Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This should be the meh sets of the expansion.

At least the warsomething plate set looks amazing.

Looks like generic crafted/dungeon gear

Not impressed at all

1) leather one is too busy, to the point of not being able to tell what the hell is going on there
    2) they look better in game, with assorted weapons
    3) male neanderthal is probably the worst model to showcase something on

Overall they're decent for an opening raid and stick to the titan theme. Personally i'm glad there aren't any neon signs, dead fish, toilet bowls, an entire ostrich worth of feathers on a single shoulder pad, 20 frosty skulls per square inch or dildo belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How did you get "mobile game lul" from shittier looking armor sets? Like where is the connection?
    Hyperboled comment but he's not that far from the truth: WoW is becoming more and more "simplified" over time. Talents, missions, guided quests, artifacts, tier sets, professions, gear and much more are extremely "one-click away", now more than ever. It feels like BfA is a toned-down version of Legion. These armor-based gear sets are yet another way to simplify the game: instead of one set per class we get one set per armor type. That's a huge change from the past 10+ years.

In the past expansion we had an artifact weapon for each spec (for every class) with a constant sense of progression. We had amazing halls, one for each class and each one themed to fit the class fantasy. We had decent/cool hall missions and followers with tons of quests/lore behind them. We had class quests/mounts. There was a lot of stuff to do on a daily basis. Sure, many things didn't come right when Legion was fresh-released but I would have expected to see most of that stuff in BfA. Not "the same" of course but at least a better version of it.

What did we get so far? No more class halls but a very basic ship for everyone, horrible missions with almost useless rewards, forgettable "champions", no more artifacts to discover/empower/skin, no gear tokens (that could be traded with your alts) and so on. On the opposite side, we now have a neck piece that falls behind every other gear piece (it's my second lowest iLevel item) and constantly blocks new azerite traits. It will get better later on but still... I feel almost zero sense of progression. We also got the famous Island Expeditions... But what's their purpose? Once you complete the weekly achievement they're basically useless: no experience, no reputation, no loot, no rewards, nothing. It's like fighting against a training dummy.

We're not even at the end of the first month and when I login I ask myself "ok... I don't know what to do now". Leveling 110-120 was nice but right now at 120 and iLevel 331 I am in the WQ/AP grind already. It shouldn't happen. Legion had a lot of stuff going on when you was a fresh 110. BfA does not. I miss that.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2018-09-03 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Basically, looking at it vertically, the gold colored row is the best looking one.
    Well yeah. Because it’s gold, silver, bronze and stone(?). Ie mythic, heroic, normal and participation trophy aka LFR.

The mythic cloth is quite good tbh. Overall I see why people aren’t happy though.

I do think people are forgetting that first raid is never tier and appaearance wise is always just recolours. In that way this is more than we normally get because the gear is unique. It’s a hard sell when they’ve gotten rid of class based tier sets though to go and do these quite plain sets.

Deleted
    It's pretty obvious why they decided to nix the class tier sets. WoW is an old game, and Overwatch is their most prominent franchise now. I guess it makes sense to re-allocate most of the art team to OW, from a business perspective. But these sets are pretty sad, really.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    It’s a hard sell when they’ve gotten rid of class based tier sets though to go and do these quite plain sets.
    Just like losing our Legion artifact and going back to wooden weapons. Our toons lost a LOT of power/coolness/customization and went back to poking boars with a stick. While I understand that a new expansion also means a new beginning... I feel like the transition was too savage. BfA offers a lot less than Legion when you hit 120: when you hit max level you immediately start grinding ap/wq's. Being 110 in Legion was like starting a new game. There was a ton of stuff going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    It's pretty obvious why they decided to nix the class tier sets. WoW is an old game, and Overwatch is their most prominent franchise now. I guess it makes sense to re-allocate most of the art team to OW, from a business perspective. But these sets are pretty sad, really.
    Do you have any source about this tactical re-allocation of internal resources? One thing is commenting about a tier set, another is speculating about things we don't know at all. Is Overwatch doing better than WoW? Is Blizzard resizing WoW's team? Do you have any official data in that sense?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    Do you have any source about this tactical re-allocation of internal resources? One thing is commenting about a tier set, another is speculating about things we don't know at all. Is Overwatch doing better than WoW? Is Blizzard resizing WoW's team? Do you have any official data in that sense?
    No, just speculation (which is what 99% of any game forum is, by the way). But do you seriously need any proof for this? WoW is 14 years old, and Overwatch also makes e-sport headlines. Which game would you prioritise, if you worked at Blizzard and got to decide? You also need some serious art muscle to keep coming up with more of those skins, and many people are willing to pay real money to get them. Can you provide any other logical reason for them to decide not to create class specific sets in WoW anymore?

As ugly as shit. All of them!

"Battle for Azeroth has done away with class based tier armor sets, so Uldir will have armor sets per armor type."
    I sure hope this is not the trend from now on, very lazy, very disappointing, collecting gear that was themed for your class was a huge part of the game for me. If this continues we'll never see elemental themed shaman gear, death themed death knight gear, arcane themed mage gear, demonic themed warlock gear etc. Why would Blizzard take such a huge step backwards? Turn around, before it's too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    "Battle for Azeroth has done away with class based tier armor sets, so Uldir will have armor sets per armor type."
    I sure hope this is not the trend from now on, very lazy, very disappointing, collecting gear that was themed for your class was a huge part of the game for me. If this continues we'll never see elemental themed shaman gear, death themed death knight gear, arcane themed mage gear, demonic themed warlock gear etc. Why would Blizzard take such a huge step backwards? Turn around, before it's too late!
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though I knew the sets were going to be bad when they changed it from class to armor type........i never expected them to be this bland and boring

We lost tier sets for these... FeelsBadMan

I feel like posting a forum comment that would be featured on Taliesin & Evitel, but I'm just to disappointed to even bother.

They look like blue dungeon tiers. Pathetic and lazy. Blizzard tried to justify this that now they can focus on making armor raid-themed, but they've always done it and managed to make unique armor for each class. Absolutely pathetic and lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Looks like generic crafted/dungeon gear

Not impressed at all
    More like questing greens

Horrible. And blizzs excuse is they can make more of/more unique sets without having to focus on class related tier. My ass. They just cut out 80% of their own work is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    No, just speculation (which is what 99% of any game forum is, by the way). But do you seriously need any proof for this? WoW is 14 years old, and Overwatch also makes e-sport headlines. Which game would you prioritise, if you worked at Blizzard and got to decide? You also need some serious art muscle to keep coming up with more of those skins, and many people are willing to pay real money to get them. Can you provide any other logical reason for them to decide not to create class specific sets in WoW anymore?
    The way you wrote your comment made me think you had some specific knowledge. If we want to speculate we can also say that WoW is dying (which is the exact opposite it seems, as BfA was the fastest-selling expansion ever). I think that Blizzard is simplifying the game way too much but that may happen for completely different reasons: maybe they want a new demographic (example: young players who are used to mobile games) and if that's the case they could not need to spend time/money on stuff that doesn't appeal the new generations. That's just a random thought of course.

I get what you mean and it may be true. Or not. I honestly doubt that we've lost the tier sets because OW sells more and Blizzard is moving away from WoW.
    Last edited by MrLoque; 2018-09-03 at 01:03 PM.

These sets must be the ugliest class sets I've seen within my 13 years of playing WoW. Wtf are you guys over at blizzard paying them concept artists for? Sipping tea and drinking coffee all day or what?