Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there any way to get Deep Sea Satin faster without going poor

I'm lvl 120 now, through all of my questing I've amassed a grand total of 20... They're expensive as hell on the AH. I wanna make bags and start selling them, but how am I supposed to do that when this required material is so scarce?

Is there any way to get them faster without spending all my gold?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'm lvl 120 now, through all of my questing I've amassed a grand total of 20... They're expensive as hell on the AH. I wanna make bags and start selling them, but how am I supposed to do that when this required material is so scarce?

uh. unless you already have the 32 slot bag pattern world drop (which is crazy expensive to make in explodim/other rare mat , I assume you are talking about the new 30 slot bags? You realize you wont make any money from them since the last two expansions tailor bag was 30 slot as well right?

I was wondering the same thing and about to start exploring my options for it. I doubt anyone is going to reveal how they are getting it, if they are finding it enmass somewhere. I got a lot of it through the scrapper fyi, and I hope that as I get more junk items through 5 mans WQ etc that the higher ilvl equals a higher chance at things like satin. Thankfully it also gives me other mats that I can sell off or trade for satin. I think this is the intended system. But I got 32 slot bags to make, yes I have the pattern, and two pieces of filler gear for pre-raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    uh. unless you already have the 32 slot bag pattern world drop (which is crazy expensive to make in explodim/other rare mat , I assume you are talking about the new 30 slot bags? You realize you wont make any money from them since the last two expansions tailor bag was 30 slot as well right?
    I have it. Got it on my first naga kill in Stormsong. However, making such bags at this point seems nigh impossible. I have only seen two of those 32 slot bags on the AH, one was 85k and one was twice that. So yeah, I was hoping to sell the 30 slot bags. But maybe it's easier to sell the Legion ones until the 32 slot bag becomes more viable to craft.

I just know I'm making a killing selling mats on the AH
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I just know I'm making a killing selling mats on the AH
    This, I was going to level my other play all the content alt next, but I'm going straight to my gather druid and rushing farming and selling it all. Outside some herbs for Alchemy. Mats are making a killing as per-usual start of expansion, but it seems even more so this time around with as much gold as we had coming out of Legion.

Tailors get more cloth. Cloth Scavenging definitely does affect cloth drops in BfA. You can also scrapping Cloth armor (recommend at least blue quality) which gets you tons of cloth. Highly recommend being a cloth class so you actually get cloth pieces. My best scrap ever was today, netting 9 Deep Sea Satin, 5 of the Embroidered variety, and an Expulsom.

As for your reason for bags:
    - 32 slot bags are very expensive. I highly recommend waiting for Rank 3 before making them.
    - 30 slot bags? No no no, do it the right way and do WoD crafting (or even Legion crafting). Do NOT craft those new 30 slot bags; that's a huge waste.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a place with mobs whose respawn rate is fast. I had done so until blizzard apparently slowed it down some

Use one of your level 110 alts. Turn exp off. Learn tailoring. Go to northrend-dalaran, learn the cloth scavaging trait.
    Then find a dense area of 15,000hp humanoid mobs in BFA and grind away for a few hours. For horde Vol'dun, I like the mine cart area west of Akunda, the northern battlezone, and the zone starting area.

Works even better if your alt is a cloth user, as you tend to get more cloth boe's that you can use to scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    Use one of your level 110 alts. Turn exp off. Learn tailoring. Go to northrend-dalaran, learn the cloth scavaging trait.
    Then find a dense area of 15,000hp humanoid mobs in BFA and grind away for a few hours. For horde Vol'dun, I like the mine cart area west of Akunda, the northern battlezone, and the zone starting area.

Works even better if your alt is a cloth user, as you tend to get more cloth boe's that you can use to scrap.
    What is the 'cloth scavaging trait'?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best luck I've had is using the scrapper
    its enabled my to make two cloaks and a bag in one evening.
    its helped loads having my alts just pick up all the greens etc things i dont need
    and scrapping the lot.

I have it. Got it on my first naga kill in Stormsong. However, making such bags at this point seems nigh impossible. I have only seen two of those 32 slot bags on the AH, one was 85k and one was twice that. So yeah, I was hoping to sell the 30 slot bags. But maybe it's easier to sell the Legion ones until the 32 slot bag becomes more viable to craft.
    The Legion one is worthless, IMO. Its more expensive to make than the WoD 30 slot by a mile and a half, particularly if you dont mind spending 30 minutes a month farming the giant wolves in Nagrand for work orders. You go back to your garrison 4 times a month to pick up giant mountains of fur, and then go to your tailor hut to turn them into cloth, and stop by your trading post to sell the 200+ bloods for 50g each.

I have enough of the mats lying around just from doing this once a month (and 3 more trips back for 5 minutes to pick up work orders) to make about 800 of the WoD 30 slotters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
    What is the 'cloth scavaging trait'?
    You get it from the Northrend Tailoring. It used to apply only to Northrend mobs (they lowered the cloth base drop rate, and then added the cloth scavenging thing to tailoring so tailors would get more cloth, basically as much as they used to, but non-tailors got about half as much).

They extended it to all other mobs in Cata. (Basically, they kept the lowered drop rate for all cloth, and tailors are the only ones that get Vanilla/TBC cloth drop rates).

If you look on your Professions tabs, its right there above Tailoring. "Cloth Scavenging" - 'You sometimes find additional cloth from humanoids'

Scrapping ilvl 325 azerite gear gives loads of deep sea satin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    The Legion one is worthless, IMO. Its more expensive to make than the WoD 30 slot by a mile and a half, particularly if you dont mind spending 30 minutes a month farming the giant wolves in Nagrand for work orders. You go back to your garrison 4 times a month to pick up giant mountains of fur, and then go to your tailor hut to turn them into cloth, and stop by your trading post to sell the 200+ bloods for 50g each.

I have enough of the mats lying around just from doing this once a month (and 3 more trips back for 5 minutes to pick up work orders) to make about 800 of the WoD 30 slotters.

- - - Updated - - -

You get it from the Northrend Tailoring. It used to apply only to Northrend mobs (they lowered the cloth base drop rate, and then added the cloth scavenging thing to tailoring so tailors would get more cloth, basically as much as they used to, but non-tailors got about half as much).

They extended it to all other mobs in Cata. (Basically, they kept the lowered drop rate for all cloth, and tailors are the only ones that get Vanilla/TBC cloth drop rates).

If you look on your Professions tabs, its right there above Tailoring. "Cloth Scavenging" - 'You sometimes find additional cloth from humanoids'
    Well, you must've been doing that for ten years then. I tried this, the tailoring hut doesn't give you that much Hexweave even with 36 work orders completed. I waited five days for everything to complete and all I got for my patience was enough materials to make maybe two or three bags. That is wayyyy too slow to be a decent money maker.

Well, you must've been doing that for ten years then. I tried this, the tailoring hut doesn't give you that much Hexweave even with 36 work orders completed. I waited five days for everything to complete and all I got for my patience was enough materials to make maybe two or three bags. That is wayyyy too slow to be a decent money maker.
    Ten years, no. Just monthly since about... six months into Legion. And that's just on my tailoring toon.

on the other (4 for most of Legion, 5 right at the very end when i blew my free 100 on a Priest) toons i just sold the cloth on the AH, as it was going for about 5-6g each.

40g each on my server.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    this ^^
    it really does work

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    this ^^
    it really does work
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post

Are we sure? It used to work. I tossed in a couple of azerite armors in the scrapper today as per normal and only got white cloth back. No Deep Sea Sating at all.

I don't even play a cloth wearer and I've gotten lots of Deep Sea Satin from scrapping cloaks from rando heroics and mythic 0.

That said, I bet if you were to go to youtube and search "cloth farming location BFA" you'd get results from some starving artist trying to start a patreon through youtube.

7+ Year Old Account

Just got these from opening a bounty cache.
    or or you could deconstruct greens and blues you dont need, or have you not used the scrap-o-matic?
    I made a pretty good amount of gold off it, bought all the super cheap crafted balcksmithing weapons and plate armor off Ah greens and blues under 200g, then scrapped them, monelite 1-3+explusum every so often and they were selling for 80 each so some i made profit just off the ore, not counting the expulsum
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content