Poll: Azerite System is a failure?

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If you have that high expections for the system to go past that, then sure it will still be a failure, but my ambitions for the system is just for it to add flavour to the specs/classes and add some choice as time goes on. Furthermore, AP both in Legion and in BFA fufills the purpose of being an everwanting reward, something players who constantly needs a purpose to play, can play after and it works like that. I am personally a person who needs a reward at the end of a task and it matters really not if that reward is important, just that it moves me ahead in any factor. AP is doing that right now and is just lacking in giving interesting and fun rewards on the gear that you are given(like come on, 5 item lvl at the last tier O.o).

I have no expectation of AP being the new legendaries, a system that can mirrror the same exitement of gear or something that really makes WoW worth playing. I see it as extra additional fluff/flavour to the game and see the game aside from that feature.

Like, i would say that WoW is currently lacking alot of non-mindless and boring grinds in the game, features that can add complexity to the game or the specs that we play, but instead of wanting Azerite to do that, i would much rather demand Blizzard to make a system which can actually fufill that.
    Isn't what your describing gold?

I don't know I grow weary of the bullshit being added. I just want to go back to tbc. Sadly its iffy blizz will give me that and private tbc servers are iffy at best...

Weirdly mop and wrath have better private servers then tbc I never really figured that out. There was that one near perfect one but blizz nixed it early and the guy didn't release the code.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    It's a terrible system it's boring and tbh I feel like sometimes the Devs forgot to put weapons back into the loot table drops..
    RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT?!?!?!?!? I've been going crazy about no wep drops... 3 weeks of mythics and absolutely no weapon drops. I am SWIMMING in 340 azerite gear... 2 with my 2nd BiS trait, which I prefer anyways.

OT:
    I don't care for it... It gives them room to make interesting traits later on down the line when more raid gear comes out but... It feels really bad right now. Especially with how scarce weapons are. At least for DH there are some options, I like augmenting blade dance. For momentum builds that can augment fel rush for that added damage and maybe make that fel rush talent worthwhile. There are only 2 positives I see from the system... They cannot titan forge... and I don't have 4 pieces of my gear locked in place that cannot be replaced by anything other than a higher ilvl version of it... but when you think about it... you still need it to have the right traits so it doesn't come out all that different. Just 1 less slot being absolutely forced, I guess.

I like the idea but it's implemented badly. The all around traits are too powerful which means the actual more interesting spec specific traits are terrible and never worth taking for most specs. The Heart of Azeroth levels requirement ruins them further. Like why the hell does a ilvl 340 Azerite piece require Heart level 27? I'm currently at 19 and by the time I'm at 27 at least a month and a half from now I'll have ilvl 355+ items that I have a feeling are going to have even higher requirements. I actually expect even more hotfixes to the Azerite levels in the next 2 weeks once us raiders start getting gear we literally cannot use for over a month or more.

Bring back my gold for world quests, because other the gear and azerite. World quests are pointless and not worth the effort.

Yes new system is boring. Just seems there isn't that many people playing like in legion's start...mehhh could be me...

Deleted
    One of the worst systems ever implemented next to Garrisons and at least those gave you some progression.
    The very notion is absurd:
    You grind AP to use traits to then do higher level to content to grind AP to unlock the exact same traits.
    There is no progression whatsoever, in fact there is constant regression between steps of finding the same traits, grinding the AP and getting the gear.
    On top of it all, the traits are boring passives. Yes they might be powerful but they are boring. At least legendaries in legion changed some stuff sometimes.
    This was told by alpha testers back when it was first implemented but Blizzard just refused to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    At first I thought that would also be a great trait but it simply isnt, and the sims prove it, its not even in the top 50%

yea rng isnt a prob anymore with Paradise lost, but that obviously takes up 1/3 slots, and the other traits offer more. So even tho you eliminate some RNG, your still coming out behind.
    I know the sims tells one story, but in game I have found this to not be entirely true. Paradise Lost makes the rotation much more smooth and my average dps has become much better (not in sims, but in game) since i have taken 2x Paradise lost. Of course in situation where you get 5x buff then the trait wont help anything, so Paradise lost doesn't increase your maximum capacity with good RNG, but it increases your average output. If you want a more consistant playstyle it is definitely better to go with 2x Paradise lost compared to choosing Slice n Dice.

The main point of this whole thread was also that the Azerite Traits have an impact on your playstyle and for Outlaw Rogue this can be true.

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s good, but the reforging should be for free, or same amount of gold, not that it’s getting expensive each use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen999 View Post
    After almost two weeks from the release of BfA, what do you think of the new Azerite Armor system?
    I'd rather have the secondaries.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

It is horrible, I do not like gathering AP at all, and it is weird that it is better to have good ilvl wq item than one from mythic since you can unlock those Azerite powers easier. It makes me even less curious about raiding, because we all know that first tier of raiding is really weak since WoD... Also those Azerite power traits seem random, and you cannot easily check them in a game before you could roll on them in a raid, so you need to check lists of items to know which azerite items you need for your spec ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    The very notion is absurd:
    You grind AP to use traits to then do higher level to content to grind AP to unlock the exact same traits.
    Yeah, this is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

The longer the expansion is live the more will hate this system because it just gets worse over time (and worse with every character you play).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It’s good, but the reforging should be for free, or same amount of gold, not that it’s getting expensive each use.
    Well it just make it so you need 6 items if you want to play in two specs and 9 if you want to play in 3, which now is way more than it was before with tier sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Meh don't care tbh. Its nice when you unlock the higher traits and see nubs who don't have it so that makes you feel accompilshed but in the end we will all have the same level of traits like we did with legion.

Deleted
    It's better than the artifact weapons but I wouldn't miss it if the Azerite system wasn't there.

Its would be fine if the traits were actually interesting and powerful and changed up gameplay but no they are boring uninspired passives. On my guardian druid I have 3 thrash traits that give me agility and I change one piece for ironfur if needed for bosses woohpee. The artifact weapon actually gave you an entirely new ability ontop of cool art and lore.

yea it's pretty garbage. all the best traits for me are just boring passive procs, yet i have to sim myself every 5 min to see what is actually good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting the impression that Azerite gear is the "Wind down" period from artifact weapons. Once we are use to this as the baseline, they can bring back a system more interesting when everyone is nostalgic for how well artifacts worked. They have a habit of doing this with mechanical systems to keep things "fresh".
    It's functional, it's less engaging, but by the time nostalgia for artifacts rolls around we will have forgotten how amazingly boring the artifact system actually was at it's core - just an excuse to buffer end game repeatable content.

10+ Year Old Account
    8/10 idea
    3/10 implementation

The fact that the passive, non-spec-specific traits are almost universally the best is a huge problem. The fact that some traits are horrendous means you can't rely on item level to determine upgrades, which was a stated goal with BfA. The lack of anything that alters gameplay is a huge problem. It's just a very bland, boring, underdeveloped system that puts more burden on players to run sims every time they get a new piece. It's crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    8/10 idea
    3/10 implementation

The fact that the passive, non-spec-specific traits are almost universally the best is a huge problem. The fact that some traits are horrendous means you can't rely on item level to determine upgrades, which was a stated goal with BfA. The lack of anything that alters gameplay is a huge problem. It's just a very bland, boring, underdeveloped system that puts more burden on players to run sims every time they get a new piece. It's crap.
    Those scores are pretty generous.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Deleted
    I think its nonsense. They say they want to make item upgrades feel good. Getting an ilvl upgrade with worse traits does not feel good. Especially when i need to grind up a number before i can even equip it.

I wouldnt call it a straight failure, but it sure is boring as fck and doesnt add anything new or motivating to the game.