Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    so? good for him for protesting the proper way but can we not have threads about 1 dude or themselves unsubbing?

What's wrong with shamans? And who is this?

See? We all live in different bubbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Nah, if you don't know who one of the leading theorycrafters for your class is, that's entirely on you.

10+ Year Old Account

The two DPS specs are both poor performing AND unfun to play. Enhance relies far too heavily on Stormstrike RNG to do passable damage (not great - passable) while Elemental is bland, boring, and also RNG based on Lava Flow procs...in addition Earth Shock only deals decent damage (the thing you build up all your Maelstrom for) if it crits and that doesn't always happen. Add onto that, Restoration is struggling in Mythic + because our ST heals are weak as hell and our raid spots are being lost because our niche (Stacked Healing) is the only time we deal comparable healing with the rest of the healers. Note I said comparable...during the times our niche should be shining. All in all this means that all of the specs feel weak right now and a lot of M+ people are ignoring shaman completely. Even as a 354 ilevel Resto shaman I get passed over quite frequently for anything over +6.

That's just a quick overview - there's a lot more detail than that but it covers some of it.

The guy is one of the top most respected shaman players and does theorycrafting for the class as a whole. His loss is gonna be pretty big for the shaman class.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-09-14 at 12:18 AM.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Well known Shaman Theorycrafter for Elemental in the shaman community and a moderator on the Discord Server aswell.
    Whats wrong with shamans... its easier to explain what ISN'T wrong with shamans... as a enhancement main: a shitton is wrong. The spec is just gutted beyond believe from its legion version, and Elemental is even worse when it comes to that. It all comes down from mechanical issues for both specs, up to damage numbers being extremely low and almost no survivability and utility. Most of the time the utility we have is worse than other classes which provide almost the same things we do, but better. Not to mention that we literally got told to go suck a dick until 8.1, together with the other classes that Blizzard "apparently" forgot.

Best thing was probably getting Nature Damage on Stormstrike, which made it extremely great, to just getting that reverted with no reason at all and getting just 2 (!) of our Artifact Weapon traits baked into the spec at the last second basically. It also took them quite a long time to actually change a talent that was useless for the entirety of legion while the community told them about that for ages, just to get it buffed last second. The only thing Blizzard did right with enhancement shamans at least, was making the LV100 Talents ALL viable for different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I was listening to the stream for Method and their Shaman player is doing the casting because...well he's not going into Uldir. They aren't bringing him. They were talking about the Shaman state and he even said "I really should have re-rolled...like really. But I love the class."
    That would have been Cayna. Before BFA released he was thinking VERY hard if he should reroll to monk if I remember that correctly, and in the end he didnt because he's been playing the same class for ages now. As a fellow enhancement shaman who is somewhat active on the shaman discord, its just sad to see.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I mean the game has two issues worth addressing (Azerite, M+ cache rewards.) and some minor issues.
    so this is the level of naivety it takes to enjoy the game now lol

probably going to pop with being that edgy though.

they're shit and did you even read the title?

his comments are way too harsh, especially on warfronts. He doesn't get the appeal, ok but don't spit on it like it's giving aids to half the world!
    I feel like there was a lack of class design and overhauls but you can't say the expansion was rushed!
    I didn't like the AP farm during legion and doing it again in Bfa gives me hell of a bad time and it shouldn't have come to this. But I'm not giving them the finger nonetheless! I'm an adult, I don't like something? then I don't do it but I don't take it personally like that...

I understand that it's frustrating but his reaction speaks volumes about how constructive a conservation would be with him participating...

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I feel like there was a lack of class design and overhauls but you can't say the expansion was rushed!
    why? it's a broken shit-heap with several systems malfunctioning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    his comments are way too harsh, especially on warfronts. He doesn't get the appeal, ok but don't spit on it like it's giving aids to half the world!
    I didn't like the AP farm during legion and doing it again in Bfa gives me hell of a bad time and it shouldn't have come to this. But I'm not giving them the finger nonetheless! I'm an adult, I don't like something? then I don't do it but I don't take it personally like that...

I understand that it's frustrating but his reaction speaks volumes about how constructive a conservation would be with him participating...
    Well maybe the shaman community is getting a bit tired of trying to be nice about it...

A LOT of feedback was posted in Beta about the shitty state of Shaman - other classes were getting tinkered with constantly while we sat waiting patiently and giving feedback. Suddenly it's near release and the class is still DESPERATELY in need of help and they come out with "whoops! Oh yeah...Shaman...uhhhhh we'll get to you in the 8.1 patch!"

Feels pretty bad.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fcpremix View Post
    so this is the level of naivety it takes to enjoy the game now lol
    Yes, reality is totally synonymous with naivety. Totally. Azerite needs to be made more interesting, M+ cache rewards need to be adjusted. If they want islands to be successful they need to adjust the rewards there, but that's not nearly as much of an issue as the other two.

People didn't understand what Warfronts were because reading is hard, no adjustments needed there.

Sorry that I'm fair and constructive in my criticism and don't just vomit kneejerk emotional responses about how the game is literally worse than it's ever been and the sky is falling. (I'm not actually sorry about that.)

Theorycrafters leave, and new ones take their place. The world didn't end and the game wasn't ruined when any others hung it up, why should it now? Especially one for one of the least played specs throughout WoW's history.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Yes, reality is totally synonymous with naivety. Totally. Azerite needs to be made more interesting, M+ cache rewards need to be adjusted. If they want islands to be successful they need to adjust the rewards there, but that's not nearly as much of an issue as the other two.

People didn't understand what Warfronts were because reading is hard, no adjustments needed there.

Sorry that I'm fair and constructive in my criticism and don't just vomit kneejerk emotional responses about how the game is literally worse than it's ever been and the sky is falling. (I'm not actually sorry about that.)

Theorycrafters leave, and new ones take their place. The world didn't end and the game wasn't ruined when any others hung it up, why should it now? Especially one for one of the least played specs throughout WoW's history.
    I'm not arguing the point you brought up but If you think those are the only "2 issues worth addressing" then we must be playing a different game.

The problem with warfronts aren't that people don't understand them, it's that people had hoped there would be a bit more to it, like I don't know actual war. I don't call a 20 minute fight you can't lose war or that interesting.

I only play my Shaman sparsely as an alt, but even I now that Ele Shaman is fucking garbage now.

It must be mentally draining to be a theorycrafter for a spec that Blizzard doesn't give two shits about for years.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yup and its working real well at the moment everyone is pissed and Ion is holding an AMA on reddit tomorrow to try quell the shitstorm coming.

blizzard themselves admitted shaman/priest dps is shit and needs a major rework for 8.1 so the community isn't wrong here blizzard agree, but why should we have to wait 6 months? we had beta, the guy in the OP gave tons of feedback and blizzard did nothing and fucked it all up.

so ignoring the playerbase is failing right now they might want to start listening and making some changes.
    I'm all for feedback. But that's not what this threat is. This threat is mouth-frothing "why do you do suck so much Blizz just do what we tell you and everything will be perfect and it would be so easy why don't you do it" rage.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    op paints a very good, brief picture of who the guy is and why we should all care about his departure (hint: blizzard being shitty about community feedback and failing to admit they suck at class design), but the usual yappies swarm in and practice their unfunny low effort meme replies.

you can tell the situation is pretty dire when the only white knight response you can see is "who's this" or "LOL it's just a spec that literally nobody plays WHO CARES"

ah, mmo champion, never change

He's absolutely spot on with azerite gear. The current system is bland, unenjoyable and I don't have a sense of progression, I'm being forced to use 325 items because the 340 one's I've had from mythics are not as good as my current, item level was supposed to be king but that aside, the traits themselves are not as interesting as the legendary effects or what we had with artefacts.

I'm seriously hoping 8.1 will be bringing a revamp because right now having to grind a ton of AP only to gain a 4k heal, isn't exciting, it isn't something I'm looking forward too.

Here's a good read from reddit if anyone cares: https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...g2&sh=8bad7e42

The azerite system has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Slanderman, a top Shaman theorycrafter, moderater of Earthshrine, "Storm, Earth and Lava" contributor, and one of the main shaman posters from the BFA Alpha and Beta, has posted on twitter that he has now quit the game, and provided a massive amount of feedback as to why in a Google document.

During the BFA's time on the PTR, Slanderman was one of the most consistent voices for changes to Shamans, providing constant feedback and the full reasoning behind any changes he suggested. Like every other Shaman who participated in Alpha and Beta, his feedback was completely ignored.

I highly recommend that anyone who thinks people are "just whining" give Slanderman's breakdown of issues with BFA a read, because, as with all his other feedback, Slanderman is thorough on his breakdown of what the issues are, and how those issues are driving away players.
    Tl;dr on the google docs wall of text:

1. I quit because I don't have all the passives from the end of Legion, only some that come from the azerite armor and I need to unlock them just like I had to unlock the artifact but that I forgot therefore boo hoo.

2. Shaman is shit and I'm unable to play any other class. Also I manage a Discord server so I'm an important person. Class buffs are completely unique and don't come in form of scrolls I can buy on the AH. Oh wait they do, I'm a fucking retard.

3. I don't like forced personal loot.

4. I don't like warfronts.

5. One boss has a visual that makes it hard to see where he casts a spell.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nah, if you don't know who one of the leading theorycrafters for your class is, that's entirely on you.
    its on him/her how ? that he/she is enjoying the game instead bitching like child about each 1% of perfromance ?

99% of people never visits forums and still enjoy the hell out of game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The problem with warfronts aren't that people don't understand them, it's that people had hoped there would be a bit more to it, like I don't know actual war. I don't call a 20 minute fight you can't lose war or that interesting.
    then people are idiots who should stop hyping up early acces for streamers and take the game for what it is.

you dont like feature A or B ? dont fucking use it its this simple.

people bitching about lack of content ? likfe for real ? people bitching that previous expansions had more "content " ? what more content ? they mean those 5 dailies for golden lotus in MoP ? or 5 dailies in molten front in cata ? realy that was "more content" just because it gave you hc raid quality loot?

what more did you people expect ? you have mythic + and raid while casuals have lfr , WQ , warfront and island expeditions what more do you people want from this game ? to fill the hole in shallow and hollow everyday existence ? to give you source of purpose for life ? get real WoW is just a game it never was anything more or less. you made it into artificial 2nd life its your problem not game's