Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Final trailer, movie might be good or bad, but i'll bet it be gud for popcorn!

I'm on board for the big guy, but dunno about those pooches..
    Jesus, this is terrible.

What you'd almost want to do is a time jump. Like go back to the Roman Empire, or Colonial America, and drop a predator in there. The idea would be to explore the idea of how people from those time periods would react to a predator. Then you could also explore the culture and people of the period as well. It would be too cheesy to do something like drop a predator into the Roanoke colony or a ship in the Bermuda Triangle. None of that crap. Just have a predator show up in a village.

But those trailers for this upcoming film are absolutely trash.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-09-11 at 08:16 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What you'd almost want to do is a time jump. Like go back to the Roman Empire, or Colonial America, and drop a predator in there. The idea would be to explore the idea of how people from those time periods would react to a predator. Then you could also explore the culture and people of the period as well. It would be too cheesy to do something like drop a predator into the Roanoke colony or a ship in the Bermuda Triangle. None of that crap. Just have a predator show up in a village.

But those trailers for this upcoming film are absolutely trash.
    that's one thing i really love about the comics you get to see the predators in so many difference places interacting with different people.

Deleted
    Defeating a Predator in melee? Not very likely without wakanda super powrrs

even after all these year no one can still do better then the original movie. predators was the best attempt so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, that trailer was shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account
    theirs a few other pages i left out it wasn't as easy as a fight as those pages might show.

Machiko Noguchi did it.

First panel

Panel two

Panel three

She loses the fight eventually...but that's deliberate. (Had to let him save face)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Machiko Noguchi did it.

First panel

Panel two

Panel three

She loses the fight eventually...but that's deliberate. (Had to let him save face)
    she was also living and training with them for some time and fighting low class warriors so that's a smidge different.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    she was also living and training with them for some time and fighting low class warriors so that's a smidge different.
    Not originally...if I recall she earned "Broken Tusk's respect by going toe-to-toe with an alien (defending herself furiously)...when she was evacuating the base on another planet.
    I should find that panel..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Not originally...if I recall she earned "Broken Tusk's respect by going toe-to-toe with an alien (defending herself furiously)...when she was evacuating the base on another planet.
    I should find that panel..
    true but id think a predator would be harder to beat then an alien.

It was still pretty badass.

Deleted
    They are just trying to make their heroes look kewl, in reality they would have been stomped like dutch who only won by luck

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Humor? Really? Well I guess they'd have to, since all the other Predator movies were serious and grimdark (maybe?).

Haven't seen it yet, but to answer the question at the end?

Most Favorite: Predator
    2nd: Predator 2
    3rd: Predators

Least favorite: AvP movies

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be the first movie I go to the theater for in MONTHS...I'm an avid Aliens and Predator fan, don't care how bad it is. Hell, I paid to see Predators in theater and that was fucking terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This will be the first movie I go to the theater for in MONTHS...I'm an avid Aliens and Predator fan, don't care how bad it is. Hell, I paid to see Predators in theater and that was fucking terrible.
    Well if you thought predators was bad then prepare your anus for this.

It's difficult to capture the magic of the first Predator. Once the viewer knows who Predator is, the rest just becomes gimmicky. Predators was pretty much a repeat of the first movie but with some altered themes. This one seems to be trying something different and accepting that they can't rely in the surprise factor.
    Actually, the first Predator worked even better when you ignored the spaceship shooting his pod to Earth and start watching the movie when Dutch is meeting the general.
    As a massive Predator fan though, gotta watch this new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    true but id think a predator would be harder to beat then an alien.
    Alien as in Xenomorph? I doubt it. Xenomorphs are pretty much designed from birth up to be perfect killing machines. I mean, there was a reason the Aliens Vs Predators concept pretty much revolved around the idea that Predators used Xenomorphs as the end stage ritual of passage to becoming a full fledged "hunter". A Predator in training would be a much easier fight than a Xenomorph.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Alien as in Xenomorph? I doubt it. Xenomorphs are pretty much designed from birth up to be perfect killing machines. I mean, there was a reason the Aliens Vs Predators concept pretty much revolved around the idea that Predators used Xenomorphs as the end stage ritual of passage to becoming a full fledged "hunter". A Predator in training would be a much easier fight than a Xenomorph.
    A predator with no weapons would be a tougher fight then a xenomoph while they might be the biggest game they don’t hunt them one at a time as a predator on average out classes one or even a few. A human would be wrecked by either in most cases but a predator would still most likely be harder.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2018-09-12 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    It's difficult to capture the magic of the first Predator. Once the viewer knows who Predator is, the rest just becomes gimmicky. Predators was pretty much a repeat of the first movie but with some altered themes. This one seems to be trying something different and accepting that they can't rely in the surprise factor.
    Actually, the first Predator worked even better when you ignored the spaceship shooting his pod to Earth and start watching the movie when Dutch is meeting the general.
    As a massive Predator fan though, gotta watch this new one.
    I don't even know why they put that in the movie.

OT: I was looking forward to this and I don't usually judge a movie based on reviews but the trailer looked bad and I don't think this is worth spending money to see.