Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I honestly thought they were in talks to do that at some point soon...?

JUST PLEASE DON'T DO KYLE! PLEASE! The DCEU is bad enough without Kyle!
    id really like for them to flesh out the lanterns in movie form maybe have john and guy in the same movie/show with guy later joining the red lanterns. though i'm just really bias with guy as i loved his red lantern arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    can a white guy NOT be from africa? you know there ARE white dudes in africa right?
    not the king of an ancient african civilization that's completely isolated from the world, no...

then again superman (or clark kent rather) cant be black either, however i'd be completely open to a black superman who ISNT clark kent and has a completely different origin story etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    This 100% because you’re casting him because he is a talented actor and no other reason.
    And if people freak “Superman wasn’t white” well neither was Jesus but y’all still cast Whites to play instead of, you know, an Arab.
    Why stop there? Plenty of great female actresses. If you're against that idea you're a sexist pig!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    not the king of an ancient african civilization that's completely isolated from the world, no...

then again superman (or clark kent rather) cant be black either, however i'd be completely open to a black superman who ISNT clark kent and has a completely different origin story etc.
    they could be albino would that count? i don't think that would count.

*cough*White Wolf*cough*

Who totally could have been king if T'Chaka hadn't had a son.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    DC needs to pump their damn breaks on making movies and figure out what the hell they're doing first.

After that... sure. The issue with these DC movies hasn't been the casting; it's been everything else about them.

Which one of these "leftist appeasing superhero movies" ended up being a complete wash because they cast a minority instead of a white person, or a woman instead of a man?

Black Panther's whole deal is that he's from Africa. Making him a white guy... and therefore not from Africa... does a huge deal to denigrate that character.

What part of the color of Superman's skin is relevant to who he is as a character? Can a dark-skinned guy not stand for truth, justice, and the american way?
    Yeah, but Superman isn't black, he's white. It has nothing to do with someone standing for those values, it's about fucking up the character by changing a fundamental aspect of his appearance. People had a huge problem with Lex in the recent movies because the idiot they got to portray him was a skinny, twitching imbecile who acted like he had aspergers. he was white, people still disliked it. If the actor can't properly portray the character without changing a glaring aspect of it, then it's a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Yeah, but Superman isn't black, he's white. It has nothing to do with someone standing for those values, it's about fucking up the character by changing a fundamental aspect of his appearance. People had a huge problem with Lex in the recent movies because the idiot they got to portray him was a skinny, twitching imbecile who acted like he had aspergers. he was white, people still disliked it. If the actor can't properly portray the character without changing a glaring aspect of it, then it's a bad decision.
    to be fair hugh jackman is like a foot and a half higher than comic wolverine and he nailed it :P

In a world of infinite earths, some "fans" cannot fathom an earth where Superman's krypton have darker skin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    superman is in fact black some times it would be really easy to justifies when dc has a multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    In a world of infinite earths, some "fans" cannot fathom an earth where Superman's krypton have darker skin.
    That's a weak argument, really. If the argument for Superman being black is because it's one of the alternate Earths then the story would have to revolve around that and involve alternate versions of other characters in the film and other divergences from the main story.

But if it plays out as "this alternate universe is exactly the same except Superman is black" then that's a pretty boring alternate universe story.

There are plenty of Black superheroes already

Racism isn't allowed.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-09-13 at 04:43 PM.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Appearently you weren't paying very good attention during Black Panther. The position of King of Wakanda can be contested for by anyone who has a proper blood claim to the throne. Would be absolutely no reason why a "white" guy with a Wakandan ancestor somewhere several generations back in his family tree could not make a bid for the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    There are plenty of Black superheroes already
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Terrible joke.

Grodd is a villain. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Appearently you weren't paying very good attention during Black Panther. The position of King of Wakanda can be contested for by anyone who has a proper blood claim to the throne. Would be absolutely no reason why a "white" guy with a Wakandan ancestor somewhere several generations back in his family tree could not make a bid for the throne.
    okay, that's technically true

but then you have a completely different story with a completely different character

which was my point all along

make a black superman

just dont make him clark kent
    dont put him in kansas
    etc..

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm far from racist (dated several black guys or Hispanic guys & currently engaged to a guy who is Hispanic) but Superman should not be played by someone who is black. Superman has NEVER been anything but a white male. I'm all for diversity in movies and not white washing roles but going the opposite direction and purposely casting against a race is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Oh yeah because casting someone else as Human Torch would have saved that movie.
    The movie didn't stand a chance to begin with because it was already taking heat just for casting him in the role. People boycotted the film because they chose to turn Johnny black when he was always a white guy in the comics.

iirc the superman on Earth 23? is black so its in the comics.
    edit: looked it up to make sure. 3 actually in the multiverse

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kalel_(Earth_23)
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Sunshine_Superman_(Dreamworld)
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kal-El_(Earth-D)

that said i dont recall race being intertwined too much with supermans identity. it was more around his powers and morals. this coming from someone that does not like superman. I wouldnt mind it.
    Last edited by idunnowatdo; 2018-09-13 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

okay, that's technically true

but then you have a completely different story with a completely different character

which was my point all along

make a black superman

just dont make him clark kent
    dont put him in kansas
    etc..
    How the FUCK do you not get a different story if he is no longer Clark Kent or from Kansas?

Do you know anything about Superman? Change shit like that and you may as well be making a movie about a different character.

Im cool with it as long as Matt Damon gets to play Martin Luther King next.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    That's a weak argument, really. If the argument for Superman being black is because it's one of the alternate Earths then the story would have to revolve around that and involve alternate versions of other characters in the film and other divergences from the main story.

But if it plays out as "this alternate universe is exactly the same except Superman is black" then that's a pretty boring alternate universe story.
    i don't know i would have been fine with the last superman movie being black as it was pretty far from what superman normally is.

It's DC. Superman's gender/race/hair color/sexuality are all moot factors because they can't make a non-animated superman movie that doesn't suck ass period.

The only people who would actually get triggered by this are die hard DC fans who don't mind really shitty movies and people who know nothing about DC and just like to REEEEE about race.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."