Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Boooohoooooo i cannot play the game because the rewards aren't big enough!

Deleted
    If you think 340 is the pinnacle of character progression you are obviously not an end game raider. Normal awards 355, HC is 370 and mythic 385.

My main is already 352 ilvl so getting 340 gear in any slot really doesnt mean anything to my character progression.

WQs like LFR is not for your character progression. Sure it helps to get through the gap to start dungeons. But it's mainly for the people who can't really commit time to gearing up. That way they get as geared as everyone else, but not as fast.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    *If you're Alliance.

If you're Horde, wait three-four more days.
    I'm quite sure there was horde in arathi also yesterday killing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    TBH: It's pretty horrible ilvl 370 gear. (If you mean the world boss drops)
    This. For most people the gear is rather garbage and barely an upgrade over current gear. The only thing it does is muddy the waters in the world of iLvl fixated puggers. Even then the drops from the warmachine are limited to like 3 to 4 pieces anyway, This is at best a small boost, nothing more.

Not to mention that raiding just started yesterday, so did m+, progression has just begun, everything until now was just preparation.

I just wish there was a way for them to make heroic dungeons worth doing for more than a world quest. Even if you're uber super duper casual, heroics become worthless in a few days. Maybe a week at most. Normals become worthless almost immediately :/ (maybe a day if you really stretch it out/have horrid luck?)

The easiest way would be a currency system of some kind. But they're unwilling to ever do that again for some fucking reason.

And zero armory link is given once more :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    And zero armory link is given once more :/
    Where is yours?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have to disagree tbh.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Deleted
    well OP is atleast right with normal dungeons beeing completly redundant -
    there is little to no point in doing them while leveling. each and every quest is linked to some reputation faction while dungeon content doesnt reward reputation at all. also you need those reputation faction not only for gear, but to actually unlock endgame content. Once you hit 120 there is no point in doing them either, as world quests etc. will gear you up much faster WHILE also giving you reputation at the same time.
    Since heroic dungeons aren't hard at all (melee hits harder than normal, but bossmechanics only start to ramp up in mythic0) you wont even need to do normal dungeons first to learn basic mechanics. Infact the mechanics are tuned so little that you wont even notice what bosses are doing before mythic0.

Doing heroic dungeons atleast has some value left as you need to do it + WQ to get enough ilvl for beeing accepted by pug mythic groups. The daily heroic rewards have been further reduced in comparison to legion and dont bother anyone anymore (150 Azerite? oh cmon..)

If you hate it so much.. Stop playing? No need to whine like a baby back bitch. It's not even a month into the game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Where is yours?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...rhood/Zigrifid here

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Agree with the OP that making mythic the mythic dungeon grind redundant after a few weeks was a silly design choice. Rare's should at least have dropped like 335 items or something trivially lower. If I had been in charge, I'd have made those rare's drop 325s, i.e. heroic dungeon level loot.

It's not like it's a huge deal, it's just bad game design. Anyone that can't see that is probably some fail that couldn't get mythic dungeons done, and is now internally basking in resentful satisfaction of those who could.
    How typical MMO-C can you get. Doesn't like a feature of the game? Its bad design. No doubt this person is a game developer at some important game studio that knows how to develop REAL games. Or maybe he is an idiot who likes to rage about things he doesn't know anything about because he doesn't like them. You better not disagree with him though, like all MMO-Champions, apart from spending 16 hours a day to grind gear so that he can grind some more gear, he is a better player than you. His vast experience in "world top 50 guilds" (translation: Normal PUG runner) means that if you disagree with him then you are a bad. You are so bad that you shouldn't even be reading his comment. You better not even try to join his Mythic guild (Normal mode PUG runs) as he will just slap you down.

How embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    If you think 340 is the pinnacle of character progression you are obviously not an end game raider. Normal awards 355, HC is 370 and mythic 385.

My main is already 352 ilvl so getting 340 gear in any slot really doesnt mean anything to my character progression.
    LFR Uldir is 340, and it's redundant before it even launched. You have to admit that that is going a bit too far.

Deleted
    340 is the new 325.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    *If you're Alliance.

If you're Horde, wait three-four more days.
    You can kill them as Horde just as fine, only the world boss and the portal is not available (hint: Don't complete the introduction quest, which flags you account wide. This way the portal master will always offer to teleport you to Arathi, for all alts. Not that the way from the dalaran crater would be far).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    LFR Uldir is 340, and it's redundant before it even launched. You have to admit that that is going a bit too far.
    It's not redundant for its intended audience - those who barely play but want to see the story. It's LFR, after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    Professions- I believe the profession system needs to be fully revamped in order for players to finally begin to earn gear. Each class should have their profession linked. So for example: Warriors can only be blacksmiths and can only farm ore. They can’t learn Herbalism or the crafting profession Tailoring and Leatherworking. As a blacksmith you can only make gear for yourself. You can’t trade or sell it to vendors or the auction house. The ore you can. The other Professions like cooking, fishing and archelogy is fine the way it is now. But now you get to learn an extra profession like engineering or Weapon smith where you can sell stuff in the auction house, trade and sell.

Professions should create gear according to the dungeon difficulty. Each difficulty you have to create a set gear with the item level that allows you to proceed on to the next level of difficulty. Every dungeon boss should always drop enough rewarding mats for you to create gear. So for example you need to create a set of 305 gear in order to do normal dungeons. Once you level the gear up by doing all dungeons and obtain the mats to craft your full 315 gear set to be eligible to do heroic. Then you do the same by crafting a full 325 to do mythic and so on. Make professions worth something.
    This by far has got to be one of the stupidest suggestions I've ever seen about the game. So what about inscription, alchemy, enchanting, and jewelcrafting? Not one of those is tied into a specific "class type". Hell banning everyone but clothies from being a tailor means less crafted bags being made. Seriously you're a freakin idiot with your suggestions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Apparenty my point just flew over your head. No problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    by that I assume you consider LFR a actual raid and not what it truely is?

The aim of LFR is for people who arn't really raiders but are interested in the story of the raid. It requires little to no skill to actual complete LFR and is purely a story telling medium like questlines.

Character development is gearing for difficult content, whether that be normal/HC/Mythic depending on your personal skill level and 340 gear does not meet the ilvl of what you can get from this content.

Under the principle of 340 LFR gear being redundant, I had passed that ilvl in week 1 of BFA. LFR gear is almost always redundant the moment you get it, the only chance you get ilvl upgrades there is titanforge.