Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    When did Diablo go mobile? I know it's going to be available for the Switch, but that is a full console. Mobile would imply a tablet or a cell phone.

WoW isn't going mobile. Chances are Blizzard is probably expanding their offering with new mobile games.
    There's been 360m Apple iPads sold since 2010.

You better believe Blizzard is constantly trying to think of ways to get product onto that platform. Hearthstone was an early quick win.

WoW in its current state won't make it. But Vainglory suggests something like Diablo / Starcraft / HotS could, if modified or a 'tablet' release were to be created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    There's been 360m Apple iPads sold since 2010.

You better believe Blizzard is constantly trying to think of ways to get product onto that platform. Hearthstone was an early quick win.

WoW in its current state won't make it. But Vainglory suggests something like Diablo / Starcraft / HotS could, if modified or a 'tablet' release were to be created.
    Oh I'm sure they are. Diablo would fit fine on mobile, I think. WoW? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    I remember when people were saying the exact same thing about Starcraft.
    Two completely different games and two completely different genres. Wow is a massively larger game in size and scope.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Two completely different games and two completely different genres. Wow is a massively larger game in size and scope.
    They made a choice a long time ago to chase after one of two crowds. Those who enjoyed a ladder system were content increased in difficulty and required a team and community to complete vs one more focused on singular play and time in rewards.

I get annoyed but I don't blame blizzard for choosing to stick with time in after going with it for so long. Classic is there attempt to draw back some of the crowd they chased out over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not the point and irrelevant. Current gen consoles are more than capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    Not the point and irrelevant. Current gen consoles are more than capable.
    We are talking about a game engine where changing the bag size of your backpack would break the code of the game... You think they can port that to console?? yeh ... lol good luck. A simple change in a small hotfix in legion caused all of the dungons to have widespread evasion and clipping bugs. All of the old engineers of WoW have left the game and it's difficult for new people to fully understand how to work with something they didn't make themselves.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-09-01 at 10:43 PM.

Conspiracy theories such as this one has been flying around, conjured up by less-than-critical thinkers for as long as the game has been available.

As for "simplifying", I've seen that buzzphrase thrown around since I started playing.

Some people seem to forget that Blizzard is a lot more than just WoW. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see an iteration of WC2 or WC3 on mobile. Look what EA is doing to Command and Conquer (evil bastards).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    We are talking about a game engine where changing the bag size of your backpack would break the code of the game... You think they can port that to console?? yeh ... lol good luck. A simple change in a small hotfix in legion caused all of the dungons to have widespread evasion and clipping bugs. All of the old engineers of WoW have left the game and it's difficult for new people to fully understand how to work with something they didn't make themselves.
    Ah yes I remember the game breaking crash of January 15, 2018. Where they added 4 slots to your backpack for attaching an authenticator.

It was truly world ending.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Wrong and wrong.
    You may feel that is the case, but I will say with 100% absolute certainty that you are wrong.
    http://gs.statcounter.com/platform-m...-mobile-tablet

Sorry, but you are wrong..

Mobile doesn’t have to be cell phone, mobile can be any device that can be moved:

Switch
    Phones
    Tablets

Etc

Sorry you are wrong.

Just this year mobile usages as raises 4% or so...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You're exaggerating.

Also, I did not say porting it to consoles would be easy, I said the current gen ones are more than capable.