Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dazed exists for the same reason no flying at release does. Blizzard wants you to experience the content the way it was intended, i.e. not skipping past mobs. Dazed counteracts this. I think it's as outdated as you but I guarantee you that's why they don't remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Blizzard removes rp mechanic: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DUMBED DOWN
    Blizzard keeps rp mechanics: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING
    Two different people post opposing opinions

REEEEEEEEE YOU PEOPLE CONTRADICT YOURSELVES ALL THE TIME

:thinking:

Haven't been dazed since Vanilla, Feels tip top playing a tank since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Blizzard wants you to experience the content the way it was intended, i.e. not skipping past mobs.
    Most of the time, if I'm dazed, I just pop one cooldown (if it's in a dense area), auto-walk, and afk while my char makes it to the "other side".

This mechanic entirely sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Most of the time, if I'm dazed, I just pop one cooldown (if it's in a dense area), auto-walk, and afk while my char makes it to the "other side".

This mechanic entirely sucks.
    I agree, I'm just telling you why Blizzard probably thinks it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    i think nobody is asking a full removal of this. if you want pass a massive pack of course it must be dangerous. but not from some randome mob. moreover daze is not equal, tank and druide can avoid it why not the other?
    True. I would just hate to see people running completely careless through enemy territory. There needs to be something to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Dazed exists for the same reason no flying at release does. Blizzard wants you to experience the content the way it was intended, i.e. not skipping past mobs. Dazed counteracts this. I think it's as outdated as you but I guarantee you that's why they don't remove it.
    10 years member and you still think DAZE is a counter mechanic to traveling?
    http://et.worldofwarcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Daze

Its a ROLE mechanic for TANKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    so you are not running and walking while mounted? blizzard needs to fix the tooltip or the thread.
    it doesn't work while running either atm

Because you're actually supposed to fight the enemies you encounter in the game world.

Because it gives you a choise: You either take the short route with mobs and risk of being dazed, or you take the long route with no mobs

It's an evil ploy by the leatherworking unions to keep us employed by forcing non-tanks to buy our bardings. On a slightly unrelated note, check the AH for my bardings...
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    because blizzard LOVES fucking their players over.

they removed so many useful and great features, but they keep all the trash ones (dazed, mission tables etc) around just to piss off their playerbase.
    ?? If you dislike wow do not play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    For any tailors that have seen the Resilient Spellthread that says it protects you from being dazed... it currently doesn't.
    Im still getting dazed all the time with it.
    Thought i was the only one.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    because blizzard LOVES fucking their players over.

they removed so many useful and great features, but they keep all the trash ones (dazed, mission tables etc) around just to piss off their playerbase.
    GW2 slows characters in combat, ESO knocks them off their mount with an actual knockdown effect. I know people like you think Blizzard (and others) are just some evil entity out to get you, but trust me, they honestly couldn't give any more of a fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Getting dazed prolongs the time it takes you to reach your destination. Most of the time it's a minor delay, but very frustrating, and a delay nonetheless. A delay here, another one there, it adds up to a lot of time wasted in the end. It's in their best interests to slow you down as much as possible, even if it's 10 seconds at a time.

I hate how cynical I have become over this kind of thing, but the amount of crap that exists for no reason other than to slow us down as much as possible made it impossible for me to rationalize it any other way.
    Of course, because it's all about "time played" now, and inconveniencing players makes them play longer. It's easier than creating content and less obvious than adding another grind.

How people can fall for their lies about no flying is really baffling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    GW2 slows characters in combat, ESO knocks them off their mount with an actual knockdown effect. I know people like you think Blizzard (and others) are just some evil entity out to get you, but trust me, they honestly couldn't give any more of a fuck.
    And LOTRO does handle things differently. I was never so annoyed when riding around there. Yes, you can get dismounted there. But no, the travel system of LOTRO is clearly superior to that of WoW (like, instant travel options, possibility to dismount anywhere if you take a normal journey, many teleports which you can gain by farming reputation with factions of specific zones, in addition to your guildhouse teleport and personal house teleport and hearthstone). GW2 also has things which offset the slowing down in combat, which WoW does not have, like instant travel points instead of fucking flightmasters which steal your time.

If you compare, you should orient yourself on games which make it better, not on these which make things the same or worse.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-08-31 at 10:14 AM.

To keep the world "dangerous" and "engaging".
    Core i7 7700k @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-H270M-Gaming 3 | Corsair Hydro Series H110 | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Strix | Corsair TX650M | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2400MHz | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + HDD Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Gabinete Corsair Air 540 | Razer Deathstalker - Razer Naga | Windows 10 Home 64

Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    So leatherworkers can make money

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it's only dazed protection when you aren't mounted, that is what the leather barding is for.
    Damn right. Now go buy my bardings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    To make you do things slower so you stay subbed longer.

What they don’t realise is that they’re just making things more tedious and causing people to burn out faster.
    So by your own logic here they've kept dazed in for 14 years for just that?

Fucking hell man that's some next level straw grasping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    In the past it made sense because a level 20 running through level 40 mobs should proly get you dismounted. However, with the new scaling I dont see why this still exists. Nothing pisses me off than heading back to turn in some quests than getting dismounted by some random mob my own level that was over a hill. Or you decide to just keep running instead of fighting said mob and it dazes you another time or two. Like I said it made sense when mobs didnt scale to your level but now its just annoying and doesnt serve a purpose besides pissing you off.
    Yep. Happens to me a lot on my non LW characters.

One of the many archaic design decisions not just in WoW that needs to be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a bunch of crybabies.

No you can't just run through a camp of mobs and expect to escape unscathed. Why does this thread even exist?

Yes I hate it, but that's the damn point - the world being a somewhat "dangerous" place, if you're totally careless.

Stop blaming the game mechanics for shitting on your mounted arse.

15+ Year Old Account
    The obvious logic is that they want running through large groups of mobs to be at least nominally dangerous, and don't want you to be able to use your mount to just become immune to enemies and ride in a straight line to your next destination.

Given Blizzard's stance on flying mounts, frankly I'm amazed there are people who can't piece this mystery together on their own.