Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mangareader View Post
    LFR is there for a reason
    LFR difficulty is going up, they said the walk in the park is over, LFR is there to fill up spot in your pugs or with your group of friends. lol, I hope it is true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Looks fine so far. I've watched Wildcard Gaming do the fight and while it's a bit chaotic at first they did manage to structure it fairly quickly. Most guilds will kill it on their second raid night on Heroic, no doubt.
    They took 4 hours to kill it, on heroic, for a top 12 world guild.

It's fine imo. The absolute hardest part of the fight is having 4-6 pro basketball players do the orbs asap. The sooner those orbs are slotted, the easier the encounter. P1 is entirely based on that speed, every1 else is simply staying alive for that gauntlet. P2, it will give a super burst window for the boss. G,Huun's other abilities feel rather standard for a raid boss. The usual, run away with a debuff and stack on players to remove a debuff and an extra face away from boss.

Simply put, the basketball mechanic is the only unique challenge for the boss in normal.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Give it some weeks. Can't wait for the threads saying that Uldir is a joke and G'hunn was too easy and that the game is dying/dead
    That'll be next week when Method no life it and kill it on mythic.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats no how it will end though

it will end with people ignoring normal and either unsubbing or mindlessly farming warfront rares for lucky tf proc of gear.

regardless - imo G'huun is just ery badly designed encounter - and it has nothing to do with how people want raid to be easy or hard . this is just case of bad design .
    How is challenge bad design?

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    LFR difficulty is going up, they said the walk in the park is over, LFR is there to fill up spot in your pugs or with your group of friends. lol, I hope it is true.
    oh wow - they are trully trying to kill wow .

they tired it 2 times already - both times it failed utterly and completly.

one fail after another - BfA is doomed since its lead by blizzards team B. they hsould fire those incompetent retards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    How is challenge bad design?
    you want chalenge ? go hc and mythic not mode that is clearly not for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anaphaze View Post
    Do you guys not understand who Normal difficulty is for? I don't understand this sentiment. I've seen normal g'huun compared to everyone from c'thun to lady vashj.

Normal is NOT meant for dedicated raiding groups. Normal is meant for PUGs and friends + family guilds.
    they perfecly understand it.

this is probably their retailation for not being able to abuse others with ML anymore. thats why they are being dicks on purpose speaking about difficulty that is not for them.

you want chalenge ? go hc and mythic not mode that is clearly not for you.
    I understand the dilemma but it's not unreasonable. Objectively speaking you guys are doing a 355 raid in 335 gear at very best for most of the people you are attempting to speak on behalf. It's meant to be progression for you as well as the rest of the HC and mythic raiders. Then if you're not even up for that, there's always waiting for LFR wings to release. Either way normal wasn't ever meant to be completely mindless, and sometimes gear is really the factor that you're missing. That's not bad design, that's smart design to keep your community interactive.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I actually agree with OP.

Normal-mode is in fact content designed for pugs (with no voice-chat) and so far all Raids since SOO flex have been fairly easy content. It does not make sense to make things suddenly a lot harder... especially since Blizzard didn't say that they're gonna change the raid System. I am fairly sure we're gonna see nerfs very soon.

Ofc no one is asking for normal to be braindead as LFR... but it also shouldn't be as hard as heroic where you do Need proper coordination and ideally a voice chat.
    Final boss of normal should be a stepping stone to first boss of heroic.

Final boss of heroic should be a stepping stone to the first boss of mythic.

Difficulty has always been intended to be steadily growing. Not just flatline at "ez" or "hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Fight is quite unforgiving, even on normal mode. I see a lot of complaining in the future over it, for the groups that manage to squeak by MOTHER and Mythrax. I suppose after xavius I was expecting a bit more of an easy road, but they cranked that difficulty dial quite a bit higher for an intro raid.
    In before they change their mind about it being an intro raid and it ends up being out for 7 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    In before they change their mind about it being an intro raid and it ends up being out for 7 months.
    Pretty sure it's gonna be out until at least Feb tbh. March and April aren't even out of the question. They don't have a nighthold from the beta waiting, and ToV was such a shit show I doubt they want to quick flip assets into a filler raid like that again.

The difficulty tuning and the raid specific azerite trait growing in power the longer it's out definitely points to it being a long haul raid.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    Just cause I guess this is the place to ask this:

Guides say you can use Reorigination Blast more than once during P2.

This night we definetly did not see this being possible, as no more cores spawned after the second Blast (6th core inserted).

Wrong information or can you actually cheat your way into two blasts in P2 by doing less damage?
    Also wondering about this. Saw on stream yesterday that the drive can be used twice in P2, but did not see orbs spawn after it was used once in our raid.

Does he need to be above a certain % HP for the orbs to keep spawning?

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    They took 4 hours to kill it, on heroic, for a top 12 world guild.
    I remember Heroic Archimonde being quite difficult for even the top guilds in WoD the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You need more than four teams to execute this fight. It takes what 1.5 sets of orbs to phase into 2. So 3 teams there with the debuff. And then 2 full sets minimum to reshape him later on. So another 4 teams because the first 3 still have the debuff.

Unless we had a bugged encounter, because literally everyone who touched that ball got the debuff, not just the initial picker up. Either way we were looking at teams of 2 minimum for this except for the warrior one. That's a minimum of 14 coordinated people just to phase him twice and they've got the debuff and can't do it again lol.

Buddy I killed him with 4 teams, not sure what else you want me to say. The debuff you get when interacting lasts 5 minutes, by the time the 4th team was done the debuff from the first group faded. In total you have to bring 6 orbs, so group 1 and 2 ran twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Fight is quite unforgiving, even on normal mode.
    Final bosses have been like that for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    First, wowwiki sucks ass. Wowpedia for the win. And then, even wiki is just written by fans, so it's not always 100% correct.

2nd G'huun is not a true Old God.

From the game itself:

It's an experiment accidently created from just one aspect of Old God's essence - it's basically just a manifestation of Old God's need to corrupt and destroy. He shares some "DNA", a big portion of it, with Old Gods, but he's much, much less then they are, in every other aspect.

Real Old Gods were created by the Void Lords (which G'huun wasn't), flung into space (which G'hunn wasn't), hoping they'd crashland on a planet with Titan World Soul, to corrupt it and create an ultimate servant for the Void Lords (which G'hunn doesn't do).
    G'huun as an embodiement of only one aspect of Old Gods, only spreads his underrot in an effort to destroy and decay whole world, and universe as a whole.
    What's more, he deals with necromancy/dead revival, which is something Old Gods/Void are quite afraid of.
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=49985/...o-gloom-hollow
    Here's a quest where they literally refer to him as an Old God.
    Mixed signals everywhere, yo :|

The debuff doesn't last as long with 10 people, conversely the debuff lasts longer in big groups.

G'huun is actually slightly harder with more people because the Gibbering Horror gets a lot more stacks and has more HP and damage, which is slightly but not entirely cancelled out by a bigger percentage of the raid having to do cores.

Killed him easily in a PUG, quite easy boss, what is your problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is probably their retailation for not being able to abuse others with ML anymore. thats why they are being dicks on purpose speaking about difficulty that is not for them.
    Bold words from someone who spent 300+ pages talking about content they’ve NOT done, and how that content should be made
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Killed him easily in a PUG, quite easy boss, what is your problem?
    Probably because "PUG" can mean anything from "bunch of randoms" to "hand picked people from various mythic level guilds, all with 350+ ilvl"? The latter being capable of killing a boss doesn't mean anything for the intended Normal crowd.

And it's all about ball tossing in normal. For the lowest organized difficulty level, it's surprisingly complex, fairly punishing and probably another mechanic that screws up very small raids. At very least, losing a ball shouldn't put a debuff - Normal is not a difficulty that should demand perfect execution and a single mistake can add two people to the rotation, which is quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    I understand the dilemma but it's not unreasonable. Objectively speaking you guys are doing a 355 raid in 335 gear at very best for most of the people you are attempting to speak on behalf. It's meant to be progression for you as well as the rest of the HC and mythic raiders. Then if you're not even up for that, there's always waiting for LFR wings to release. Either way normal wasn't ever meant to be completely mindless, and sometimes gear is really the factor that you're missing. That's not bad design, that's smart design to keep your community interactive.
    you are so mistaken . im speaking about puugs with people ranging in 345-350 itlv having huge problems in there.

you clearly didnt try bosses in there is you think that its about 335 people - 335 people will break on MOTHER.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty sure it's gonna be out until at least Feb tbh. March and April aren't even out of the question. They don't have a nighthold from the beta waiting, and ToV was such a shit show I doubt they want to quick flip assets into a filler raid like that again.

The difficulty tuning and the raid specific azerite trait growing in power the longer it's out definitely points to it being a long haul raid.
    this is my guess too.

it would make a lot of sense why they tunned mythic + and Uldir like this

we are likely once again looking at 2 tier expansion like WoD.