Poll: Azerite System is a failure?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think that in its current form it isn't good enough. It isn't the worst system ever implemented, but I guarantee that we are going to see a revamp of some kind in 8.2 or something like that. The artifact weapons had several changes over the course of the expansion, and I would be shocked if something similar didn't happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    A poor system matched only by its implementation.

It's just not interesting. Most gear you have you'll never see the third and fourth trait on thanks to having to level your heart of Azeroth to get to them. By the time you get to 27 azerite levels, you'll be out of your Mythic dungeon gear and into raid gear.

Most of the traits are just flat increases to damage or watered down utility effects from Legion legendaries.

It feels like something tacked on because they had to have some form of end-game progression. Not some fleshed out, interesting feature.
    Agree that they should lower the neck levels again. I wonder if it will keep being this way with each tier, where you never get the last trait unlocked unless you're in the top 1%.

I'm almost to level 20 and I know some people are further without exploiting... but you really have to play 60+ hours a week to get there.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a bunch of bland passives, and the class-neutral ones all being the best messes with class fantasy a bit. Why is my mage flinging daggers and lightning bolts? I certainly hope it's not what they had envisioned, and plan to improve upon in 8.1 and beyond.

We lost talents, glyphs, set bonues, etc for this? No thanks this is a massive downgrade for the fun of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Samym23 View Post
    I love the first ring but... i was not aware that all of the inner rings are like useless.

Only minor defensive or "+5iLvL" is very, very lazy.

We need to have CHOICES that IMPACT our rotation, not only "your [insert spell here] deals [insert number or percentage here] more damage when [insert no-impact condition here]".

Idea of no legendaries / tier sets for that is ok, but atm there are not enough traits and 90% of them are very boring and does not change our gameplay in any ways but pure numbers.
    If you're good enough they will impact you.

The tier 2 damage traits for example, for my class/spec are procs. I try to structure my damage bursts around the procs to maximize their usefulness. RNG is still RNG though, can't sit on CDs too long waiting for a proc.

The healing/defense ones are pretty interesting. For hunters there is a heal if no enemies are within 20 yards, for example. For BM or MM this can be a big deal because you can stand 20 yards from the boss. SV, not so much. But there is one that reduces the CD on feign death and gives it some damage mitigation which can be useful for SV (or any spec really). This means I can feign when a damage spike is coming and the 25s CD is much better than my too long terrible turtle CD.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really good!

They took the worst part of Artifact Power Weapons away, which was that AP was not accountwide (You had to use it for 2-4 weapons, most classes 3 tho), now the neck is the same for all speccs!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs1337 View Post
    As predicted, there is no real 'choice' in the traits you take. Every class still has its BIS azurite piece with its BIS azurite talent choices. It was an attempt to add more variety to the game that really just added more RNG in our drops.
    Before we needed RNG on helmet, shoulders, chest and 3 relics.

Now we need RNG on helmets, shoulders and chest. So that's a significant reduction in needed RNG.

Its even worse than the artifact system. This is just....lazy.

I think it will be a good system when they can provide us more places to get higher ilvl Azerite gear. M+ won't be it and some traits are out of line with others, but overall I think it can be a pretty interesting system.

Edit - We need an option for No, but it needs work.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    System is alright, traits are bad. They all feel like leveling ones. So overall Azerite is mediocre and easily weakest part of BfA.

To make it good, they must make new and interesting traits for next tier and revamp all dungeon ones.

I like the system but I think they should make greater impact traits, make them really worthwhile and strong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Worst of the worst systems they've implemented.

I don't think it's a disaster or anything, but I really don't like that it feels like you are losing progress when you want to equip a higher level item and suddendly have fewer treats equiped. I also don't like to have higher level equipment in my bag, because I can't equip it until I reach a certain azerite level. Feels like a punishment for progressing too fast.

Other than that is's pretty bland and small scale vs. legion but also less offensive in it's execution (no random drop leggos, no endless overpowered traits that make grinding too attractive, less random than the crucible (I think?)).

Could probably be fixed into something cooler in the next patches. Linear progression systems are fairly young still, so it's not suprising that they need a while to find a good system. Just look at how many fuck ups they needed to come up with m+ or the flex raid system.
    Last edited by owbu; 2018-08-31 at 02:42 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    It makes no sense that for many dps classes the specific traits are really weak.

Looking at bloodmallet, Thunderous Blast is BiS for many specs, while a few classes have specific traits as bis.

All generic traits are passive proc abilities that you have no control and that dont impact in any way on any rotation making them very boring.

But it was not better to create a separate ring for these traits, creating at least a little more depth in the system.

sorry I forgot .. too much effort for the blizzard.

It's not great, literally a downgrade from Artifact Weapons, but that doesn't make it a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It feels like something tacked on because they had to have some form of end-game progression. Not some fleshed out, interesting feature.
    Although I actually really enjoy the system... I think you're right here. They had to do something... and this is what we got. Overall I think it's okay. I like having multiple sets of gear to use for PvP/PvE etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen999 View Post
    After almost two weeks from the release of BfA, what do you think of the new Azerite Armor system?
    It works but it ain't no artifact weapon, that's for damn sure. Getting to build the artifact weapon in Legion was exciting, this is decidedly not.

Deleted
    As a returning player after a 2 year hiatus throughout Legion. I really dislike the system.

Traits are unbalanced and there's a pretty clear pick for which items to grind to get the best possible traits for the char.
    The grind is too slow, at this rate most players won't have unlocked their final tier of traits on raid gear by the time that the new patch for raid content will hit.
    And speaking of that final tier, +5ilvl really isn't an incentive to go out and grind AP to get that final upgrade at this point in time. Unless you find yourself in full mythic raid BiS gear and you still want that final bit of extra number on the chart. Even then it's a completely irrelevant upgrade due to the fact that all the content you'll be clearing is targeted towards people in non-upgraded heroic gear.

Basically it comes down to it being a system for the sake of wanting to have a system.

The whole point and criticism of Legion was that it was too punishing for switching specs.

Now that Azerite gear is almost entirely set to spec specific traits, its just as bad.

So it didn't solve that problem.

The second problem is the Traits themselves are RNG. So most the times its not a great combination, and you'll end up with dozens of these pieces just taking up space, headache to organize, headache to maximize, headache to simplify.

I wish these dev's would stop shoving untested gimmick systems into the game now. WoD was Garrisons, Legion was Artifacts, BfA is Azerite Gear.

It's all just marketing > design.

And now were stuck with it for an entire expansion.

It is and it will get worse. For alts its even worse than artifacts weapons in Legion.

Blizzard basically combined all the bad and boring parts of talent trees, artifact weapons and tier-sets and mashed them together to create the Azerite system which is just... awful.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again