Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The cloth sets look vaguely interesting. The leather (which I'll be using) looks so plain and boring. It doesn't even look like leather armour. I get there's only so many ways you can make class themed armor but they could at least make it 1. look like the armour type it is (leather, cloth, etc) and 2. Make it a bit more interesting around the raid. I don't know much about Uldir but I do know it's to do with Titans and Old gods. Surely those two themes lend themselves to cool armour sets.

The leather set looks like something I'd expect a level 20 militia guard in westfall to wear that he made himself.

That all said, I appreciate it's something farrrrr better than anything I could create myself but considering some of the amazing sets they've made before, this falls far far below the standard they have set.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If you don't see the painfully obvious titan theme in the sets, I don't know how to help you.
    It isn't Titan themed armor at all. We've seen Titan themed armor many times and this looks nothing like it, it doesn't even look like the Titan armor from Nazmir questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Why would they waste time and resources on flashy new armour sets when a majority of the player base is running around in transmogged gear from pre wod?

I enjoy tier set designs but speaking from a strictly balance point of view.... I get it. Tier always locked up certain slots and made balancing problem...

That said... wth art team is uldir sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    To provide raid themed sets like they've said multiple times already?

Whether you believe they put up much effort in the raid sets, well...I like them personally. Raid themed sets are bound to look similar.
    They're making four armor appearances instead of twelve. You literally can't argue it's NOT less effort.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

There is too much armor already. Designing more is a waste of resources and a cause of unnecessary clutter.

Deleted
    Budget/time/content draught complains and balance. possibly the large portion of the community that plays for the first month or two of patches.

The excuse that we've got a thousand takes on class fantasy is true. But, they could of just added a armour model for the generic armour.
    I mean look at it this way before they had to make 12 armour sets in 3 colours one of which is somehow visually evolved, then they have to make up 36 set bonus.
    Now they just need to make 8 models slap some generic Azerite traits on that shit and thank the government for these chemicals they put in water to control violent impulses. Scream BIG MONEY while bouncing on ya boi's dick and pray to the alien overlord xenu that we all pay more attention to the narrative long enough to keep subbed for 6 months.

They probably saw the overwhelming amount of people transmog current raid sets into ones of the past and decided it was best to not spend so much time on them. This is just conjecture on my part, but perhaps it's mainly because of how this expansion has two separate questing experiences for both factions. Most content isn't shared, meaning they'll have to cut back on other areas in terms of art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Why would they waste time and resources on flashy new armour sets when a majority of the player base is running around in transmogged gear from pre wod?
    What kind of logic is this? If they release crappy sets, of course people are gonna use the old ones. If people really prefer mogging tiers where you can count pixels by hand instead of the new stuff, maybe it's time to review the newer sets' design, and not give up altogether like you'd seem to suggest they should do.

Lets be real. The PvP / PvE tier sets have been identical for a long time now. It really makes no difference they got rid of them. They haven't been separating them for awhile. As long as one of them looks good, I don't mind
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Bet they did it in a weekend as well.....
    azerite armor feels like they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Players calling the devs lazy is getting really old.

They've talked about this already. How many times can you create an armor set that fully represents a particular class? Eventually, they start looking pretty similar. I like the idea of armor sets themed around a raid's aesthetic. I've wanted this since the days of ZA and ZG where we had troll themed armor. I'm happy with all the Paladin themed armor I've got. Let's see what new ideas they come up with because, yes, they are trying something new even though you may not think so.
    The problem is that now everyone will look the same. DK, Warrior, and Paladin will all have the same armor since they are all plate. There isnt a Warrior plate set, paladin plate set, and DK plate set. They could still meet their vision of raid themed sets but make 3 plate sets themed on Uldir instead of just 1. THAT is why they are lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. If they didn't like designing set bonuses, fine, axe them and just make the tier sets stat stickers. Just give us back individualized tier designs, because if the Uldir sets are anything to judge by, they are going to bullshit every "tier" set from now on. This really does feel like another filler expansion so far, which is a shame. Oh well, at least the Void expansion will be leetsauce like Legion was.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

5+ Year Old Account
    "We got tired of doing class-themed sets, so we ask instead: what does Titanic plate look like, or Titanic leather?"

Why not... "What does a Titanic Warrior look like? What does a 'Blood God' Death Knight look like?"

Instead we got this:
    Kupo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelborne View Post
    I believe they said the team was tired of designing different takes of the same style of armor over and over again. I can kind of see where they are coming from. Having to design armor with the same themes over and over again can get kinda boring
    Except they are being paid to make what the players want them to. They arent being paid to not be bored doing their job. Hell 75% of the world's workers are bored by their job or dont like it. You just do it to make a living

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    In the past, with each new raid every class would get a set unique to them. You may have liked some and disliked others, but each one was designed with that class fantasy in mind. It was cool and gave you plenty to choose from. And other classes of the same armor type could get lookalikes if they wanted to spice things up.

Now I check the frontpage and see they've done away with this concept in favor of one armor set per armor type... Which results in... Four armor sets for each new raid. This wouldn't be acceptable even if these four armor sets were the pinnacle of brilliance in WoW armor design. But they're not even that. They all pretty much look the same and they look bland as fuck. I can't imagine that much effort went into this.

So what's the reason for cutting corners here? It seems like one more reason to not even bother with raids.
    I clicked this topic expecting that you created it. Thanks for not disappointing!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also sad that there aren't sets to get that I can instantly transmog over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    They've talked about this already. How many times can you create an armor set that fully represents a particular class?
    Forever as long u are getting payed for that, u talk like every tier was 'stunning and amazing', Tomb of Sargeras were literally Black Temple on hd, and there are many sh8t looking tiers like paladin t4 or some of MoP and so on
    And art exist since dawn of history, yet we see new things daily, so if they do want, they can do that forever (since that what does happen irl), they just - as usual - trying to do less to earn more (or same), Legion they did loads of content that half of player base couldn't see because legion was very alt enemy and half of legion stuff were class unique (and if u were stuck with one of the shittier campaign classes like priest, good luck)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes have near infinite sets they can use.

Some classes ran out of ideas a few expansions ago.

That's the main reason why.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Except they are being paid to make what the players want them to. They arent being paid to not be bored doing their job. Hell 75% of the world's workers are bored by their job or dont like it. You just do it to make a living
    more than 90% hate their jobs, 75% was the rate of ppl who willing to skip a raise if their boss just get f8cked (that is actual study, if u referring to it?)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power