Thread: G'huun?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So, is Ghuun a Blood Bod or an Old God? Because in game they refer to it as both. They are the same thing maybe? Or is it just the blood troll calling him Blood God because he ask for blood sacrifices like Hakkar (another Blood God) did?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    G'huun is basically a living plague engine - he spreads pestilence and rot on an exponential level. He was responsible for a "blood plague" that nearly wiped out the Trolls in the early days of their empire, and that was with all 3 Seals on his containment intact. As the seals fall his ability to infect the world grows, as evidenced by the growing rot of Nazmir and places like the Underrot. If G'huun goes free the mortal races of Azeroth will very quickly sicken and die in droves, and then G'huun would probably get to work on corrupting the World-soul of Azeroth herself.
    That's not including the fact that trolls are tough as fuck and have serious constitutions. You can do things to troll that would kill nearly any other race, including diseases and removing limbs, and they'll keep on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    G'huun is basically a living plague engine - he spreads pestilence and rot on an exponential level. He was responsible for a "blood plague" that nearly wiped out the Trolls in the early days of their empire, and that was with all 3 Seals on his containment intact. As the seals fall his ability to infect the world grows, as evidenced by the growing rot of Nazmir and places like the Underrot. If G'huun goes free the mortal races of Azeroth will very quickly sicken and die in droves, and then G'huun would probably get to work on corrupting the World-soul of Azeroth herself.
    That was actually due to trolls trying to summon Hakkar the Soulflayer. However, because of the plague, some trolls decided to stick with blood magic and therefore ended up worshiping G'huun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    So, is Ghuun a Blood Bod or an Old God? Because in game they refer to it as both. They are the same thing maybe? Or is it just the blood troll calling him Blood God because he ask for blood sacrifices like Hakkar (another Blood God) did?
    He's worshiped as a Blood God by the blood trolls for the blood magic related power he grants them (they had blood magic already, G'huun increases it) and the blood sacrifices he feeds on. His origins are tied to the Old Gods, basically he's the result of the Titans experimenting on Old Gods in an effort to find a way to remove them from Azeroth without harming the planet. Instead, they accidentally created G'huun as an avatar of the Old Gods' desire to infest and corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I do think lorewise Mythrax is weaker than Vezax but yeah the main reason mostly because of blizzard is getting much better telling story ingame than they used to be in classic and wotlk.
    I dont know, the sethrak that talks about it in the dungeon has a tone as if stoping Mythax was more important than Sargeras...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Happykilmore View Post
    That was actually due to trolls trying to summon Hakkar the Soulflayer. However, because of the plague, some trolls decided to stick with blood magic and therefore ended up worshiping G'huun.
    There seems to be a strong overlap between the two - it's highly likely that Hakkar was either corrupted by G'huun (similar to Hir'eek), or else somehow tapped into the captive G'huun's pestilential power for his own purposes. While there's not a solid between Hakkar and G'huun yet, the thematic link seems too strong to ignore.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

G'huun is an immediate threat, which means he has the current attention and priority of dealing with it. It's really not complicated.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just have a question lorewise why a lot of folks (specially in Zandalar) panicking about G'huun? well he is a threat sure yes but he is not that much bigger threat than they are giving him credit for tbh.

I mean he is not even a real fully old god and for sure not as powerful as N'zoth, and N'zoth is officially the weakest old god lorewise compare to the others.

My question is why they are hyping him so much as if G'huun really some kind of super duper threat while in reality he is not that dangerous compare to say Sargeras or any other old god. I mean Yogg Saron and C'thun didn't get that much hype and hell they are indeed more powerful than him....this is what makes me wondering tbh.

I mean lorewise our heroes and characters should have more confident (not saying they should underestimate G'huun or anything like that) because we have dealt with bigger and more dangerous threat than him tbh.
    As a reader/adventurer we are privy to information that 90% of the actual characters in game are not aware of. Most of actual canon characters are not aware of real power levels or how historical events actually played out. We have played through them or read them, and have a deeper understanding. It's not too crazy to believe that a race of people would be freaking out over a plague/entity that nearly wiped out their ancestors.

-- Obviously spoilers below! --

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What really bothered me about Mythrax was, that after the battle where it/he destroys the seal, he just vanishes instead of contiuning his rampage
    It's almost as Mythrax is a minion of G'huun, and after ensuring its master's freedom, its top priority was to support its master. Maybe it went back to Uldir to do just that. Maybe it'll be a boss in Uldir.

If only there was a dungeon journal that would list the bosses of the raid..

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    -- Obviously spoilers below! --

It's almost as Mythrax is a minion of G'huun, and after ensuring its master's freedom, its top priority was to support its master. Maybe it went back to Uldir to do just that. Maybe it'll be a boss in Uldir.

If only there was a dungeon journal that would list the bosses of the raid..
    ... Are you dense? I am well aware of the fact that he's a boss in Uldir, you ninny. That doesn't change the fact, that him vanishing in a second makes no sense, how does a monster of that size just disappear? Why didn't he just keep on destroying since he was supposedly unstoppable? Why didn't the Loa pursue him etc. Christ almighty....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Are you dense? I am well aware of the fact that he's a boss in Uldir, you ninny. That doesn't change the fact, that him vanishing in a second makes no sense, how does a monster of that size just disappear? Why didn't he just keep on destroying since he was supposedly unstoppable? Why didn't the Loa pursue him etc. Christ almighty....
    I can't speak for Mythrax disappearing into thin air, but calling it back for defense seems like a pretty good move tactically, by G'huun. Mythrax needed to destroy the seal, not raze Zuldazar to the ground.

It's possible the loa couldn't afford to chase after Mythrax, as the place was being swarmed by blood trolls. Their priority ought to have been to save the city. Now they live to fight another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the old gods aren't some fragments or whatever, we thought them head on.
    Actually we didn't. Might wanna pick up a copy of, and read, Chronicle before you chime in next time.
    Kthxhugsbye

10+ Year Old Account
    Who? can't recall anyone mention him like ever as playing pure alliance.

I feel that due to the nature of his plague he is a bigger threat than the he would normally be as azeroths veins (azerite seams) are exposed leaving her vulnerable

Deleted
    Ghuuns a really good way to make both the old and new lore correct. There were only 4 old god's in the Black Empire but there are five old god's chained beneath the earth. Not sure if blizzards intention but worked out well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why you gotta compare? Piss your pants or underestimate the threat, you do you. Dealing with old gods never gets old. They've got tricks for days.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

G'huun is a threat because it is basically hunger personified. It is out to eat everything, and to help do that it corrupts things. The more corruption there is the easier it is to eat everything. As G'huun moves out in the world he will eat away at the inner most parts of his own corruption. There is no off switch to what is basically the Old God equivalent of a stomach, nor is there any limits on how much it can eat. If G'huun is allowed to run free he will eat the Horde, and the Alliance. And then he will eat Azeroth, and once he is just a bloated blob floating in space he will start to eat himself. Because like I said, he is just a bottomless binge eater with no self control. While the other Old Gods have to keep Azeroth alive so they can corrupt it G'huun is just here TO EAT EVERYTHING! Like a jail break raid at the dietary center on the buffet next door.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Who? can't recall anyone mention him like ever as playing pure alliance.
    Not sure if your being serious but G'huun is a artificial old god accidently made by the titans. He's buried under Zandalar and is trying to escape. His a boss in the first raid.

Deleted
    That maybe it indeed!

Still though I still think our heroes should get more confident maybe even more cocky compare to how they used to be because of how much bigger threat they vanquished. Of course this overconfident will make us pay dearly.
    The Way i see it every time se Wine on a raid symbolists Herodes throwing themselves at this Wall until it collapses. In my book we aren’t the same heroes who cleared naxx. I know blizzard hints at that but I think that’s just a fan shoutout to old fans who played those expansions more so then it’s the heroes we play.

We are cannon fodder. That’s why I also tend to overlook the alternate reality expansions where we became commanders. We are referred to as heroes in almost all other expansions. Heroes die young

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Actually we didn't. Might wanna pick up a copy of, and read, Chronicle before you chime in next time.
    I read them but I’m terrible at remembering. What did they retcon about us fighting cthun and yogg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any reason the Titans couldn't have just destroyed G'huun once they realised their experiments were a waste of time? or did blizzard not think that far through?

G'huun doesn't seem to be attached to Azeroth (G'huuns art makes it look like a giant leech rather than embedded in the ground, and I doubt the Titans would have allowed it to gain a grasp on Azeroth) like the actual Old Gods, so there's no chance they would accidentally hurt the planet like when Aman'thul killed Y'shaarj.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.