Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    didn't they usually give at least the same ilvl as your gear as rewards or do I remember it wrong?
    They've never done that across all ilvl ranges.

Currently BFA WQ rewards are capped at a mean reward level of 325 (±5). Dungeon WQs and emissaries are 15 above that.

Its no different than legion which capped at ~910 if I remember correctly, but only in 7.3. Nowhere near to the 940 to 960 ilvl you would have with 'good gear' at that point.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2018-09-01 at 01:58 PM.

I've seen a few 340 items from dungeon wq's. A pair of legs from waycrest manor, and today a ring from tol dagor. Neither of them an upgrade though.

Anyone know why the rewards of WQ is so crappy.
    I am 340 ilvl and I only get 320 and 325 items WQ. didn't they usually give at least the same ilvl as your gear as rewards or do I remember it wrong?
    They are bad rewards because world quests in BFA are designed to not continue offering reward for a new raid release is around the corner. This is the WoD 2.0 design.

I think the game is trying to tell you that it's okay to skip WQ now.

Now we just have to wait a week for the game to also tell us what to do instead.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

I am 340 ilvl and I only get 320 and 325 items WQ. didn't they usually give at least the same ilvl as your gear as rewards or do I remember it wrong?
    In legion? No.

World quests would always scale up to a certain Point and then they'd stop giving you better rewards. World Quests are just more modern daily quests. There aren't intended to be endgame Content on par with dungeons and Raids.

However the emmisaries and dungeon world quests do actually reward mythic gear that can titanforge.

Obviously, the world scales are also gonna scale up again with newer Patches.

Worried about WQs giving bad rewards. Have you opened a treasure chest?
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    Everything in this expansion feel like a "early" rip off of what Legion was supposed to be. If this expansion came out before Legion, It would have been considered (very) good for what it offers. But Legion set the bar so high, everything felt more advanced, deeper, ... It really makes BFA looks cheap and pale in comparaison. That's a major problem.

The story telling is really good (the story itself is another problem but how the story is tell is good). But beside that... It's Legion, cheaper and less advanced.
    What did Legion do better than BfA?
    I've seen many People say this here, but no one ever said what Legion did better than WoD (excluding class design).

I understand it that Legion was a massive step up from WoD, but BfA is essentially Legion 2.0 with a couple updated Things, some new Features and a different setting.

Because the game does not expect you to get Mythic quality loot for collecting 15 acorns and cracking 10 squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    I've seen a few 340 items from dungeon wq's. A pair of legs from waycrest manor, and today a ring from tol dagor. Neither of them an upgrade though.
    Yeah, i got the ring from that quest too, it titanforged up to 355 as well, not bad...

...but the emissary-reward was 700g, that was kind of bad, but you can't win them all!

The biggest gear-bottleneck for me is the Azerite slots, several options crop up with silly regularity (How many Azerite-chests does one person need?), but they're all 325 (No ilevel-boosts for Azerite gear, as if we needed more reason to feel meh about them), while my average itemlevel is 334 or so, oh well, if rewards were too good, we'd all be complaining about doing all the WQs for them.

they didnt.

in legion WQ rewards were always absolute garbage but you did them for legendaries.

now without legendaries world will be dead in a month time once biggest slckers gets their champion of azeroth reps to revered.

so unless you are one of heavy ap farmed you should be past WQ already on main .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Next week onward people can farm "endless" M+, 2 raid difficulties, alongside weekly M0. & whatever pvp/warfronts bring.

WQ never meant to be replacement for that content, mostly just rep & starter gear.
    and other people will start unsubbing since they wont get into pug groups without milion itlv so no point to play game till blizzard puts in some catch up mechanics in 8.2
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-09-01 at 02:49 PM.

WQ growth is designed to aid people who are behind the highest content to catch up. ATM 340 is the highest content so the cap has to be lower then that. You can still be lucky and get a titan forge that is higher or better then mythics but it is very uncommon.

In addition, Item Level is not everything. Take Golden Empire Signet for example. I got mine with a bonus slot and it is a lv 330 item that I cant replace with my 355 non-socketed rings. (Tank druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    unless youre really horny for that exalted neck boost. Just dont do every wq. WQ gear is capped at 330(disregarding dungeon ones) so if you've been doing mythics you should have outgeared that by a longshot.

Currently only doing ap WQ's and even skipping some of those if I hate the WQ.
    there is no neck boost at exalted. thats why there is no point to do them over revered.

Deleted
    Emissary rewards are stupid xD ..like 3 days in row 600 azerite or 700g or 200 war recourses xD fuk that give me somethin rare

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    WQ growth is designed to aid people who are behind the highest content to catch up. ATM 340 is the highest content so the cap has to be lower then that. You can still be lucky and get a titan forge that is higher or better then mythics but it is very uncommon.

In addition, Item Level is not everything. Take Golden Empire Signet for example. I got mine with a bonus slot and it is a lv 330 item that I cant replace with my 355 non-socketed rings. (Tank druid)
    casuals dont play this way - they will replace anything with anything as long as it gives them itlv. so the moment they are 340 they are done with wold content. and can unsub till 8.2 .

bad game design is bad.

WQs are capped at 330, 340 for chests and dungeon quests, so no, you won't ever get better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    casuals dont play this way - they will replace anything with anything as long as it gives them itlv. so the moment they are 340 they are done with wold content. and can unsub till 8.2 .

bad game design is bad.
    If "casuals" only look at item level instead of what stats they need...that isnt bad game design...that is bad player base. Good game design is stats that look easy but reward players for actually thinking about the stats. Your comment is in support of it being good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Worried about WQs giving bad rewards. Have you opened a treasure chest?
    You mean a grey item and 13 war resources doesn't get you hard either?

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Because the game does not expect you to get Mythic quality loot for collecting 15 acorns and cracking 10 squirrels.
    And that's a good change. Epic enchanting mats were always rare at the start of expansion. And they only hold value until Blizzard adds again endless welfare epics which makes the value of epic crystals tank instantly. Atm you get a 340 for clearing a mythic dungeon. That effort is completely not comparable to pick 10 hyena poops. So the reward should be appropriate. Btw titanforge is still a thing so people still can get epics from "325+" wq reward.

Quote Originally Posted by dojichan View Post
    If "casuals" only look at item level instead of what stats they need...that isnt bad game design...that is bad player base. Good game design is stats that look easy but reward players for actually thinking about the stats. Your comment is in support of it being good design.
    Blizz said they want itemlevel to be almost the most important, with primary stats (Which are bound to itemlevel) being the biggest factor in how powerful an item is, and for most people getting the "Perfect stats" isn't all that important, so people going "Well, i won't get better gear, so time to knock this WQ-stuff off" is a very real possibility, and that does raise the question of "What are people going to do inbetween weekly resets?"

I have 2 items that I got from WQ currently, Titanforge to 355 is your friend.