Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Everyone Agrees that Azerite System is a Failure

Currently the Azerite system is an absolute shitfest. There is no fun with the system, and there is no balance in the system.

At the moment you have to:
    - Hope you receive a half decent trait from the current raid tier
    or
    - Hope you receive a half decent or BiS trait from the Mythic+ weekly chest. Which can sometimes give no azerite item at all, (1-3 items)

There is one best trait for every class atm, leaving the rest of the traits with the same feeling as the legendaries in Legion.

Most people can agree that farming for a golden dragon item was fun, but not in the way legion introduced it. With one or two legendaries performing miles and MILES ahead of the other legendaries, and capping it at mostly "one" legendary per week, time gating the farming of the item completely. So you could feel useless all the time until you received your best in slot legendary weeks upon weeks into the expansion, with then no desire to farm for more legendaries because why would you when the rest of them are shit?

Azerite Traits have the chance to bring us the best of both worlds by combining the feeling of hunting a golden dragon item, and getting that "aww yiss" feeling when you receive it. But they simply fucked it up harder than anyone could fuck something up.

What can we do to fix the azerite system into something that lets you have the "aww yiss" feeling, but still lets you farm for it?

There is an easy fix, at least in my own opinion.

First:
    - Rebalance the traits so they are closer to each other, instead of this 1500 DPS vs 500 DPS trait shit.

This would bring traits closer to each other, and make more fun and interesting traits to be used, like the cooldown reduction traits, or ability augmenting traits. (Instead of stacking Thunderous Boring Blast)

Second:
    - Randomize the traits on the Azerite Pieces, and remove the innate traits on the items.

This would randomize the different traits you received on an item. In both the T3, T2 and T1 row. Before you crucify me, listen to my third point.

Third:
    - Let the Azerite Pieces be farmable in Mythic+ so you can actually receive an item that you want. Let the items drop in all dungeons, so you can simply do the dungeon you want, instead of the dungeon you have to.

Every time you received an item in mythic+ there's a 33% chance it's an azerite piece instead. Letting you easily farm dungeons for an azerite trait that you like in the first row of traits, the major damage boosting traits.

Then also adding incentive to keep farming mythic+ if you want that cool perfect azerite piece with both the T1 trait you want, and the T2 & T3. The T2 and T3 traits don't matter much, but it would feel SO much better if you could actually chose the combination of traits you wanted, instead of being given three combinations of undesired traits.

All in all, this would give you a higher access to the azerite traits YOU wanted, instead of what they want to give you. Because currently it's all a VERY low chance of receiving a high item level azerite piece at all, because bosses only have a 20% chance to give you loot in raids, and 33% chance to be an azerite piece. Secondly you have to wait on the Mythic+ chest every week which have a chance of shafting you and giving you 1 item only, that can be everything else but an azerite piece.

I'm curious to what you guys think about this, and what would you do to fix the current Azerite item system? So we have something to chase like the "Golden Dragon" item in Legion, but less RNG fuckfest.

EDIT 1: Title should have said current azerite system, not its entirety. If you're going to reply, leave a reply that is actually worth reading instead of "no thx k bye".
    Last edited by mmoc0e0bd4f677; 2018-09-07 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont agree so not everyone , while i do agree that most ppl is a whiner

10+ Year Old Account
    It's significantly better than legiondaries. I find the system to be fine really, I have sets for all three of my specs and all of the traits are within the top 5.

Clickbait title though. I shouldn't have even responded.

I like it better than the system we had before (locked into 1 specc the entire expansion). I can switch specc at will and relocate the traits. I personally think this system can be kept and further improved in the next expansion. Keep it up.

Not everyone agree it is a failure!

But they are going to reach that point by next month when the realize that Azerite is not a true progression system in line with a MMORPG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's significantly better than legiondaries. I find the system to be fine really, I have sets for all three of my specs and all of the traits are within the top 5.

Clickbait title though. I shouldn't have even responded.
    How is the current system fine? You're stuck at 340 item level for all your azerite items, desperately hoping that your weekly or raid items become an azerite piece you want. You could apply the same logic of "I have the items that are top 5, so I'm content" to legendaries from legion.

More likely your comment is a bait, considering you reply only to criticize the post, with no opinions given on how to improve on the system. When it is so SO far from anything acceptable.

I disagree the system is just fine and way better then any system from legion. But I Do agree that everyone thinks this is another whiney thread.

As much as I don’t want to admit it, the system is flawed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am extremely indifferent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I like it better than the system we had before (locked into 1 specc the entire expansion). I can switch specc at will and relocate the traits. I personally think this system can be kept and further improved in the next expansion. Keep it up.
    That is my exact point with the post. It is a massive improvement on the legendary system, but it lacks the desire to farm anything, because you can't, and you are simply left with the "hope" of being given something half decent in your mythic+ chest. Which is so far from what an item farming MMORPG is about.

I disagree, so not everyone. I think this is an improvement over the weapon and actually opens up way more doors to experimentation and improvement over the duration of the expansion.

Most of the complaints seems to boil down to "the traits aren't really that good," which is true of many of them. You suggest they "balance" them to be all really close in power, but then why would you care what traits show up on any one piece? The variety is what makes certain pieces more appealing than others. On top of that, take a second and consider that we have 2 years of adding more traits ahead. Of course the first ones are going to be a little "meh," otherwise how would they add ever more appealing ones later?

And randomized traits sounds like an utter nightmare. Don't you remember farming up relics? Take that and multiply the pain by 3 or 4 because you need to have that many random rolls work out to get a good piece. At least if they're deterministic, you can target something that is definitely going to be good for you.

As far as your suggestion of making them farmable in Mythic+, can you imagine the purgatory you would end up in if that was combined with random traits? You could loot a piece a dozen times and still not have what you want...

I disagree. Now change your title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    I disagree the system is just fine and way better then any system from legion. But I Do agree that everyone thinks this is another whiney thread.
    Thanks for the constructive criticism, i appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juda View Post
    I disagree. Now change your title.
    Thanks for your helpful and insightful disagreement, totally can see what you like and dislike about the current system with your insightful post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    Second:
    - Randomize the traits on the Azerite Pieces, and remove the innate traits on the items.
    I agree with this idea. I thought it was a really fun mechanic to open up your new azerite gear you to see what traits it rolled.

Then I found out they're all just built in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I agree with this idea. I thought it was a really fun mechanic to open up your new azerite gear you to see what traits it rolled.

Then I found out they're all just built in.
    Exactly. It would bring so much suspense, and actual enjoyment of hunting items in mythic+ which is what this game desperately needs with it's time gate, upon time gate systems.

i think the current iteration wasn't thought out well but it certainly can be better than legion artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    Thanks for the constructive criticism, i appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your helpful and insightful disagreement, totally can see what you like and dislike about the current system with your insightful post.
    I agree with him. Whine thread...you also call it an absolute shitfest, someone says they like the system and it should be kept, to which you respond "That's my point"...you make absolutely no sense.

No, it's not a case of "everyone agrees".

Some people agree, others (and they're far less likely to make themselves heard) don't agree.
    I for one see positives and negatives with the system. It has potential, it's not perfect. I'd still 100% rather have it over the Legion Legendary system.

I disagree with your statement.

Guess your title is bogus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I agree with him. Whine thread...you also call it an absolute shitfest, someone says they like the system and it should be kept, to which you respond "That's my point"...you make absolutely no sense.
    Except "I like the system" is simply an opinion to disagree with the post. In it's objective entirety of massively unbalanced traits, and no farmability, the azerite trait system is flawed. This post is about how to improve upon the system, not a post of who agrees the system in it's entirety is fine how it is.

You can improve on any system, and this system can definitely be improved on. You make no sense, by replying as a defender of a current poster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    I disagree with your statement.

Guess your title is bogus.
    The title could have been phrased better. I did not mean Azerite system in it's entirety, i meant the current execution of it. With massively unbalanced traits, and boring time gating behind receiving any at all.