Thread: PvP hotfix

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvP hotfix

Hey everyone,

We applied a hotfix earlier today that affected a number of specs in PvP, listed below. In a future hotfix, we're going to be addressing other over-performing specs such as Beast Mastery Hunters, Discipline Priests, and Arms Warriors.

Player vs Player
    -Healer specialization mana regeneration reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Mage - Arcane
    -Overpowered causes Arcane Power to increase damage by 40% when engaged in combat with enemy players, down from 60%.

-Mana Shield now drains 150% of damage taken as mana when damaged by enemy players and pets, up from 50%.

-Rune of Power increases spell damage by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players, down from 40%.

-Incanter's flow increases damage by up to 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players, down from 20%.

-Arcane Pressure (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

-Galvanizing Spark (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 25% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Mage - Frost
    -Glacial Spike damage reduced by 20% when attacking enemy players.

-Ray of Frost damage reduced by 15% when attacking enemy players.

-Concentrated Coolness (PvP Talent) increases Frozen Orb damage by 10%, down from 30%.

Monk - Windwalker
    -Meridian Strikes (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 60% when when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Rogue - Subtlety, Assassination
    -Sharpened Blades (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 65% when when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Rogue - Subtlety
    -Phantom Assassin (PvP Talent) increases critical strike chance by 10%, down from 35%.

-Shadowstrike damage reduced by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

-Eviscerate damage reduced by 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Rogue - Outlaw
    -Deadshot (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 45% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

-Turn the Tables (PvP Talent) increases damage by 10%, down from 15%.

-Dispatch damage reduced by 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

-Killing Spree damage reduced by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

-Between the Eyes damage reduced by 20% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Druid - Balance
    -Streaking Stars (Azerite Trait) damage reduced by 50% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    Rip RMP, if disc gets big nerfs they will probably fall off hard as well

Assassination is still insane, and sub is still really strong. Outlaw brings insane utility still too, so RMP is very much alive. Until they nerf the outlaw blind talent, there will still be easy kill pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Rip RMP, if disc gets big nerfs they will probably fall off hard as well
    disc is not getting big nerfs, sorry.
    theyre very very very weak in raiding pve, "just ok" in mythics and in Arenas they are still only best at setup-comps like RMP and Hunter/Feral
    only reason they'd "nerf disc" would be to cather to casuals in the open world who try to 1v1 gladiator discs with 50k more HP than they have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    Assassination is still insane, and sub is still really strong. Outlaw brings insane utility still too, so RMP is very much alive. Until they nerf the outlaw blind talent, there will still be easy kill pressure.
    that low-CD blind is pretty powerful, was wondering how I was getting blinded so much lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    theyre very very very weak in raiding pve, "just ok" in mythics and in Arenas they are still only best at setup-comps like RMP and Hunter/Feral
    only reason they'd "nerf disc" would be to cather to casuals in the open world who try to 1v1 gladiator discs with 50k more HP than they have
    You do realize they can nerf only their PvP and keep PvE the same, right? I foresee big PvP nerfs for them soon. Wars and BMs are on the list as well.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

RMx will always be R1 viable, the only thing these changes do is reduce the amount of fotm rerollers playing rmp.

I'm actually more worried about seeing so few locks and the state that the class is in without getting some changes is cause for concern.
    Last edited by wholol; 2018-09-06 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    You do realize they can nerf only their PvP and keep PvE the same, right? I foresee big PvP nerfs for them soon. Wars and BMs are on the list as well.
    haha, someone cant kite that basilisk

thanks for adding one more thing for the "list of QQs I laugh about"

OMG PLS NURF BOSILISKO I CANT KITE SOMETHING THAT RUNS AT 5% MY SPEED TOO MUCH DMG

Deleted
    or it is just stated in blizzard post ? "we're going to be addressing other over-performing specs such as Beast Mastery Hunters, Discipline Priests, and Arms Warriors."

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    RMx will always be R1 viable, the only thing these changes do is reduce the amount of fotm rerollers playing rmp.

I'm actually more worried about seeing so few locks and the state that the class is in without getting some changes is cause for concern.
    just played vs destro mage restosham at 2k rating a few hours ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    or it is just stated in blizzard post ? "we're going to be addressing other over-performing specs such as Beast Mastery Hunters, Discipline Priests, and Arms Warriors."
    you're expecting a 30% nerf on healing or something, it won't happen.

I bet what you might see is a focused will nerf (30% passive wall might be broken), but that wont change RMP at all.

Yeah , there are only 3 locks above 2k at this time, might as well have seen a unicorn. xD

3 locks out of 300 players, 1% class representation above 2k.

At 2.4k mmr and I haven't met any locks yet sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

you're expecting a 30% nerf on healing or something, it won't happen.

I bet what you might see is a focused will nerf (30% passive wall might be broken), but that wont change RMP at all.
    The healing output was NEVER the issue with disc. I forsee huge hits to their survival to bring them more in line with other healers, holy especially. Most other healers I can kill even when they are spamming themselves with heals in between my interrupts. Disc with 2 interrupters it can be difficult to make a sizable dent.

I did not expect those sub nerfs. They are huge. Essentially losing 25% crit on top of the eviscerate and shadowstrike nerfs. The outlaw nerfs I did expect and of course the azerite traits had to be fixed before the season starts.

On the bright side assassination is now a viable rogue spec? lol. Damn those nerfs were heavy handed.

OMG PLS NURF BOSILISKO I CANT KITE SOMETHING THAT RUNS AT 5% MY SPEED TOO MUCH DMG
    dude is salty af his disc priest is going to get nerfed, lol

I am surprised Dispatch was nerfed for Outlaw. Most Outlaw players were not using Deeper Strategem anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I did not expect those sub nerfs. They are huge. Essentially losing 25% crit on top of the eviscerate and shadowstrike nerfs. The outlaw nerfs I did expect and of course the azerite traits had to be fixed before the season starts.

On the bright side assassination is now a viable rogue spec? lol. Damn those nerfs were heavy handed.
    Yeah the Sub nerfs are a bit extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    True.

But most casual players can't connect the dots so they will not QQ about it till many months later.

10+ Year Old Account

haha, someone can't read.

thanks for adding one more thing for the "list of things you don't know how to read and make you look dumb on the internet"

Maybe actually READ what Blizz posted before trying to bash on someone who did?

"We applied a hotfix earlier today that affected a number of specs in PvP, listed below. In a future hotfix, we're going to be addressing other over-performing specs such as Beast Mastery Hunters, Discipline Priests, and Arms Warriors. "

Enjoy your nerf, basilisk toucher.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I wonder what they will be doing to Warriors, Since they can't nerf the mobility, survivability, sustain and cc since they dont have any It must be damage? Are people actually failing to kite warriors xD? I can understand if they nerf the azerite traits abit but overperforming is a huge exaggeration. Maybe they should focus on buffing the worst classes instead of kicking on warriors, this is the third nerf in a row now. and there aren't even that many warriors in the Top teams atm.

I know I'm playing disc myself and it just feels like blizzard will nerf them hard because of all crying not being able to kill them in open world pvp when its 3 random people trying to kill a disc with no ccs or anything, watching amazing players like hydra and cdew play disc priest you can even see them struggling to keep players alive compared to resto druids and resto shamans they face who have like 80% mana when the disc is already oom.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2018-09-07 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    I wonder what they will be doing to Warriors, Since they can't nerf the mobility, survivability, sustain and cc since they dont have any It must be damage? Are people actually failing to kite warriors xD? I can understand if they nerf the azerite traits abit but overperforming is a huge exaggeration. Maybe they should focus on buffing the worst classes instead of kicking on warriors, this is the third nerf in a row now. and there aren't even that many warriors in the Top teams atm.
    They could nerf deep wounds about 66% since it's broken by the 1000% buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganondorn View Post
    They could nerf deep wounds about 66% since it's broken by the 1000% buff
    I mean Deep wounds are 6 seconds duration and ticks for 2k are you sure you're thinking about the right ability? xD But sure they can remove that mastery and give warriors something more fun! Its a rather dull mastery feature anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Healer specialization mana regeneration reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
    This was hilarious. Healers are running the entire length of Warsong with 3-4 DPS on their ass right now, no issues. Plenty of mana, and healing/absorb effectiveness is through the roof. If you see a healer flag carrier it's completely pointless to attack them without half the team there.

90% healing nerf please, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    Well, there you have the nerfs for warrior. Of course its damage. Not sure what we even bring to the table now, because as you have already mentioned, at all the other things, we suck. Not that i liked the state of Arms pvp before this nerf, but now we didn't even get any compensation. That Arms falls dead over without a constant pocket healer doesn't concern them in any way, shape or form. And the only thing that was keeping us alive at the moment was our pressure through damage. PvP in this addon so far is indeed "awesome".