Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    7th legion pretty much embodies the fact that blizzard has no idea what kind of universe they want warcraft to be.
    The Warcraft universe has always been a land of pop culture references and meme's before meme's were even meme's.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah you'd think they'd learn that lesson by now, and not shack up one of the most prominent night elf figures with a meme character. There isn't even any humour or wit in it; it's simply legit stupid.
    Shack up? They have a few lines about mutual respect and that's it. Then in the next mission with Rambo it's him and the gnome bonding over their love of knives and explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin;50110467[B
    ]Shack up? They have a few lines about mutual respect and that's it. [/B]Then in the next mission with Rambo it's him and the gnome bonding over their love of knives and explosives.
    You must've missed the "human potential" dialogue. Shandris is wet for Rambo.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. Jesus Christ, the last questline you get from them at revered had me facepalming so hard. They’re a bunch of idiots.

“The Horde can’t know we’re involved, so let’s use Void Magic and bombs with the Alliance logo proudly displayed upon them to sabotage their fleet! And while we’re at it let’s plant some on the wrong ships!”

They're a meme alright, especially with Rambo, the void elves sucking up and the armor-clad pandas patrolling about. It's like one of those military action movies from the 80s/90s. The Horde doesn't have it any better though. All you do is work with the crazed San'layn, reanimate corpses and fetch some more corpses from the bottom of the sea in order to reanimate them too. Ironically enough, it's also called Honorbound(more like Scourgebound lol), even though you execute Sylvanas' orders and we all know her position on "honor".

One is loaded with memes and the other is loaded with irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Welcome to wow, did you play vanilla, the stormwind military has always been a weird mix of modern military and medieval themes, its been this way since vanilla and In cata they really hit on it hard.
    It didn't do that until WotLK actually, when 7th Legion came about, it only got worse from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They're a meme alright, especially with Rambo, the void elves sucking up and the armor-clad pandas patrolling about. It's like one of those military action movies from the 80s/90s. The Horde doesn't have it any better though. All you do is work with the crazed San'layn, reanimate corpses and fetch some more corpses from the bottom of the sea in order to reanimate them too. Ironically enough, it's also called Honorbound(more like Scourgebound lol), even though you execute Sylvanas' orders and we all know her position on "honor".

Horde side you don't do anything with the Sanlayn, Horde side you actually go about trying to gain intelligence on Kul Tiras and an upper hand on the Alliance fleet, all without memes. Nor are most of your opening questlines, your side failing due to a complete lack of intelligence or foresight like the Alliance is.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I haven't been able to take the 7th Legion seriously at all. Misplaced modern military jargon, memes all over, constant movie quotes, fumbling around all over the place. I just can't see how blizzard could have thought them a serious faction in BfA, I can never take them seriously and they often times feel like they belong in another setting due to being a weird mix of modern military and medieval themes.
    Welcome to warcraft since warcraft 1?
    Remember how they had teleporters, shrink and growth devices, telepathic and mind controlling devices.
    planes, tanks, cars, and spaceships.
    remember how the game has always had jokes, memes, references, and "military jargon"

welcome to warcraft, a fantasy sci-fi series
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Horde side you don't do anything with the Sanlayn, Horde side you actually go about trying to gain intelligence on Kul Tiras and an upper hand on the Alliance fleet, all without memes. Nor are most of your opening questlines, your side failing due to a complete lack of intelligence or foresight like the Alliance is.
    I know we don't. I simply merged both sides' experiences into one story. What the Alliance experiences of the Horde is still canon, as is what the Horde experiences of the Alliance during their campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    7th legion ? More like meymey legion am i right or am i right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The Warcraft universe has always been a land of pop culture references and meme's before meme's were even meme's.
    this 10char/

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    You must've missed the "human potential" dialogue. Shandris is wet for Rambo.
    She's just trying to make physical use of him while he still got some collagen left in his skin's ECM. She knows the memelord won't be around for as long as she will.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Welcome to warcraft since warcraft 1?
    Remember how they had teleporters, shrink and growth devices, telepathic and mind controlling devices.
    planes, tanks, cars, and spaceships.
    remember how the game has always had jokes, memes, references, and "military jargon"

welcome to warcraft, a fantasy sci-fi series
    Those were largely the product of Gnomes though, who were being shown off as a joke race.

Mankind on the other hand, in WC1, was strictly medieval themed.

The issue here is that 7th Legion seems to be little else but military movie references and memes. It doesn't even try to be serious, and when it does it only does to make a movie reference.

Blizzard can't stand back and say they are trying to tell a story this time (as they have done) but then have the story focused around what is a giant joke. Yes the memes have always been there, but this is all about context and putting such things in the right place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    this 10char/
    That's a gross over simplification. Yes there have been jokes, but the jokes weren't a defining aspect of major storylines.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a gross over simplification. Yes there have been jokes, but the jokes weren't a defining aspect of major storylines.
    yeah no, you are new to wow then, there is many entire quest lines and lore moments that are just jokes...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account

You did not the Horde side of things, right?

The Horde players does not work with the Sanlayn in the questline, the only mission where you see them, is the mission where you pick up the corpse of Jaina's brother (and the other commander), and only after you go back up and they tell you that the Alliance attacked and destroyed one ship, and you see the Sanlayn in the ruined ship, you will only notice them if you swim to the burned ship.

The only bad part of the Horde one, is the name of the faction.

I actually like Wyrmbane. I think he's an interesting character.

Keeshan is god awful though. I wish he wasn't a part of the story. I would of rather had Grand Lector Enaara and her Horde torturing desires

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how goofy it all is. I don't think anyone could look at this game and take it very seriously in any aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah no, you are new to wow then, there is many entire quest lines and lore moments that are just jokes...
    Been with it since WC2, but if all you're going to do is be contrary as always then don't bother.

The Horde players didn't work with the Sanlayn, it's a weird disconnect.

With the Honorbound, you work with a few characters, Garona, Rexxar, Voss and some others and the most important corpse the Horde gets is Jaina's older brother which might have a potential impact on the story going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The only bad part of the Horde one, is the name of the faction.
    It's a name that is fitting for some of the characters involved, but it's not a name you'd think they'd choose. It's like someone took Rexxar, Garona and Voss and were like "Hey, they're kinda honorbound to help the Horde, lets call the entire group that!"

It's a really stupid name though and should have just been Korkron.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I actually like Wyrmbane. I think he's an interesting character.

Keeshan is god awful though. I wish he wasn't a part of the story. I would of rather had Grand Lector Enaara and her Horde torturing desires
    Amen bro, hell they could even brough that human hunter Tyraton the ex friend of Vol'jin to mock Nathanos and because he is possible one of the few humans that actually knows how the zandalaris think
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    It okays.

For example Honorbound are real joke too. Starting with its name.
    You are insufferable. The OP didn't even mention the Horde or its War Campaign yet you have to make it about them versus us. Why antagonize people like that?