Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't believe putting up an electric fence without reasons (aka cattle) is allowed here.

Other than that, I cannot see why this is news or discussion worthy. If he is allowed to put it up, and all it is is a normal electric fence that gives some small shock, who cares?

Deleted
    Go to the gym, build up your body and just stand there with a giant machete. Don't talk, don't make any moves. Stand there and stare at them. No kids will come close to your lawn anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Official Property Lines in cities can be weird. Those 18ft are likely literally directly in front of his house and are basically indistinguishable from the rest of his front yard. If you looked you’d assume it was part of the property. Only, technically it belongs to the city for them to use to pass through plumbing/cables/etc underground.
    I know, that's why I wrote "or he assumed that his property was bigger then it actually was".

The I didn't know that it wasn't mine excuse usually don't go well when you're dealing with a city/county/state about property.

Deleted
    At least he didn't he shot them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    How do you go from "slight shock" to land mines lmao
    Same way one goes from a fence to an electrified fence?

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    I actually don't see a problem with it other then that he put the fence a whole 18 ft outside his property line for some reason.

Either he was angry about kids littering outside his property and wanted kids to stay as far away as he could make them, or he assumed that his property was bigger then it actually was.
    The county found that the fence was on their right of way. This generally means that the property was his but the county has an easement on it to facilitate public access. He would still be responsible for the upkeep of it because it is his property. This means that he can be fined for not cleaning his property while being denied any way to prevent this from happening.

Where I live, 90% of formal housing has electric fencing. Dont see an issue with it at all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a great time to get out my wire cutters for the fence and hammer for the solar panel.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

"I understand his concern. I just don't think he understood the neighbors' concern about their kids. One of them could touch it and get shocked,"
    Amazing analysis.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Waiting for some sick bully to push other kids against the electric fence...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would charge my phone on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as his makes it very obvious the fence is electrified and painted to indicate with a sign saying so, then I say good for him.

Teens aren't taught the hard way to respect others anymore, I say the little fuckers should be given a cattle prod to put them in line.
    #boycottchina

Al long as they don't whiz on the electric fence, they'll be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    His land...if he doesn't have one, probably should put up a sign warning people of the electrified fence though just to cover his arse.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what a dipshit

That guy's getting flaming bags of shit on his doorway for the next 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Same way one goes from a fence to an electrified fence?
    I feel like its a much bigger jump to go to land mines, but okies.

why doesn't the jackass move then if it's such a problem.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly having a fence there is just asking for trouble I can imagine some of the older kids bullying or tricking the younger ones into touching the fence.
    I’d go out of my way to litter in his yard if he lived near me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I would charge my phone on it.
    100000 billion times this.

Some do the math of how devices it could charge and how much it will cost him on his power utility bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    The county found that the fence was on their right of way. This generally means that the property was his but the county has an easement on it to facilitate public access. He would still be responsible for the upkeep of it because it is his property. This means that he can be fined for not cleaning his property while being denied any way to prevent this from happening.
    Thats exactly right. What I would do as the property owner is bill the county for the cost of clean up, trampled lawn etc.. Maybe then they will move the school bus stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Honestly having a fence there is just asking for trouble I can imagine some of the older kids bullying or tricking the younger ones into touching the fence.
    I’d go out of my way to litter in his yard if he lived near me.
    The most short sighted issue is that kids can still throw the shit over the fence.