Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bfa will give me heart attack, its way too unfriendly to loners

I don't like to play in a guild setting because I rather not deal with people raging, criticizing, flaming or demanding anything from me, also I don't like to stick on a schedule or farming stuff. I like to create my groups and do my stuff the way I want to.

I haven't ever felt such frustration like in bfa. Legion was similar but it was nowhere as terrible. To summarize, I had a +7 shrine of the storm keystone and now it is down to +3 and that's funny but 4 times in a row people left AFTER the second boss. All of the runs were great and we even killed the second boss in that dungeon easily which is supposed to be the hardest part of that dungeon. The problem? at all 4 times something went wrong on the trash after the boss and many died, either a ninja pull or lack of interupt or whatever and every single time someone left the group, YES it happened 4 fucking times in a row, we didn't even miss the timer or anything yet people left.

Now I have lost the will to run this fucking dungeon anymore times, I already had to deal with +7 king rest first boss and improve my stone up from +4 x2 times, I rather not do it again. At this point, I rather have my stone getting depleted instead of downgraded, depletion still sucked but it was better. Is it hard for blizzard to reward player's effort and time? is it hard for them to understand the frustration we feel and the time we lose when a motherfucker ruins everyone?

Also I notice a terrible behavior from players on other aspects of the game, everyone leaves the group after 1-2 wipes even when it looks like the boss will die easily, PvP players flame A LOT. There is one reason all this shit happens, blizzard doesn't reward time and effort but instead it rewards accomplishment, also most of the aspects of the game are aids and that cause frustration to the players so if something goes wrong they just don't have the stamina to endure it because they don't enjoy the game to begin with. Everyone can just leave without a cost. Blizzard must punish the players who do this or at least reward
    those who tried.

I guess I will stick with pvp for this expansion because arena and rated bg are probably the only fun thing of this crappy game and very rewarding. I used to pug curves and very high m+ on legion, I did this since the launch of bfa too but both of those are aids now. Uldir is completely imbalanced and requires a different setup for each boss so you can't just bring 10 people and have fun like in legion, some bosses will be very hard or impossible for a pug with 10 people. Also M+ is one of the worst aids in the game, the early tyrannical/fortified in addition to the already failed mechanics (like downgrade) makes this aspect worse than ever.

All in all, Legion was a much better expansion, raids were balanced, the M+ system was balanced for everyone, the scaling was perfect and you didn't have to farm for rep. The only thing that bfa does well is PvP, all the aspects of pvp are good. Everything else is terrible.

Use raider io take people who clear 8 to ten constantly. People suck filter them.

I think you just need to find a new game to be honest. You don't seem to be happy with any aspect and you're just settling on PVP. Why stick around at all?

Deleted
    Probably an American thing
    In Europe my groups wipe a lot and no one ever leaves

Edit: Oh wait...i only do dungeons with 4 premades and we only Pug the Tank my bad LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I want things my way, other people should do what I say
    When you pug content, this happens, it always has and always will. It happened all the way back in vanilla and TBC, BFA is no different. If you want a smoother experience, find a guild suitable for snowflakes.

i know the feeling i only do dungeons with friends, random people are just not so social , you see it also in warfront people clicking on minimap as if each click gives you 500 gold for free ..

So let me get this straight.

You're a loner. Playing a game that requires interaction with others.

You don't want to join a guild because it requires interaction and you think guilds are this toxic cesspool (it really isn't try looking better and stop making excuses.)

You then join PUGS expecting things to go smoothly? Do you go to MMO-C Off Topic to learn about the good things in the world too?

My dude BFA has several problems. Whether it be class design, content, time-gating, bugs, whatever. But this? This is on you.

Behavior is a big problem in any online game, be it LoL, DOTA, HOTS, Club Penguin etc. You can't escape it.

My legit advice to you is to find a guild, but I won't just say that. Find a good guild. And I don't mean a mythic raiding guild, I mean a guild that will actually accept you for being you. There are tons of them for people who just want to do M+ with a group of friends.

I've never been in a guild where people are constantly raging/criticizing/flaming.

If everyone you interact with is an asshole, maybe you should consider why this is happening to you and not most people.

Or just quit. Get over this addiction of a game that it clearly is to you(since you're around, ALONE, within a group-based game) and do something else? Play Witcher 3, you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Probably an American thing
    In Europe my groups wipe a lot and no one ever leaves

Edit: Oh wait...i only do dungeons with 4 premades and we only Pug the Tank my bad LOL
    Low item level though, probably running some weak ass keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i could be paid, to read even only titles of topics like that. I would be a milionare! In next 10 years i could be trilionare!

But on serious note.

Yep it is unfriendly for alts expac again, but this is Blizz politic tbh.

I've cleared normal Uldir and done most of Heroic in pugs. Plus pugged up to +7 keys and could probably do higher, and will this week.

Look for better players. Get raider.io and check scores.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I don't like to play in a guild setting because I rather not deal with people raging, criticizing, flaming or demanding anything from me, also I don't like to stick on a schedule or farming stuff. I like to create my groups and do my stuff the way I want to.

I haven't ever felt such frustration like in bfa. Legion was similar but it was nowhere as terrible. To summarize, I had a +7 shrine of the storm keystone and now it is down to +3 and that's funny but 4 times in a row people left AFTER the second boss. All of the runs were great and we even killed the second boss in that dungeon easily which is supposed to be the hardest part of that dungeon. The problem? at all 4 times something went wrong on the trash after the boss and many died, either a ninja pull or lack of interupt or whatever and every single time someone left the group, YES it happened 4 fucking times in a row, we didn't even miss the timer or anything yet people left.

Now I have lost the will to run this fucking dungeon anymore times, I already had to deal with +7 king rest first boss and improve my stone up from +4 x2 times, I rather not do it again. At this point, I rather have my stone getting depleted instead of downgraded, depletion still sucked but it was better. Is it hard for blizzard to reward player's effort and time? is it hard for them to understand the frustration we feel and the time we lose when a motherfucker ruins everyone?

Also I notice a terrible behavior from players on other aspects of the game, everyone leaves the group after 1-2 wipes even when it looks like the boss will die easily, PvP players flame A LOT. There is one reason all this shit happens, blizzard doesn't reward time and effort but instead it rewards accomplishment, also most of the aspects of the game are aids and that cause frustration to the players so if something goes wrong they just don't have the stamina to endure it because they don't enjoy the game to begin with. Everyone can just leave without a cost. Blizzard must punish the players who do this or at least reward
    those who tried.

I guess I will stick with pvp for this expansion because arena and rated bg are probably the only fun thing of this crappy game and very rewarding. I used to pug curves and very high m+ on legion, I did this since the launch of bfa too but both of those are aids now. Uldir is completely imbalanced and requires a different setup for each boss so you can't just bring 10 people and have fun like in legion, some bosses will be very hard or impossible for a pug with 10 people. Also M+ is one of the worst aids in the game, the early tyrannical/fortified in addition to the already failed mechanics (like downgrade) makes this aspect worse than ever.

All in all, Legion was a much better expansion, raids were balanced, the M+ system was balanced for everyone, the scaling was perfect and you didn't have to farm for rep. The only thing that bfa does well is PvP, all the aspects of pvp are good. Everything else is terrible.
    I reconize this behaviour. We even failed a +5 king's rest because non of the DPS (we were a healer/tank combo) was switching to the adds first boss (that is a insta wipe) and they kept doing this hence just leaving and our key downgrading.

However, I am slowly making a "fixed group". Not really a fixed group, because I play when I want to play, but with ppl I know in my friend list and that I know are doing a good job. I ask them if I am allowed to add them as friend, so we can team up more often if that is needed.

So now my evenings are like this. I invite my friend healer ( i say friend, but its my brother, but hey... he is both!) and then I ask my friend list if anyone wants to join. Eventually I get so many whispers that I dont need to pug anymore ( i hope )

This way i can play whenever I want with whoever I want. Because boyyyyyy, I saw 355+ dps just mindless DPSing a boss not regarding any tactics....

The skill cap for the average shitter in PuGs is a +3 or +4. It's a miserable fucking experience to try to push M+ without a reliable group of talented people to play with, consistently.

Apparently the only way to play now is to rely on some 3rd party website's rating of you and use their addon to filter everybody that doesn't have high enough reputation with that website. It's gearscore 2.0 on steriods. When did this game get so fucking stupid?

"lewl, sorry brah, you can't do any content because this website doesn't think highly enough of you. omegalewl!"

What a fucking community.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2018-09-13 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting Journey View Post
    People suck filter them.
    QOTD.

On topic, have you taken a step back and thought why this happens to you a lot and not others?
    I'm having a truly great time in BfA, my advice to you; do something you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I've cleared normal Uldir and done most of Heroic in pugs. Plus pugged up to +7 keys and could probably do higher, and will this week.

Look for better players. Get raider.io and check scores.
    I have done all of those too and I have the addons you mention but It's still aids though. I had to reform my group for hc several times after disbanding, I had to literally one shot devourer and vectis. If you don't get the kill within 2-3 tries then its over for the raid and the worse part is that you need lots of people, you can't just find 10 mature people and do it.

Dislikes social settings...does group content.....what?

I've usually had people be pretty damn determined to beat mythic+'s once we've started. Perhaps to their detriment, as people insist on dying to trash instead of letting me take 2 seconds to CC one. So almost the opposite problem to you.

Guild groups help.

You're kinda stuck with group content of either pugging and not having to worry about scheduling, or joining a guild and worrying slightly less about idiots and ill-motivated members who leave early.

Be glad the improved grouping system we've got now that we even have this choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If i could be paid, to read even only titles of topics like that. I would be a milionare! In next 10 years i could be trilionare!

But on serious note.

Yep it is unfriendly for alts expac again, but this is Blizz politic tbh.
    this is not about alts. if you want to be paid to read only title, try at least to do it right

My only advice i can give you is add the people you enjoy playing with. Luckily ive got a really good gild but u also have a m+ group from just adding people and asking if they wanna join when i run them.