Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Does "It seems that the rares, quests, and world boss in Arathi Highlands reset per Warfront cycle and not weekly. If you killed them last week they will still offer no rewards today." mean you get to loot them one time until alliance owns Arathi again, or until each Battle scenario is over?

If they were on a weekly lockout they would just drop less gear, thats what everything is balanced around. It already is super fast to gear a newly dinged alt, more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I figured as much early on with the Arathi Highlands rares. Warfront is an event based on the system used by the Broken Shore buildings from Legion, and they in turn were not affected/determined by the weekly reset.

This support article explains it pretty well. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/144126
    Thanks a lot!

"It seems that the rares, quests, and world boss in Arathi Highlands reset per Warfront cycle and not weekly. If you killed them last week they will still offer no rewards today."

What if they just don't reset.

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to add the azerite armor into the M+ loot at the end of dungeons because getting 1 piece of loot a week that only has a small chance of being azerite armor is crazy.

"As of now people are reporting only getting one piece of loot. The chance of getting three pieces seems to have been dropped from beta."

Down to 1 item instead of 3 from beta. No word of change this entire time.

Is that not like... a shady deceptive practice? Here try out our game, It's super rewarding and fun. Btw thanks for the $$ but we're nerfing the rewards you saw and not saying a word until you open the box.

changes are fine, but the fact that they didn't say it was happening? eh...
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2018-09-11 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    It's almost like they're trying to piss everyone off. What a disaster.
    Careful. You'll be having BfA apologists swarming your ass as they did me for saying BfA has been shit so far.

So this week has no 370 world boss? Just a shitty 355? Noice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    It's almost like they're trying to piss everyone off. What a disaster.
    i was thinking the same some days ago. It's like they are testing how much they can piss off the player base before the game dies.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    wod devs: We'll make Flex raiding the new normal, so world bosses can be less lucrative!

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Shitty 355.

Do people want to be done gearing next week? I don’t get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN View Post
    During the "gathering" and the scenario, you don't control it though?

Let's say horde has it now:
    Alliance spend 4 days gathering
    Alliance spend 7 days on scenario

Then Alliance controls it:
    Horde spend 4 days gathering
    Horde spend 7 days on scenario

No?
    Yes, that's pretty much it. There are two states, Control and Assault, with the factions altering states about every two weeks. The Assault is broken into two parts, Gathering and Warfront scenario.

When your faction is in Control (Alliance started in Control, lasts approximately two weeks) the controlling faction can do some quests (one for a 340+ item) and the world boss (once during the whole time, 370 loot chance + bonus roll).

The Assaulting faction first spends five days collecting resources (it's not clear anyone actually has to contribute anything in order for it to complete, but the turn-ins reward a lot of Azerite Power and are worth doing I think) then at 100% it unlocks the PvE Warfront scenario and a one time guaranteed 370 drop quest for winning the scenario the first time plus one 340+ drop for EACH time you run the scenario (instant queuing, takes 20-30 minutes to complete normally).

Once the 7 day Warfront scenario timer counts down to zero, presumably the Control changes hands, the new Assaulting faction will start contributing resources, the new Controlling faction will get the world boss and quests, and the new 120 Arathi Highlands rares will reset and offer BOTH factions loot/mount/pet drops again (to be determined if this is in fact the case, but they did not reset with maintenance today).

So the whole cycle is about a month before you get back to where you started. In that month you'll get to kill all the rares in the Arathi zone twice for ~10% each chance of a drop (340+ or pet/mount), kill the world boss once, and have a week of running the Warfront scenario over and over for ridiculous amounts of 340+ gear with a high chance of Warforging+.
    Last edited by PixelFox; 2018-09-11 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    We just had imo a great expansion in Legion and the whole "glamour" of this one wore off fast if you catch my drift.
    From what I've seen so far, people are just disillusioned with Legion design when the carrot is not big enough to hide shitty mechanics behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by SalcN View Post
    It takes (appr.) 4 days to gather resources,
    Firstly, it took EU 4 days. US needed 5 days.

Secondly, in the future it will take longer than those 4 or 5 days to gather the resources. People wanted to try the new feature so they spend more time and money in collecting the resources than they will in the future. I'd be not surprised if it took the Alliance this week already longer, since the Alliance now knows how lacklustre the feature is.

This not accurate. I got a 340 out of my PVP chest with a rating of 650 ish for 3v3.

what a shitshow, they brought in new lockout / reset system only for warfronts.
    jesus.

Deleted
    What does "completed any ranked PvP" mean? Win or just entered and finished at least one match of anything? Entering one arena and losing it is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    From what I've seen so far, people are just disillusioned with Legion design when the carrot is not big enough to hide shitty mechanics behind it.
    I don't mind the Legion mechanics.

What I mind is how many bugs have gotten through Beta with most of them being reported.

What I mind is the lack of clarity until the last minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't mind the Legion mechanics.

What I mind is how many bugs have gotten through Beta with most of them being reported.

What I mind is the lack of clarity until the last minute.
    I think the exact same way.

Deleted
    "The chance of getting three pieces seems to have been dropped from beta" Does this mean, 3 pieces can still drop, but with a very small chance, or that they "dropped" the idea that it can contain up to 3 pieces?
    Also what about 2 pieces? Moderate chance or just as small as with 3 pieces?