Poll: Azerite System is a failure?

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Incredibly unexciting for an major expansion feature. It reaks of a team who doesnt want to or cant really inovate. Just shuffel around what was already there, call it something new.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'm going to wait until we see the raiding traits before I judge it a failure or not. But currently its very lack luster.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping they end up implementing more and better traits that actually feel impactful, since we just started the expansion, I dont expect to have all the "cool stuff" right away, but if by the second raid tier the traits remain the same.. Pure garbage.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Secondary stats in place of Azerite traits would be more exciting... that's how dull the current system is. I'm not going to bother chasing AP for 4 months to unlock +5 ilvls, a 105 damage shield every 90 seconds or a 1% movement speed increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    I'm going to wait until we see the raiding traits before I judge it a failure or not. But currently its very lack luster.
    They're already in your dungeon journal for Uldir.

Deleted
    You can see the raiding traits right now in the dungeon journal, they've been known for months.

All of them are exactly the same except TWO (total, not per spec or even per class). And those two new ones are more or less concordance from legion reskinned, and one that makes you shoot aoe lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadorbard View Post
    3 days until M+ opens and people start to discover it doesn't drop from there. Gonna be A+ commentary on the forums.
    I have my popcorn ready when people find out M+ and Warfronts does not offer the elusive unicorn of progression that they crave. Then it will be GG and all the wow forums will be on fire with rage and a tsunami of tears aka QQ.

- - - Updated - - -

I will give you a surprise...there is no real difference lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    I miss the feeling that everything I did mattered at different stages of the game. I broke my time nicely into dungeons and crafting to prepare for raiding then slowly worked my way up a ladder. Each choice I made in game had a direct impact.

This whole just grind stuff you can slaughter blindfolded but is magically always rewarding from a endless treadmill doesn't jive with me. I just miss that polished structured max level game player over our super random happy go fun time Korean grindfest.

Yes mythic raiding and mythic + exists but I just guess I miss when there was more to the game.
    I feel the same way.

I want to level professions? You are punished for doing so until you do it blizzards way. Very unfortunate turn the game has taken and it is worse for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say they feel like a failure.

While the idea sounds exciting, the implementation is flawed at best. The traits feels rather dull and generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I'm going to say they feel like a failure.

While the idea sounds exciting, the implementation is flawed at best. The traits feels rather dull and generic.
    I think the problem Is they need to be dull and generic. Exciting traits cant really work in wow unless they rebuild the engine from the ground up. The disparity of damage done would be massive between players of the same classes and any balance changes would make entire gear sets worthless.

Wacky procs and weapon effects need to be designed around two principles and its sadly a either or. They either need to be so weak no one really cares or the patch has to be balanced around everyone having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    I think the problem Is they need to be dull and generic. Exciting traits cant really work in wow unless they rebuild the engine from the ground up. The disparity of damage done would be massive between players of the same classes and any balance changes would make entire gear sets worthless.

Wacky procs and weapon effects need to be designed around two principles and its sadly a either or. They either need to be so weak no one really cares or the patch has to be balanced around everyone having them.
    they absolutely dont need to be dull and generic considering they are replacing "dull and generic secondaries", there is nothing wrong, if the traits were changing playstyles like Legendaries in Legion, since the items are far more accesible then Legendaries, which is probably what people were hoping azerite traits will be.

and they should absolutely delete all the "randomly proc secondary stat." What the hell, they removed secondaries on those items only to give them back in proc form. The only way this makes sense is if they were just out of creative juices and slapped the most generic things on them...

There is definite room for improvement but I don't think it is a failure.

Definitely feels like a failure at this point. Here's what I would do.

1) Don't allow stacking of them at all, or buff the secondary part of the trait so that stacking becomes sub-optimal. Right now everyone's just looking for 3x of their BiS trait (even worse when it's just Thunderous Blast). Boring.
    2) Add actives or other rotational abilities in with Azerite traits. Most artifacts started with an active ability - something like that should definitely be an azerite trait. With everything just being a passive bonus, the only question is looking for which trait sims the best.
    3) The second ring is just garbage at the moment. None of the traits are actionable at all and are completely passive. There's no way anyone would play around going from 15 of your primary stat to 90 of your primary stat. Others have mentioned having proccing secondary stats is just lazy - might as well have given secondary stats on the piece itself.
    4) The outer ring should not be 1 trait for each spec and then 1 generic trait. It should have multiple traits for a spec - especially if they add active abilities, there could be a couple of them on a single piece to make sure that a single character won't be OP.

I like the fact that it's not RNG and definitely farmable in comparison to legiondaries, but everything about this first tier just feels absolutely uninspired. They should be pieces that give me 3-4 choices of game changing ability, not just having 95% of azerite gear be complete trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    Definitely feels like a failure at this point. Here's what I would do.

1) Don't allow stacking of them at all, or buff the secondary part of the trait so that stacking becomes sub-optimal. Right now everyone's just looking for 3x of their BiS trait (even worse when it's just Thunderous Blast). Boring.
    2) Add actives or other rotational abilities in with Azerite traits. Most artifacts started with an active ability - something like that should definitely be an azerite trait. With everything just being a passive bonus, the only question is looking for which trait sims the best.
    3) The second ring is just garbage at the moment. None of the traits are actionable at all and are completely passive. There's no way anyone would play around going from 15 of your primary stat to 90 of your primary stat. Others have mentioned having proccing secondary stats is just lazy - might as well have given secondary stats on the piece itself.
    4) The outer ring should not be 1 trait for each spec and then 1 generic trait. It should have multiple traits for a spec - especially if they add active abilities, there could be a couple of them on a single piece to make sure that a single character won't be OP.

I like the fact that it's not RNG and definitely farmable in comparison to legiondaries, but everything about this first tier just feels absolutely uninspired. They should be pieces that give me 3-4 choices of game changing ability, not just having 95% of azerite gear be complete trash.

But I kinda like having 50%+ crit when my gear procs.....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Well it just make it so you need 6 items if you want to play in two specs and 9 if you want to play in 3, which now is way more than it was before with tier sets.
    Yea but at least i dont have to level two weapons.

Continually astounded at people's ability to have strong feelings about every minute element of the game. WoW forum dwellers are the type to get angry about breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yea but at least i dont have to level two weapons.
    But you still need to gather stupid AP ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    Continually astounded at people's ability to have strong feelings about every minute element of the game. WoW forum dwellers are the type to get angry about breakfast.
    Azerite gear was one of the 3 "new features" of BFa including islands and warfronts.. Azerite gear is not a "minute element" of the game.

Tbh azerite in its current form might be blizz's biggest failure ever and that's saying a lot. This is supposed to replace set bonus, legendary effects AND artifacts. And they can't even balance it so that generic traits don't blow class traits out of the water. The ones that are good are also boring as shit the majority of the time, adding nothing interesting to your class. At least set bonuses were something to look forward to.

The good thing about the new system is that (most of) the bonus you get is so weak that it is no longer mandatory to have certain unlocks as it was in Legion. The bad thing is that most bonus are so lazy and uninspired that it feels like even Blizzard doesn't like the system.

On my Paladin it is free heal, free absorb, even more free absorb... It just feels lazy and boring. On my mage it's like "I have traits? Didn't notice..." On my Warlock those traits do assist game-play and even change some rotations (like the drain life buff), which feels like the best design of all Arzerite I've seen so far. However while the Warlock traits are actually changing things, they also immediately become mandatory, which makes you not want to wear new gear, because a certain trait is missing.

Over all: lazy, lame, bad design.

Pretty sure the overall population was already tired of the Artifact grind from legion, this is pretty much the same thing, feels like we doing it all over again you know. Dont rly know what to replace it with doh

It's not as good as Legion artifacts, but it's not bad. And I think having just another artifact with different traits would be boring.

But yeah, the bandwagon of "but it doesn't revolutionize the gameplay" has already set off.