Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Pretty relaxing for the rest of the expansion.
    Relaxing is another word for bored out of your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No other expansion? Have you played TBC? We never did same content over and over. Everytime you killed one boss you moved to progress another new boss in new raid. Reason why we run content over and over is becouse game become way too acessible with 4 raid difficulty levels. I never eun out of content during TBC.
    Yes I did play in TBC =) That kind of raiding has been left behind many years ago. Personally I would not mind having the raiding like it was in BC, but it did cause alot of work to complete all raids and it was hard finding a raiding guild who would take you in for the older raids so you could progress and do attunments and catch up. Unless you were already in a decent guild from the start.

because of that alot of people never saw the raids Blizzard made, and thats probably one of the main reason they make raids more accesible today. To justify the resources spendt on making them. Personally I would not mind Blizzard having a normal & HC mode and leave it at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    literally 80% of my (mythic) raiding guild is only logging in to do the forced reputation worldquest that you have no other choice but to do, just to hit alt+f4 as hard as possible afterwards. And god have mercy on those poor souls that decided to reroll, rip your reputation and rip your neck.

cant wait for week 3 after mythic release when the only content is raidlogging and worldquests

i honestly can see BFA going below WOD subnumbers, this expansion feels like they outsourced it to EA or something

Here is a bombshell for you. Its a game. Not your life. Most people know that and therefore don’t give two shits about some guys nolifing it. For real. Mythic plus and raids are here next week. If that’s not enough you are playing the wrong game

Deleted
    World Quests is a shitty design. The worst thing about it is that it's the same goddamn quests we did through the already out of age leveling.
    Did you hate leveling? You thought those quests you've already done for 15 f*ckin years ( kill him, bring me that, talk to him ) were shit? Ok, good, do them in a goddamn loop for 2 years. Non stop. Oh, you've get to exalted to all factions, and don't need to do the WQs? Ok, I'll add a new zone, with a new rep. Do them again.

Sure we had daily quests before, but it was nothing compared to that.

The worst thing is, we told them it was shit, they kept adding it to the game. We told them, stop, we don't want any more garrison missions, they kept adding it to the game.
    We told them, stop, no more infinite grinding for AP, they kept adding it to the game.

I can't wait for Vanilla to come back.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steefiepie View Post
    Relaxing is another word for bored out of your mind?
    No, it's part of the game that I will have my mind off. I will be leveling alts, raiding, doing m+. Will also take advantage of the exalted items while they are relevant too.

literally 80% of my (mythic) raiding guild is only logging in to do the forced reputation worldquest that you have no other choice but to do, just to hit alt+f4 as hard as possible afterwards. And god have mercy on those poor souls that decided to reroll, rip your reputation and rip your neck.

cant wait for week 3 after mythic release when the only content is raidlogging and worldquests

i honestly can see BFA going below WOD subnumbers, this expansion feels like they outsourced it to EA or something
    and how exactly are WQs now different than in legion?

in legion you needed to do them to increase your odds of a legendary in BfA to get rep with factions (only Champions of Azeroth is 'mandatory' though)

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    There is no blizzard hating, from me anyways. It's the DIRECTION where the game is heading.
    There's a lot of complaints towards "direction of the game" I could have, like constantly catering to antisocial elements by steadily crippling guilds and server communities while promoting "1 click group with strangers, never interact with them, leave and never see them again" in every type of content, or releasing patches and expansion in open beta state "dw we'll hotfix it later", but reps are really nothing new or shocking, vanilla reps were super slow to obtain, same with tbc ones, dailies were a thing since tbc too. Paragon chests, yea, it's an abomination, you should be done with rep once you're done. But reps being "slow" or "grindy" is not really a sudden change of direction.

End of Legion during content drought I tried to get as close to possible to the next rep achievement and some of the old reps are truly eyegouging. Hydraxian Waterlords - 1k rep per week, hard gated. Ogrila - I'm getting around 3 dailies to do one of which is not worth my nerves. Goblins - oh yeah, grinding mobs 3-5 rep per is super good gains? Arathi Basin I heard it was nerfed over the years, but it used to be one of the worst.

Tbh current reps I got to revered (except Tortollan) and I'm just gonna let it sit and get it casually from emissaries. Very little reason to keep grinding. I grinded 7th legion but only because I wanted the allied race.

Okay, thanks for your input. It is truly remarkable work you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    There's a lot of complaints towards "direction of the game" I could have, like constantly catering to antisocial elements by steadily crippling guilds and server communities while promoting "1 click group with strangers, never interact with them, leave and never see them again" in every type of content, or releasing patches and expansion in open beta state "dw we'll hotfix it later", but reps are really nothing new or shocking, vanilla reps were super slow to obtain, same with tbc ones, dailies were a thing since tbc too. Paragon chests, yea, it's an abomination, you should be done with rep once you're done. But reps being "slow" or "grindy" is not really a sudden change of direction.

End of Legion during content drought I tried to get as close to possible to the next rep achievement and some of the old reps are truly eyegouging. Hydraxian Waterlords - 1k rep per week, hard gated. Ogrila - I'm getting around 3 dailies to do one of which is not worth my nerves. Goblins - oh yeah, grinding mobs 3-5 rep per is super good gains? Arathi Basin I heard it was nerfed over the years, but it used to be one of the worst.

Tbh current reps I got to revered (except Tortollan) and I'm just gonna let it sit and get it casually from emissaries. Very little reason to keep grinding. I grinded 7th legion but only because I wanted the allied race.
    You can't really take ALL kinds of reputations over 14 years under the same blanket tho. Hydraxian Waterlords can be smart farmed to revered I think btw. Then yes, weekly gate. Ogri'la daily gives 250/350/500 rep, plus sha'tari skyguard rep. While you only have a limited amount of dailies, your daily progress is noticable, and you are done relatively quickly, compared to the daily world tour in Legion/BfA. But then we've had so much better reps over the years, in wrath, mop. Those are that needed to be looked as examples, not the goblins.

So you played the game too much and are enforcing silly arbitrary rules on yourself and your guild which resulted in you (and by extension them) burning out and that's somehow blizzard's fault?

Mmkay.

I play the game an hour or two a day. Stop when I get tired or bored of it and I'm doing just fine. This expansion feels no better or worse than Legion as far as wq's and ap go.

Azerite gear on the other hand..

I didn't understand the 7th legion rep blitzkrieg grind going on. That's burnout inducing.

It's much easier to just wait for warfront turn-in's and weekly island expo's

literally 80% of my (mythic) raiding guild is only logging in to do the forced reputation worldquest that you have no other choice but to do
    But you do have a choice, you can choose not to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    But you do have a choice, you can choose not to do them.
    Oh sure, don't do them. And don't get things like: Gear, Flying, New Races, Story.

Brilliant choice.

Deleted
    Burned out? Don't do them. It's that simple

Deleted
    Some people wanted the 2 new races fast so obv. theyre getting burnt out (me included)

And no, warzone wont "fix" anything, it's an automated win feature to enable access to a world boss.. ? Or am i wrong? (and you get a piece of gear iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Okay, thanks for your input. It is truly remarkable work you do.
    So sarcastic irrelevant trolling is completely fine

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    OP is correct but this is the wrong place to post it, MMO champion is affiliated with Blizzard and there are a shitload of asslickers on here. Sub numbers will drop below WoD I have little doubt about that, because at least in WoD you could make a massive amount of gold. In BFA people will just stop playing since it's just a worse version of Legion.
    ...but this results in a ban?? what? Is this place just an extension of the official forum now?

World quests are pretty bad, especially the 'fill the bar' ones which seem to take an eternity.

I don't really mind the ones that just have you kill one rare.

Also, doing every single WQ on the map is craziness. Just be selective. War Resources or coins, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

...but this results in a ban?? what? Is this place just an extension of the official forum now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Burned out? Don't do them. It's that simple
    and get kicked from my guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    But then we've had so much better reps over the years, in wrath, mop. Those are that needed to be looked as examples, not the goblins.
    The mandatory sons of hodir rep grind was a bane of my life back then. Somewhere halfway the expac they made shoulder enchants BOA, but that was much later - maybe in BFA we'll get neck catchup 2 patches down the line too? I wouldn't be surprised. But early expansion it's always some rep you "have to" get and it's annoying.

And MOP? Man, you weren't around when the expac launched. The biggest whine of the season was the amount of mandatory dailies, and the gating of August Celestial dailies / rep behind doing Golden Lotus first. And the worst part of MOP reps was early on you HAD to get them to spend your valor / justice (currency you'd get from dungeons and raids), that was lifted over time, but lots of people got pissed they had dead currency in their pockets unless they undergo the rep grind.

The MOP rep system was improved over time: justice point items could be bought with no rep, valor rewards were lowered in rep requirements and I think also lifted some patches later, the tillers work orders were added for other factions, the first heroic of the day bonus was added, the bonus rep after revered for alts was added and so on.

But early expansion? It was hated, and it was badly designed. People were legit burning out with it.

WOW over the course of years had a lot of ideas that were good after 10 improvements but horrible in early implementation. So can't blame the cynics who say they're gonna unsub and come back after 8.1 or 8.2 when tedious stuff is nerfed, catch ups added, flying implemented and so forth. I'm still gonna play even though I'm annoyed at the amount of bugs and tuning issues currently, but the BFA reps are fairly timid in comparison to some I've seen in the past. The mandatory amount is 4 quests per day for emissary, and they can be stockpiled for 2-3 days. The mandatory reps are champions of azeroth and specific war campaign rep (7th legion / honorbound) to revered. Exalted is mostly for cosmetics, and other reps are not needed to be rushed unless a person wants to.