Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You make an account last month just for special posts like this? Shoo.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    I loved Legion from start to end. I dislike BFA from the beginning. I've only done 5 bosses on heroic, but the raid is nothing impressive either. It is only the first one though, but mechanically, the fights are all relatively basic. Par for an opening raid, I guess.
    Yeah it's pretty standard in every regard. Even the people whining about it are pretty standard, they've just burnt themselves out at launch.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Koffeekush View Post

The game is not meant to be super hardcore anymore but people still treat it that way.
    This, and it's not in their best interest to create a "NEVER LOG OUT, ALWAYS PROGRESS" game in 2018. They'd get all sorts of backlash about safety and whatnot. Hell, China's thinking of limiting people's screen time!

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Bfa is better than Legion but worse than wod.
    Big if true.

I was excited for BFA, and I'm typically one to defend WoW during Alpha/Beta phases.

I really, really enjoyed Legion.

With the launch of BFA, however, I'm rapidly becoming disappointed with this expansion. I'm losing interest more and more each week, and even with the release of the raid and the Warfronts, I'm still going downhill. I give it another month or two and, well... I dunno. The only other expansion I felt this way about was WoD, but honestly, it didn't come until much, much later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bfa is better than Legion but worse than wod.
    Explain why it is better than Legion.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarnen View Post
    It's Legion 0.5 !
    no its wod 0.45 BUT without lucrativ gold missions and with even less content....

I like how people compare Class Campaign and War Campaign. Bunch of idiots that didn't even play at start of Legion. You literally got weapon and opened class hall after start. After that every two weeks you got 2-3 quest that took 15min. Class Campaign had no content whatsover.

People whining about Azerite Power have never done Artifact Power before heavy Artifact Knowledge buffs. I do remember having 12million requirements with rewards in range of 300-3000. Any half decent guild had requirements of three big traits before first raid, which was insane amount of grind. Do any of you remember that it was impossible to reach minimum mythic raid requirements for two specs on same character?

You probably dont remember the half of backlash that was legendary items. Everyone hated them. I don't remember a single person/streamer/community member saying anything positive about Legendaries before like 7.2. There wasn't a single thing in history of WoW that was hated so heavily by community (Alliance currently likes Sylvanas more than WoW community liked legendaries in the beginning of Legion).

World Quest rewards barely changed, the quests are more dynamic and interesting. The mobs in the zones even changes based on the WQs.

A lot of people really liked story line and they somehow don't remember what they actually liked about it and how it worked. I would guess they have done it way later after the start. In the start it was both time and rep gated. As well as there was two dungeons that were Suramar story gated which means you had not only farm rep but wait for them to unlock. AND Suramar world quests were gated behind story lines which means you would only get WQs in Suramar zones when you completed quest lines in there.
    Suramar story was great but it was not any sort of end-game content. It was just interesting casual story with a decent Scenario mission that you could do every 3 days.

tldr: Legion start was even more gated than BFA with unreasonable requirements. Even playing multiple specs was not viable until they heavily increased effects of Artifact Knowledge. There wasn't a single person that liked Legendaries before 7.2.

Early BFA end-game consists of a little bit of Warfronts/Island Expeditions for weekly reward, Arenas, RBG, Raids and Mythic+.
    Early Legion end-game was spamming M+, short story line once a week and doing Raids. (there was no incentive to do any PvP).
    Last edited by Lenis; 2018-09-10 at 04:21 AM.

BFA is a worse Legion. Especially when you compare Azerite Gear to Artifacts.

Azerite Gear: RNG nonsense for traits.
    Artifact Weapons: A fixed skill tree but you can progress however you want .

Azerite Gear: No artifact power in treasure chests in the open world.
    Artifact Weapons: Artifact power can be found in chests all over the open world.

Azerite Gear: Only lowers the cap on a weekly basis for how much azerite it takes to get to the next level.
    Artifact Weapons: Researching through artifact knowledge increases how much each one gives you.

Azerite Gear: Traits that are Passives or Procs.
    Artifact Weapons: Actually has Actives that are rewarding.

Azerite Gear: Only rewards from world quests are more azerite to boost ilvl and unlock traits.
    Artifact Weapons: Relics from world quests that can boost not only ilvl and unlock traits, but can also empower specific existing traits.

Azerite Gear: The gear is not part of the mythology or have stories of it and is about as important as that blue you found off a rare.
    Artifact Weapons: Legendary and storied weapons from famous people in the lore.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    How can anyone think that Warlords was better than anything?

"Hey... you remember this really dope-assed motherfucker that we built up over the course of the first few patches? SAY GOODBYE TO HIM HELLO TO BUUUUUUUUUUUUURNING LEEEEEEEEEEEEEGIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'd love to know what patch has ever given 6 zones and 10 levels, just to give some examples.
    The BFA patch, obviously.

Seriously though, use your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Battle for Azeroth is simply Battle for Azeroth. That's it.
    That is about as 'Not seeing the forest for the trees' as you can get.

In terms of content that remains relevant at the endgame, which.. Y'know. That's what the OP was talking about. That's what they mentioned.. In terms of that endgame content, what does BfA do better than Legion?

-There's no Suramar zone equivalent. A max-level zone with varied activities, that provides at least a bit of a challenge for the entirity of the first two patches.
    -The post-120 storyline is incredibly short.
    -The world quests are relevant for about a week, if you're gunning for gear, or three weeks if you're doing a rep grind.
    -Azerite Power is almost objectively worse than Artifact Power. It....
    ---a.) Makes upgrades downgrades
    ---b.) Has 'dead levels' where you gain nothing but a couple stat points on your neck
    ---c.) Has a catchup mechanic that feels awful, because you're only ever making incremental progress towards the next step.
    ---d.) Has almost no mechanics that alter your rotation. There are so few Azerite Powers that change the way you play, I could all but count them on one hand.
    -Classes have been simplified, and more importantly slowed down, to a ridiculous extent. Playing a melee class, you're looking at spending around 50% of your time pressing no buttons. Waiting for cooldowns or resources to come back up.
    -The removal of legendaries means the motivator to run content that isn't a guaranteed upgrade is all but gone.
    -The removal of legendaries means every single player of a given spec is playing the exact same way, from 8.0 to 8.5.1
    -The mission table is useful only for speeding up your rep grinds. Once you have whatever shiny you've been pursuing from that, it is instantly obsolete
    -Island expeditions are... At present, at least, incredibly unrewarding. This one isn't even a step back from Legion, this is a step back from MoP. I long for the Scenarios I could queue for in Pandaria. At least they gave me rewards. At least they weren't all nearly identical.
    Last edited by SirKickBan; 2018-09-10 at 04:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    They need to come out swinging next expansion. Let BFA rot for a good year after the last patch if need be.

All that said, the Azshara patch has potential. And if they do more warfronts I hope they're listening to feedback now after ignoring it on beta.
    This thread is full of humor. Let it rot! just like every other expansion's last patch! xD

The irrational hate these kids throw around... stop forcing yourselves to play something you hate. Stop being addicts! Have the courage to turn away.

BfA is good. The problem is you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Explain why it is better than Legion.
    No legendary items RNG BS
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion was huuuuge when it comes to content. BFA just builds on that ( AP,WQ,M+) and brings just visual changes and new story.

No legendary items RNG BS
    And this...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah agree it's a bit worse version of Legion. That was my opinion during beta and still is.

bfa is just an expansion of legion with mission nerfed to the ground with azerite system that is meh

if it was not for my guild in which i am since vanilla, i would already quit the game, i really think bfa will the worst expansion ever of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    BFA is a worse Legion. Especially when you compare Azerite Gear to Artifacts.

Azerite Gear: RNG nonsense for traits.
    Artifact Weapons: A fixed skill tree but you can progress however you want .
    They aren't RNG. You can look up any piece of gear on wowhead right now and it will tell you what traits it offers for what classes.

Azerite Gear: No artifact power in treasure chests in the open world.
    Artifact Weapons: Artifact power can be found in chests all over the open world.
    Yeah I'm sure those 30 AP tokens really made a massive difference in the first few weeks.

Azerite Gear: Only lowers the cap on a weekly basis for how much azerite it takes to get to the next level.
    Artifact Weapons: Researching through artifact knowledge increases how much each one gives you.
    It is literally the same thing only instead of applying a positive multiplier to the AP items they add a negative multiplier to the AP requirement.

Azerite Gear: Traits that are Passives or Procs.
    Artifact Weapons: Actually has Actives that are rewarding.
    You really need more buttons? Disc Priest doesn't.

Azerite Gear: Only rewards from world quests are more azerite to boost ilvl and unlock traits.
    Artifact Weapons: Relics from world quests that can boost not only ilvl and unlock traits, but can also empower specific existing traits.
    Azerite gear is intended to fill the role of both toned down legendaries and artifact traits. Remember when Blizz said in hindsight they made legendaries too strong and should have focused on passive buffs and utility? Well the first 3 tiers of traits are their attempt at that.

Azerite Gear: The gear is not part of the mythology or have stories of it and is about as important as that blue you found off a rare.
    Artifact Weapons: Legendary and storied weapons from famous people in the lore.
    I'd rather be known as my character than "that Tauren with the OP staff that murders people if they aren't strong enough in the light".
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarnen View Post
    Exactly. BfA is a patch, not an expansion.
    What a ridiculous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    bfa is just an expansion of legion with mission nerfed to the ground with azerite system that is meh

if it was not for my guild in which i am since vanilla, i would already quit the game, i really think bfa will the worst expansion ever of the game
    Yes, because judging an entire xpac after 3 weeks of in being out is totally fair.

I'd be willing to bet BFA turns out better than WoD, and Cataclysm without question.
    Last edited by rulk; 2018-09-10 at 06:25 AM.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

True.

I find myself running Mythic+ most of the time for super RNG rewards hoping to get war/titanforged, daily grind for artifact power is so boring and I thought warmode going to spice things up with loot crate drops and group pvp to claim them, boy I was wrong... classes feel the same too which doesn't add to already bad flavor. Basically, Blizzard is doing same old "carrot on a stick" trick with the Heart of Slavezurite collar around your neck, can't blame them though, have to make money somehow, at least they could've done something refreshing...

Island Expeditions as hyped as they were proved to be a lackluster - AI is very dumb.

Mission Table - well... it's same old boring mission table.

Uldir was fun but already saved for a week.

I enjoyed leveling and the story lines, zones look beautiful as usual.

So, yes the game feels like WoD 2.0 right now.