Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycon View Post
    You hang around forums

What do you expect?
    Lol you think it's just the forums... Literally everywhere remotely wow-related that talking can be done, is more accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    You like... gnomes?!?

WE'VE GOT A TRAITOR IN OUR MIDST, BOYS!
    BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!

j/k

but seriously

This kind of goes back to the old meme of "kids play alliance, adults play horde" from vanilla.
    Back then, everyone viewed Alliance as the goodygoody kiddie group, with their humans and small humans (dwarves) and even smaller humans (footballs... er, gnomes).
    Meanwhile, Horde had Orcs and Trolls and Cows and freaking zombies!
    It just evolved over time and people got used to the alliance being the good guys and horde being the bad guys.
    Good guys don't irrationally hate anything, but bad guys do.
    /shrug
    I've always enjoyed the bad guys more. I've never seen the Horde as the Adult faction nor have I seen the Alliance as the kid faction.

I like the Horde races and their lore more than I like the Alliance ones, that's my biggest reason.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    It is a game setting. We are at war. Red is dead. Just immersing into the universe. I don't hate players, I hate their avatars

Because many years ago when i started this game in vanilla. Horde and alliance was summed up to me as. The boring humans played by 9 year olds and the not bad, bad guy orcs played by people in theirs teens.
    Thats basically the players base now plus 10 years...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    This has been my experience as well. I started playing alliance, and then couple of years later a lot of my friends started playing and they all went horde, so i switched.
    I really cant understand them... they hate alliance with a passion and im there like "huh?".
    We discussed allied races, he went to make Mag'har, i said i would prefer Dark Iron Dwarf, as they are much cooler than recolored orcs, with their glowing beards and what not. And response was "i cant stand alliance, if i see them i would instantly rip their guts out..." quite seriously.
    And other friends have similar reactions to alliance... still no idea why. But my first choice were dwarfs and alliance, so guess im not meant to understand that kind of irrational hatred.
    After all, i was in my 20s when i started playing(vanilla beta), so guess not childish enough.

Though, if i dislike something... its that horde are now(with BfA) pure evil(whoever tries to argue otherwise is just silly) and pure stupidity(most main characters). As well as now they have my both most irritating and annoying characters. In legion it was Sylvannas and Illidan, and now its Sylvannas and Nathanos, as Illidan is gone.
    Yet i play horde and dont really care about either faction. Just wish i could skip some Horde quests, as they are pure shit(genocides and such... and im there like mindless drone carrying out obvious plot by Sylvannas to create war between Alliance and Horde in an attempt to get rid of both, as all casualties are turned to her army, so her army grows while both Horde and Alliance get weaker. So obvious, but as i said, everyone is pure stupidity so they cant figure it out and just mindlessly carry on her work, like obedient drones.)
    This is how it actually was

I've been playing since day 1 and I don't understand it myself and I can't ever see myself as taking it that seriously. I've played Alliance and Horde throughout the years, split pretty evenly by now. To me, it seems more like a form of role-playing. You're living out that role in game as a champion of the Alliance or Horde and you start to feel the same way a lot of the characters do about the opposite faction.

Albeit, some people take it a little too seriously and sometimes too far and get uncontrollably sucked into that role. For example, I've been to a few gaming conventions/small get-togethers and I'll be with a few friends and we will gladly talk to other people there and get to know one another and potentially make some new friends. Unfortunately and pretty awkwardly, there have been multiple interactions where people would literally stop talking to us, or try very cringingly to talk down to us if they found out we played a certain faction in WoW that they didn't like.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

It's just a form of RP. It appears that more horde players are RPers than they would like to admit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    When I play Alliance, all I ever get is players whining about anything and everything, and others who spam vulgarities all the time. Nobody wants to hear that crap. With Horde, they seem to be more mature and realize it is a game, so get in to the game atmosphere.
    I'd love to play on your Horde server then. My server sure seems to have a ton of Horde players complaining about anything and everything in trade chat/general. Also, people I have to see in zone chat who have /shout macros set to their moves.

In reality, both factions are full of both mature people and trade trolls. There are people enjoying the game and people who complain about everything. There's no real difference in game to either faction other than the competitive raiding/PVP scene (yay racials!).

I also agree that Horde players outside of the game seem to be way more passionate than Alliance players. The people at events who play Horde are very much about being "For the Horde". The Alliance players seems mostly just to be happy to be WoW players.

Because Horde is all about instant gratification and Alliance is about actually doing something. As this very forum often shows, many people hate any kind of responsibility.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    Because many years ago when i started this game in vanilla. Horde and alliance was summed up to me as. The boring humans played by 9 year olds and the not bad, bad guy orcs played by people in theirs teens.
    Thats basically the players base now plus 10 years...

- - - Updated - - -

This is how it actually was
    Well, i was 21 when i started vanilla beta and played alliance(and i was among younger ones i ever encountered on alliance side), and those friends that are now raging at alliance are ranging from 1 year older(the one saying what i cited about guts and such) to 4 years younger than me. All well in 30s right now...

I would say quite the opposite of that picture during my 14 years of WoW.

I basically hate only the gnomes. freaking little piece of dung can beat a tauren? kidding me? that's my only pet peeve with alliance.
    gnome warriors? ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This kind of goes back to the old meme of "kids play alliance, adults play horde" from vanilla.
    Back then, everyone viewed Alliance as the goodygoody kiddie group, with their humans and small humans (dwarves) and even smaller humans (footballs... er, gnomes).
    Meanwhile, Horde had Orcs and Trolls and Cows and freaking zombies!
    Yeah, because monster types "see how ADULTLY brutal (orc) or emo (undead) I am" is exactly what adults enjoy, right? This reminds me about one specific group of people who always hellbent on proving how very adulty adult they are by deliberately demonstrative smoking, swearing, etc... I hope you get the idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    Yes. Like I said, both factions have made seriously bad things, but in the end, like i said, Alliance is the ISIS of Azeroth.
    Uh-uh, every criminal squeals that cops are bad guys for punishing him for his atrocities. Nothing new here.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    people,shouting out their "FOR THE HORDE",while many Alliance players are like "Meh,whatever". Just look at the BlizzCon videos.

So,my question is - why do you,as an Horde player,hate the Alliance?
    lol wut, you've got it backwards. Go on the Blizzard forums and see the 10 threads on the first page from angry alliance rp'ers that go on and on about their serious hatred of the horde for in game story reasons, if you play horde you're evil irl, for the alliance, whatever .. and then go a few pages in to see that kind of taking the game story way too seriously all over.

Also, this thread, ironic you made it. But meh, whatever, you're passionate about this stuff I guess and that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Even recently, the addition of Dark Irons, a pure 'evil' race
    Wait, since when they're "evil"? Much rougher than rest of dwarves and until some time ago a clear antagonist faction, but "evil"? We were cooperating with some of them since Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Alleria and Umbric are both good recent examples of how blind one can be in their righteousness, going all judgmental on Sylvanas and goblins like they haven't courted any lines of decency.
    Oh yeah, how could they be "judgemental" on Lich Queen and "blow up thousands of your own people along with Kezan for power" factions. The nerve!

I don't hate Alliance. I just prefer to not be around humans all the time like I am in real life. No but really though it's just a preference. They're just characters on my monitor. I couldn't care less what their back story is when all I want to do is crack skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Many years ago when I started playing the game I didn't want to be a human playing a human in a fantasy game. I wanted to be the monsters that would fight the good guys. Horde had them, alliance didn't. Don't hate anything or anyone, just try to play my role and follow our Warchief. But yea with that, she's evil so get limbered up for a special kind of love...
    Horde is full of blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    When making your first character that tells you alot of what kind of person you are and majority of Alliance players are generic/gay/normie while Horde players are ppl that want something else than social justice crusade alliance ppl choose.Horde players are more passionate,in many cases more mature.Kids choose alliance cuz its basic,therefore horde hates alliance cuz kids have no knowledge of game and they are pretty much stupid and boring like pests.
    Did I just seriously read "kids choose Alliance" from someone with total lack of punctuation, SMS-speak overload and who uses "gay" as insult?

That's just as self-demonstrating as it could be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Of course our shit doesn't smell. We're not savages living in mud huts defecating on floor. We have in-door plumbing with Poo-Pourri:

Vid - in case you never heard of it before
    As a alliance player you got to understand that we did horrible shit too, maybe not as bad as the horde but we ain't righteous. Hell man we playing around with the void right now....that's really bad.

I don't really see it on the EU. Maybe my servers are more civilized or something. I only see this hate on forums and the like, not in the actual game.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Because they are lame and always goodie goodies all the time and its boring.

Wouldnt call it an intense hatred though, as I do like gnomes.
    Gnomes are the superior Alliance race, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mycon View Post
    The Horde was always the underdog

A motely collection of the unwanted, Roid raged, forsaken, Drug addicted (mana) all trying to form a dysfunctional family.

and what do we have on the Alliance? A faction that is so white that its whiter than a virgins bedsheets!!

The Horde speaks to so many people while the Alliance is just your goody goody lets do more goody goody.

If you have character flaws like myself then you will always gravitate towards the Horde especially in this game.

The Horde is Homer Simpson (back when the Simpsons was funny) and the Alliance is Ned Flanders and as Homer would say 'Stupid Flanders'!!
    Stupid sexy Alliance...!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    - Alliance tried to kill orcs to extinction but cant remember who suggested to use them as forced labor. Sounds familiar to our history?
    As opposed to what? To lying down and let our invading, murdering, and pillaging Orc overlords have their way? With supporters like those, Horde rep needs no enemies, indeed.