Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasting Journey View Post
    I can agree to most of this. The one disagreement I have is that tanking at least to what I can recall wasn't as specialized stat wise as it was today. I think you are right but I also don't think it was that herculean of a task for a warrior to swap to tanking. I think the issue was more only one class was really capable of tanking higher raids.
    The problem wasn't having available warriors that knew how to tank (especially as tanking itself was a piece of piss) it was the sheer amount of gear you had to collect as a tank. An undergeared tank was a really big deal back then, especially if they didn't have enough gear to meet the respective defense and resistance caps.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much fun as I had in Vanilla WoW ... Vanilla WoW is absolute dogshit by modern MMO standards. I'll check out classic servers for nostalgia but I expect them to be a ghost town shortly after they're released. Hopefully they're buy to play so that Blizzard gets some return on their investment.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

There does indeed come a point where" good enough is good enough," that's working as intended. If you want to "push the difficulty," that's entirely on you. it will be an uphill battle, that is done voluntarily, or ignored if you "value your time" that heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    by the time you have the max obtainable gear from RNG
    it will become the base item level for 8.1 and free epics will be dropping everywhere of equal item level

change my mind

#waitingforclassic
    Playing WoW is a waste of time because your relative base ilvl is always going to increase.

Change my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, my 345's will literally always be the best in slot
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    If there was a time period I'd like to go back to, it would be wrath of the lich king, and yet thats known as the most casual state of wow but yet it was the most fun. See how that works? lol
    Agreed. I mean if you check my account, you'd clearly see i actually started in Wotlk, and it was surely my favorite, followed by Legion. I honestly don't give any less of a fuck about some of the labels these basement dwellers use to describe WoW these days, "casual" or not, it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Playing WoW is a waste of time because your relative base ilvl is always going to increase.

Change my mind.
    thats why so many people signed out from endgame and rather focus on farming transmog / pets etc . and have fun while doin it.

Deleted
    Your right. Honestly there is no reason to gear up at all. For in 2 years, there will be a new expation, and all you have done now, is negated by doing it agian. Why enjoy what is here, when you can be sad and alone in a corner. fun for the whole family

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    it used to be that the challenges and gearing were together. but not anymore
    Untrue. The best way to gear is still in mythic raids.

I guess people still haven't caught on that "change my mind" is an idiot stamp.

You probably shouldn't stamp your posts with an idiot stamp.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=endersblade;50087865]I'm actually really looking forward to this happening, for one of two reasons:

1) All these 'vanilla clowns' in their own little cesspool will mean all the shitheads will be in one place;

2) All these 'vanilla clowns' will be the GOOD people and will make the community in Vanilla, Vanilla again.

Lol the funny thing is they would still all complain...
    1: Some of them would moan about character models, "we dont want the new models we want the origionals"
    2: Others would moan that the scenery is old and looks bad compared to current wow, but hey...you guys wanted classic origional right?
    3: No newer or additional races or classes so forget your dk or dark iron dwarves
    4: No odd combinations, bye bye Horde Paladins lol

BUT, back on track of OP... if thats what you wanna do then by all means feel free,if others want to do current content while its current then thats their choice also. Whats the point of playing at all if not to aquire gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

Change my mind.
    That's not what he said. What he says is that this RNG system is fucking retarded, which is absolutely true. The reason for better gear should be skill, not luck

7+ Year Old Account
    it will become the base item level for 8.1 and free epics will be dropping everywhere of equal item level

change my mind

#waitingforclassic
    Why gear at all. Leveling greens will replace anything next epac.

This has been the same since nearly forever. Gear from the next tier devalues everything that came before.
    The weird thing this time, is that with the Warfronts scenario we basically are already devaluing current content 3 weeks into the xpac.

During a tier the idea has always been a sort of effort/reward balance, in recent years followed by a catch-up in the new tier. Now there is basically a catch-up during the tier, and to top it just for one faction? You might say that ilvl340 isn't that high, but for a freshly dinged 120 alt, it means you skip the whole pre-M+ part of character progression, and we're just 3 weeks in.

Why bother gearing up at all when greens will have a higher ilvl in the next expansion? !

So how wow has been for like the past decade?

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    This has been the same since nearly forever. Gear from the next tier devalues everything that came before.
    The weird thing this time, is that with the Warfronts scenario we basically are already devaluing current content 3 weeks into the xpac.

During a tier the idea has always been a sort of effort/reward balance, in recent years followed by a catch-up in the new tier. Now there is basically a catch-up during the tier, and to top it just for one faction? You might say that ilvl340 isn't that high, but for a freshly dinged 120 alt, it means you skip the whole pre-M+ part of character progression, and we're just 3 weeks in.
    This! Why should I even do mythic+ or the normal Uldir Raid when i can just AFK in a Warfront and get my titanforged 390 gear. And you will eventually get it because you can do them every 20min for 1 Week.

vanilla didn't have warforged and titanforged and drops had a set percentage chance that never changed
    Warforged and Titanforged items are not something you go after. If it happens it happens. Good to have, not needed. I'd rather run Uldir HC for 370 because it guarantees 370 items than running normal in hopes of WF/TF.

This has nothing to do with RNG, this has all to do with your expectations and what you want out of the game.

Looks like you want easily accessible content to give you the best loot.
    You don't want to put effort into it and because you have to put effort into getting good stuff, you come here and bawl your eyes out.

Luckily most of the people responding to you do not fall for your ruse.

And vanilla also had catch-up mechanics.
    Some patches reduced the EXP needed for leveling, while others introduced catch-up mechanics like the T0.5 Dungeon Set quest chain and better item drops (For Example: Everything that dropped in Dire Maul which was introduced with Patch 1.3 was better than anything that dropped in other dungeons).

You are talking so far out of your ass, it isn't even funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Untrue. The best way to gear is still in mythic raids.
    yea i know i jsut misworded my sentence, what i meant to say is that raids in general and getting gear were togther, as in seeing and entering the acutal raid, not with LFR or the normal we have today.

change my mind

#pointlessthread
    Damn, i feel so cheated i wish someone had told me start of Legion that its pointless gearing as i will be replacing the gear in BFA