Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    Either a bug or the tank is loosing aggro on the mobs since he is running from the pack mobs and the dps is aoe-ing them down and getting aggro more and more
    No I had the same thing happen. I had solid agro on the whole pack as prot warrior, jumped out to reset stacks, and the honor guards or something (the smaller melee dudes from the priestess side that jump on people) would just start meleeing people randomly long after their jump thingy if I was too far away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    But quaking will always do damage (putting stress on the healer) and interrupt casts (putting stress on all casters), while sanguine and volcanic can be completely avoided.
    The damage done from quaking is nowhere near stressful. The damage is nearly negligible. And having to interrupt a cast every once in a while is more of an annoyance in the same aspect as having to constantly position yourself and mobs from standing on sanguine puddles or interrupting a cast to move from a volcanic. All 3 of these affixes are based off the same concept and are no doubt the easiest 3.

My thoughts on mythic + affixes: i dislike them in general.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of mobs that have abilities with a cast time, coupled with an insane amount of trash and/or small corridors make sanguine a much bigger pain in the ass than it used to be.

Throw in the fact that a lot of things that SHOULD line of sight you, don't and unless you have grips/knockbacks, means you're going to get some headaches.

What's the worst thing you guys have seen with sanguine so far? For me, it's coating the entire hallway before Raal in Waycrest with it cause maggots.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    The damage done from quaking is nowhere near stressful. The damage is nearly negligible. And having to interrupt a cast every once in a while is more of an annoyance in the same aspect as having to constantly position yourself and mobs from standing on sanguine puddles or interrupting a cast to move from a volcanic. All 3 of these affixes are based off the same concept and are no doubt the easiest 3.
    Quaking does 20% of the players health in damage. Obviously it is irrelevant if this is the only source of damage, but in non trivial content there is much damage. And additionally a healer also has to interrupt his healing before the quaking hits, so when someone is low, or there is a high aoe damage phase, the healer has to decide if he wants to risk it being interrupted or letting a player die. In explosive for example the healer could just keep standing (if he is above 50% health) and continue healing.
    So claiming quaking is the same as explosive or volcanic is only true if you are a melee.
    I can also claim Skittish is by far the easiest, as it does nothing if the players do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I was doing Atal'Dazar for my 10 key this week and I've found something super fucking annoying with necrotic. When the tank is out of range the mobs will just attack whoever is in range (ie melee) with their big nuke attack. Not sure if this is intended but it seems to punish melee pretty heavily on necrotic weeks.
    It's always been the case that mobs will attack people in range if they are rooted and their primary target is out of range.

There are some mobs in some dungeons that specifically break this rule with special attacks though, although I haven't noticed it in Atal'Dazar. The big one is Berserkers in King's Rest; that ridiculous bleed is always applied to the closest target if the tank isn't in range, and it does a ridiculous amount of damage.

Sanguine needs a nerf in some dungeons, specially Waycrest Manor. Not really the dmg, but more the size of the pools and they need to disappear instant when all mobs is dead. I did a +4 WM last night, and it was not fun because of Sanguine. Me and some other dude was stucked behind the grp, because the Hallway was literally blocked with 3 or 4 pools of Sanguine, no way to move around it or anything, and if we tried to move through it we would probably die. So we had to wait 15-20 sec to get the pools to despawn before we could get to rest of the grp.

Also as a range player that dungeon feels really claustrophobic, specially if you have to move with tanks/melee all the time. Having nameplates all over the fucking place, camera angles that fucks you up when you stand up against a wall etc. I know Sanguine is probably one of the easiest mechanics, but it just dont feel right in dungeons where you have no room to move around. It also felt like tank only could move forward and end up pulling more trash, because mobs would heal if he dragged them back because the Sanguine pools is way too big

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    My thoughts on mythic + affixes: i dislike them in general.
    They give more flavor to m+, good thing they introduce them cuz +% for each + mythic is pure booooooring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie really not enjoying these dungeons in M+

The amount of retarded ass casts that the mobs do means you are basically forced to have a purge due to not being able to intterupt everything, the complete lack of tank agency (at least for brewmaster monk) line of sight barely works, the tight corridors, shit gets pulled through walls all the time and mobs "running away in fear" is extremely tilting. Sometimes I feel like we should switch players out for every key because certain dungeons slow down to a snails pace without x class, but I just want to run all my dungeons with the same 4 people like we could in Legion.

I have no problem getting my keys done in time, but that doesn't make them fun to do. At least we have more stuff to do then last week but I'm definetely just doing 1 key per week after I fill up on 370 gear next reset.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    They give more flavor to m+, good thing they introduce them cuz +% for each + mythic is pure booooooring.
    I guess i just dislike the combination of affixes and timeruns. Well, i absolutely despise timeruns in general. I want tactical gameplay. "Do the same thing but faster lol" is not tactical. Affixes without the timerun component would be pretty cool, but coupled with the already existing stress of being under time, i just don't like it.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2018-09-07 at 10:40 AM.

I guess i just like the combination of affixes and timeruns. Well, i absolutely despise timeruns in general. I want tactical gameplay. "Do the same thing but faster lol" is not tactical. Affixes without the timerun component would be pretty cool, but coupled with the already existing stress of being under time, i just don't like it.
    Well the game is a challenge , it's do your best in any circumstance and strive to do better each time and better than other players < that's my vision when i'm playing my class. Blizz can't please every player in their game.

Deleted
    I guess i just like the combination of affixes and timeruns. Well, i absolutely despise timeruns in general. I want tactical gameplay. "Do the same thing but faster lol" is not tactical. Affixes without the timerun component would be pretty cool, but coupled with the already existing stress of being under time, i just don't like it.
    Without a timer you could just TW every trash pack and go afk until its rdy again. That would so dull imo.

OT: obv sanguine is tougher than in legion, but that is a good thing. Hopefully affixes are more balanced overall. This week slow and knockbacks are key, next enrage dispel could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Without a timer you could just TW every trash pack and go afk until its rdy again. That would so dull imo.

OT: obv sanguine is tougher than in legion, but that is a good thing. Hopefully affixes are more balanced overall. This week slow and knockbacks are key, next enrage dispel could be.
    How is the bfa sanguine more stronk than the legion one? haven't done m+ yet.. gonna start tonight and the weekend. Did they change the size of it or it's just the environment ( small example the Manor dungeon ) ?

Sanguine is the easiest of all affixes, in my opinion. It's just a matter of putting some thought on your pulls and understanding that rangeds don't move unless tank is out of range or out of sight, casters only move after interrupting, bla bla bla, regular tanking stuff.

That said, on corridor dungeons like Tal Dagor or Waycrest Manor, pull back to bigger rooms to avoid having multiple puddles on minimal spaces.

Finally, Blood DKs are kings with grips, but many other classes have displacement tools that can be used. I love my ring of peace as a BrM \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Classes with knockbacks like Typhoon can help out the tank at moving them out. In terms of damage taken you'd probably find it a lot easier with fewer or no melee.

People fail to realize progressing in m+ when you are not overgearing the level almost always comes down to group comp.

Why would the person with the key want to take two melee in an instance with tight space running sanguine? Not to mention no one but the DK with some kind of knockback/pull. This group failed as soon as it was created.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want tactical gameplay. "Do the same thing but faster lol" is not tactical.
    But it is. You need to develop a strategy (or use an existing one) to beat the trash and bosses to hit the time limit. You also need to plan what mobs to kill, what mobs to skip, and how. It is tactical.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have a DK or other people with good displacement tools, the tank has to think about positioning before the mobs die. I try to isolate the one dying soon, so the others don't stand in stuff... Mostly works out. Granted there is little space in Manor, but you have to think about future pulls and pull the packs a bit. It may be annoying but it's an affix you can work around pretty well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    If you don't have a DK or other people with good displacement tools, the tank has to think about positioning before the mobs die. I try to isolate the one dying soon, so the others don't stand in stuff... Mostly works out. Granted there is little space in Manor, but you have to think about future pulls and pull the packs a bit. It may be annoying but it's an affix you can work around pretty well.
    Then you add Necrotic which means you need to do something else with the same element of the run (mob positioning), and it fucks you up pretty bad if you don't have a comp that can perfectly control mobs positioning (bumps / grips / roots).
    The layout of a lot of BfA dungeons makes this even more egregious, with tight ass rooms / corridors packed chokeful of mobs / flees when dying meaning you don't have a lot of leeway to position yourself.

It's not something that's unbeatable, but it's a lot worse than it was during Legion because the dungeons felt way less cramped overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, nice, the mobs in the gauntlet in Sethraliss apply necrotic.

And they melee hit from over 10 yards away

great.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.