Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Is BFA saving WoW?

- Pvp is coming back to life with good item drops that help raiders to gear up faster
    - Warmode, pvp island expeditions make pvp more alive than ever before
    - Uldir hits the sweet spot difficulty-wise. Mythic might be a bit overtuned, but that's just a matter of fixing and does not have an impact for the majority of the playerbase
    - Great new dungeons bringing new life in m+
    - The new zones look amazing and just wandering around is a blessing

Yes, BFA is saving WoW if you ask me.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Welll... i dunno about PvP as i think the loss of templates was a step back in terms of balance and enjoyment, but i'm happy with the rest.

With that said, i don't think it needed "saving". People just like to dramatise and exagerate the state it's in.

Bloody trolls;

More complaints then previous expansions, crz - sharding forced since the start of the expansion suggest player count is down a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Bloody trolls;

More complaints then previous expansions, crz - sharding forced since the start of the expansion suggest player count is down a lot.
    You haven't been here very long have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Welll... i dunno about PvP as i think the loss of templates was a step back in terms of balance and enjoyment, but i'm happy with the rest.

With that said, i don't think it needed "saving". People just like to dramatise and exagerate the state it's in.
    Me neither actually. I mostly created the thread exactly for the things you said.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    - Pvp is coming back to life with good item drops that help raiders to gear up faster
    - Uldir hits the sweet spot difficulty-wise. Mythic might be a bit overtuned, but that's just a matter of fixing and does not have an impact for the majority of the playerbase

I keep wishing they find the one thing that gets the worst of the forum whiners to leave forever so the foums would be far more civil then
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

PvP has been a mess for weeks, rewards structure is borked and azerite gear a nightmare. Class balance is garbage. You must be playing one of the winning specs.

Raiding and dungeons are decent. Its the lowest bar you can set for an expansion; BFA seems to have hit it. But 1) Mythic raiding is mathematically impossible, nerfs incoming...would have been nice to have seen it tested before given to the masses. I don't care since I haven't progression raided at the edge for years. 2) normal and heroic dungeons are irrelevant at week 3 of the expansion thanks to welfare Warfront gear, and arguably mythic 0 is useless too. HORRIBLE gear progression this expansion already.

Agree that art design and music are top notch. Since WoD the production values have just skyrocketed, BFA continues the tradition. Even the dungeons are gorgeous now.

BFA is not saving wow though. Its the worst expansion since... forever? Just look at WoW Token prices -- plummeting as there's no market, people aren't staying. With no patch 8.1 to be seen for many months, people will be gone by end of October.

Oh look, some guy who probably spends most of his game-time killing pexing chars just to call PvP "alive".

... And if you expect people to agree that those horrendous ISLANDS are somehow saving WoW (from what ?), you're a big problem for the whole gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    PvP has been a mess for weeks, rewards structure is borked and azerite gear a nightmare. Class balance is garbage. You must be playing one of the winning specs.

Raiding and dungeons are decent. Its the lowest bar you can set for an expansion; BFA seems to have hit it. But 1) Mythic raiding is mathematically impossible, nerfs incoming...would have been nice to have seen it tested before given to the masses. I don't care since I haven't progression raided at the edge for years. 2) normal and heroic dungeons are irrelevant at week 3 of the expansion thanks to welfare Warfront gear, and arguably mythic 0 is useless too. HORRIBLE gear progression this expansion already.

Agree that art design and music are top notch. Since WoD the production values have just skyrocketed, BFA continues the tradition. Even the dungeons are gorgeous now.

BFA is not saving wow though. Its the worst expansion since... forever? Just look at WoW Token prices -- plummeting as there's no market, people aren't staying. With no patch 8.1 to be seen for many months, people will be gone by end of October.
    Interesting opinion. Not saying you are wrong, but I wonder how is it possible I see so many people playing the game?

My guild had to bench 20(!) social raiders, because we were already full with 30 people. Everyone I know has come back to playing WoW. Wow streams are super popular right now.

What else do you like about this expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Oh look, some guy who probably spends most of his game-time killing pexing chars just to call PvP "alive".

... And if you expect people to agree that those horrendous ISLANDS are somehow saving WoW (from what ?), you're a big problem for the whole gaming community.
    I am specifically talking about pvp islands. VS the AI it isn't that great.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Agreed. It saved me from WoW.

PvP community is much smaller then you think

Warmode is essentially gank mode so most people do not use it.

The people who do use it roll in groups which currently screws up phasing creating imbalance

You say Uldir hits the sweet spot in difficulty and at the same time say its a bit overtuned while negating the fact thats it been nerfed a lot already.

These dungeons arent anymore special then legion just a bit less enjoyable if your team can't interrupt.

New Zones look great but the scaling makes them feel painful to exp in once you hit 116.

BFA so far is one of the worst xpacs ive ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    PvP community is much smaller then you think

Warmode is essentially gank mode so most people do not use it.

The people who do use it roll in groups which currently screws up phasing creating imbalance

You say Uldir hits the sweet spot in difficulty and at the same time say its a bit overtuned while negating the fact thats it been nerfed a lot already.

These dungeons arent anymore special then legion just a bit less enjoyable if your team can't interrupt.

New Zones look great but the scaling makes them feel painful to exp in once you hit 116.

BFA so far is one of the worst xpacs ive ever played.
    Will eleborate more regarding difficulty:

- LFR, normal and heroic all have more challenge than we have been used to for a while. This is good.
    - Mythic is still a bit overtuned. I don't think this is very bad. Remember C'thun?

Follow-up question: do you still play BFA? If so, why?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    You aren't very familiar with economics, aren't ya? Token prices plummeting means more people are buying them which makes prices to fall as the supply is still high. Fewer people buying tokens makes the prices go higher again.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Agreed. It saved me from WoW.
    /thread

10char

OP, firstly, your name is very accurate for this thread.

Secondly, after Legion, WoW didn't need saving, it was doing really well and felt in a good spot. Everything felt alive and well. Then BFA comes, after being rushed out, and ruins that for many, many people. A lot of design decisions were fairly poor and definitely poorly received. The entire expansion FEELS rushed and like it is lacking a lot. The forums are awash with a lot of people saying they are down to raid logging only, which is an obscene place to be only a little over a month into the expansion with Mythic raiding having only just released. The AP grind feels terrible compared to Legion (even though the catch up might be better in terms of consistency and not feeling goofy as hell for fresh max level toons) since, if you are not getting new gear, your Artifact leveling means a couple ilvl to a necklace and nothing more.

The art and music teams did absolutely stellar work this go around. The world of BFA is beautiful and well designed and the new architecture is stunning (the new ships alone are so beautiful and hopefully more of a template of what they might use in the future for the ships). Even a lot of WHO they chose to use as far as the Proudmoores and everything. Everything had such potential to be amazing and then the writing ended up sloppy, end game poorly thought out and poorly paced, so many bugs and problems that were noted during the comically short Alpha/Beta that were never acted upon .... I mean, really, BFA is not a great expansion, despite having such a great foundation to build off of.

It also worries me that they have yet to announce anything regarding future tiers or anything. I know they might be going for a surprise, but given that we knew at least what the raid tier looked like in full for Legion upon release, it is a little disconcerting because either it isn't final or Uldir is it which means Uldir is the smallest first tier in WoW history. Either way, short sighted and poorly planned and executed.

At least, in my opinion (and the opinions of many others it seems).

The problem with your premise is that WoW needs saving.

I am really enjoying BfA and mostly agree with the points you've made, but I also really enjoyed Legion too.

People that peddle "WoW is dying" doom and gloom are not to be taken seriously, and thus there is no saving that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    The problem with your premise is that WoW needs saving.

I am really enjoying BfA and mostly agree with the points you've made, but I also really enjoyed Legion too.

People that peddle "WoW is dying" doom and gloom are not to be taken seriously, and thus there is no saving that is required.
    Honestly it was more of a response to all the people that say WoW is dying. It is clearly not.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by stealthboy View Post
    You aren't very familiar with economics, aren't ya? Token prices plummeting means more people are buying them which makes prices to fall as the supply is still high. Fewer people buying tokens makes the prices go higher again.
    You have your economics backwards. The price drops because lots of people are SELLING (high supply) and not a lot are BUYING (low demand). If I have 100 tokens and only 50 people that want to buy them, prices will drop a lot. If I have 50 tokens and 100 people want to buy them, prices will soar as they try to "outbid" each other to get the limited resources.

The low price doesn't necessarily mean much with regards to player base though. It could be more a result of people sinking a lot of money into selling tokens for the gold so they can get the AH long boi mount or because they need the gold for leveling professions or something. It doesn't necessarily reflect a lot with regards to retention though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes, if by 'saving' you mean smothering the life out of it before it can embarrass itself further.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Welll... i dunno about PvP as i think the loss of templates was a step back in terms of balance and enjoyment
    Removal of Templates was literally the only reason I started doing PVP again.
    In terms of this thread OP is obv trolling.