Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Three thousand people died 17 years ago, get a fucking grip on yourself.

The illegal wars that followed killed millions. That is what we should remember: The start of the US' warcrimes in the Middle East.
    so get infracted for the truth?? ohh hoo im so butthurt, how was raping all them iraqies

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the fuck are you even talking about? your not even trying hard enough.

- - - Updated - - -

anyone notice almost ALL OF THEM are european. yeah me too.

- - - Updated - - -

too bad the rest of them aren't getting banned.
    I´m also from Europe but i don´t know why they have to be so shitty about it.

Was asleep, woke up to a nightmare broadcast around the world.

Sadly - it seems the terrorists succeeded in their attack, not just in the horror of the day but the aftermath that echoed around the world ever since.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yep. Been living in the US for quite some time now, but growing up that’s how my mum pronounced it and spellled it, so that’s how my sisters and I learned to say it and write it. It’s funny cause both my daughters were born in the US and they pronounce it the British way, yet spell it the American way. I’m assuming because they’ve always heard me pronounce it the other way.
    Yeah my mom was English, moved to the USA at 19, years later met my dad who is American. Growing up, my mom was very pro English (which is weird because she moved to the USA because it was better... her words) but she wanted me to speak UK English... "Mum" bonnet instead of hood, etc... I was very pro American and would say everything the American way with American accent. If I really wanted to bother her, I'd speak like Bugs Bunny and say things like "boid" instead of "bird"

I was working second shift and woke up that morning and almost didn't check the news and then I was struck by the thought that the one day you DON'T check it is when everything happens, so it turned into this impulse to see what's going on and .... there it was.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was 10 and in school. I went to school at about eight in the morning, so I had left before the attack happened. When I got to school and walked into my homeroom, a bunch of teachers were watching the news and turned it off when kids started walking in. They didn't talk about it at all, I didn't know about the attacks until my dad picked me up from school that afternoon.

This was before every 10 year old had an iPhone like today, so at least in my class, we were entirely ignorant of the attacks all day.

I woke up to the sound of my TV. My mother had turned it on to one of the big networks. I can remember seeing one of the towers on fire and thinking to myself, "Oh, must be a commercial for another hollywood action thriller."

The rest of my day went just just about the same as everyone's did. Disbelief. Shock. Anger. Sadness.

My co-worker called in to work at the Chevron Food Mart that I worked at, at the time. Her husband was a security guard at our local penitentiary and apparently all the Muslim's imprisoned there started a riot. So I got stuck running the store by myself that day. Never again.

From 1pm to 6pm, shit got real. I have never seen so many people in sheer panic to get gasoline. Out of the 12 pumps we had, all of them were in constant use, with a line of cars wrapped around our lot and extending out onto the feeder road of the Interstate. We nearly ran out of gas that day.

Our store manager, Frank, finally shows his lame ass up to our store around 6:30 when things have really started to die down. He goes into the office, runs a few reports, congratulates me on a job well done and leaves. Didn't even bother to help clean up as the store looked like a war zone.

Fuck you, Frank, I knew you were doing meth in the office, you piece of shit.

Another thing I will never be able to get out of my head is how quiet it got around town that night after the sun when down, nobody and I mean absolutely no one was out and about.

Deleted
    At home, playing i believe unreal tournament online, while my mother got all excited for a "Awesome trailer for a new movie".
    It wasn't until 10 seconds later i got flooded with messages in ICQ from my American brothers and sisters that that aint a trailer.

9/11 was the catalyst for me considering to join the Army. If I had never joined the Army, I would never have met the friends who influenced me to start playing WoW. If I had not started playing WoW, I never would have met the lady who would go on to become my Wife and have three amazing little children together.

It's so crazy how something so fucked up and evil can start a chain of events that can lead to something beautiful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in Karachi, Pakistan. Thought it was a movie, wouldn't believe it was real. Took a few to finally understand. Pin drop silence in our apartment building.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i em getting old. Fortunately i am not as stupid as i used to be.

I remember i was 14 y/o back then and i was overwhelmed with a feeling of joy when that happened because i really hated America. I was like: "Ha ! Well deserved!!"

I was just a stupid teenager who would buy the strong anti-american feeling the brazilian education system "imposes" to us, and all the cool kids hated America and everything it represented.

Later that day i got drunk and stoned as fuck celebrating with friends.

Please, dont hate me, i was just a brainwashed moron, who had no idea how pathetic, mean and despicable i was being.

10+ Year Old Account
    In school, when my my mom came to pick us up as usual, the first plane had just crashed.

The scary part for us was that my father actually was in the US at that time for some manoeuvre or so, near DC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 7 and not from US. Probably didn't react any particular as I didn't care that much either.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    I was playing in a park after my school (UK) sent students home for something happening in USA.

We took that afternoon to play in the park and football. It was great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    9/11 was the catalyst for me considering to join the Army. If I had never joined the Army, I would never have met the friends who influenced me to start playing WoW. If I had not started playing WoW, I never would have met the lady who would go on to become my Wife and have three amazing little children together.

It's so crazy how something so fucked up and evil can start a chain of events that can lead to something beautiful.
    Okay, that's messed up...I'm sure the people of iraq are happy for u.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't even know anymore.

Tbh, I even forgot about this. It's been so long ago already.
    Ah, so we know you're still a minor. Great.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    should i go and visit the families of every other tragedy as well? are you going around telling them all where you were when each one happened?
    I see you missed the point, no sense in explaining it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Three thousand people died 17 years ago, get a fucking grip on yourself.

The illegal wars that followed killed millions. That is what we should remember: The start of the US' warcrimes in the Middle East.
    Reposting because its probably the only worthwhile post in the thread.

For answers to the OPs question look for the same thread in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013.... etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Asleep in my apartment on campus... woke up to hear "they blew up the pentagon.." as a friend called to wake me up. ran and turned on the TV and jaw dropped. Followed by emails that all Cadets (i was USAF ROTC) were remove all signs they were cadets, don't wear a uniform, don't wear cloths with USAF, no bags stickers etc.. we were to blend in and be civilians. We had a few meetings and being an upper classman we learned the idea of offering us early commissions was tabled but sadly didn't happen. We wanted to go.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I was in New York City. I didn’t know anyone that died personally but I know a few who had someone die.