Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Vectis Encounter & small groups

I run a small group of friends, 11 were online on tuesdaty, and we did Taroc(1st try), MOTHER(3 wipes) and Fetid(1st try) just fine, and After 8-9 wipes on tuesday night, e gave up for the night. Last night we went there again, since our schedule is tue-wed around 2h per night. And after another 10 wipes, we gave up. Looks like the boss is broken. Our healers can't heal that many stacks. On the third time he goes to phase 2, everyone in our raid has 10+ stacks, and our healers OOM. And by my calculations we have to deal with around four phases 2.

Is this broken or what?

For the record, we gave up on him, and went to zek'voz and did it on 3rd try. But Vectis feels broken. Those 3 debuffs spreading on only 11 ppl is too much.
    Last edited by Loooolz.looolz; 2018-09-06 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    It's almost like you need to.. invite more people for that one encounter!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbreaker View Post
    It's almost like you need to.. invite more people for that one encounter!
    this is the solution for now. But not the solution we need. Flex raids should be doable with ANY size between 10 and 30. This is on blizzard to fix. You should not have to invite random people just to kill a boss when the raid is advertised to be doable on all sizes.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you calcutate 4 phase 2's, you have terrible dps.

Vectis was the one boss giving us a hard time, too. Seeme like the gear boss of this raid, since you have to just nuke him down before you get overwhelmed by the stacks. So either you have taken too long, or you have collected too many stacks in p2 (which can be quite hard to dodge for the first few tries).

Always a few bosses like that, that suck HARD at low raid size. Soak X shits, Y debuffs in raid... X and Y staying the same regardless of raid size.

Deleted
    Vectis is the dps and hps check of Uldir with infinitely ramping raid damage. You beat it by finishing the fight faster, i.e.: More gear and gitting gud.

Not even surprising anymore, it's like when they decided on 20 man they started thinking they don't need to care about normal/heroic scaling. also gl on ghuun

Like people have said, gear, dps and hps check of the raid. It seems to me that your group still needs either gear or find a way to optimize dps. Our guild downed him on Normal after 1 phase 2. On Heroic we killed him after 2 phase 2(around 10% HP left exiting the second phase 2).

You need a lot of boomkin, retri to get some moree mana.. if people dont soak circle bombs in phase 2,another add spawns. You need to burn add right after gestate cast. Every add cast gives healers hard time with heal absorb shield. We killed after having hard time
    (4wipes)

13 has always been the magic number with Flex, if you don't have a big roster to make it 20 which is pretty obvious what all raids have been tunned on since flex started then 13 is the cut over of when it gets easier to deal with fight dps/hps checks. Just pug a few people in if you below 13 and you will notice the difference one extra healer can make the difference on fights like this and the 3 extra people don't add that much hp to the boss in terms on dps increase needed to kill the boss

The mana buff of Holy priest was great in that fight, also the new healing cd was the key to beat him. And the extra stamina. Yeah, holy priests are great in that fight

I'm 100% with the OP on this, the people saying add more bodies, git gud or whatever just haven't experienced the fight with a smaller group.

10 players, 3 debuffs go out, stacking throughout the fight
    30 players, 3 debuffs go out, stacking throughout the fight

if you cant understand how that's a fundamentally broken encounter design issue then /shrug

If Blizzard said 'You need at least 15 people to do this content' then fair enough, they say 'You need at least 10 people'

We switched and did heroic instead of continuing to wipe on that boss, adding PUG's day 1 into a guild raid, that's just not going to work.

it's beta this will be fixed when the game goes live.

(live is 8.1 btw 8.0 is just unfinished untested content)

Vectis and Zul and G'huun were the bosses where my small PUG group had to get more people. I am pretty sure it's doable with small groups it's just way harder than it is with a bigger group. It's a DPS check fight so you need to make sure nobody is slacking or your healers will run out of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Loooolz.looolz View Post
    I run a small group of friends, 11 were online on tuesdaty, and we did Taroc(1st try), MOTHER(3 wipes) and Fetid(1st try) just fine, and After 8-9 wipes on tuesday night, e gave up for the night. Last night we went there again, since our schedule is tue-wed around 2h per night. And after another 10 wipes, we gave up. Looks like the boss is broken. Our healers can't heal that many stacks. On the third time he goes to phase 2, everyone in our raid has 10+ stacks, and our healers OOM. And by my calculations we have to deal with around four phases 2.

Is this broken or what?

For the record, we gave up on him, and went to zek'voz and did it on 3rd try. But Vectis feels broken. Those 3 debuffs spreading on only 11 ppl is too much.
    It is actually broken on 10m but, just so you are aware, the raid is intentionally harder on smaller raid sizes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to slow down that dot application interval on smaller groups.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

or have the number scale with players
    1 starting dot at 10players, add 1 dot every 10 players.

or the stacking debuff can gives +x% damage where x is the number of player/3 or whatever.(throwing random numbers) So it's a less of an impact with less player, but you get the dot more often.

Many different solutions to make it work with flexible size.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    or have the number scale with players
    1 starting dot at 10players, add 1 dot every 10 players.

or the stacking debuff can gives +x% damage where x is the number of player/3 or whatever.(throwing random numbers) So it's a less of an impact with less player, but you get the dot more often.

Many different solutions to make it work with flexible size.
    While I understand the thought behind your idea, that would simply make every raid have 19 or 29 people just to make the fight a little bit easier. It's also the reason they stopped changing things depending on raid size. Maybe increase the chance of getting multiple debuffs by 10% for each player, which would make it 0% at 10, 50% chance to get a 2nd debuff at 15, 100% at 20 and so on.

I had quite a nice pug yesterday, we got 4/8 rather fast with only 1-2 wipes on each boss until Vectis. We were 14 people and it really felt like with such an amount of people that it's tuned for Heroic and not normal... After long wipes (people were mostly polite and patient in the group! amazing!) we decided to call it... Not sure why we didn't try with 20 but it shouldn't be a requirement to make a fight feel like it's tuned for normal rather than heroic.

But yeah, it's one issue out of A LOT that bfa came with, game was really rushed out (by activision probably) and it could use some more months of polish and fixing certain design decisions.