Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Wait, really? Considering the alternative is "rep past exalted is literally pointless", I'm not sure what the hate for it is.
    Probably the RNG aspects of the cache. Personally I think if the rewards were less RNG and more guaranteed then paragon rep would of been more fondly remembered.

My idea for paragon rep in the past was to do it in a tier level fashion. Each level of paragon rep would have rewards to it like for example tier 1 would give an heirloom armor token allowing it to be boosted to 120, tier 2 a weapon heirloom boosting token, tier 3, a rep faction specific item, tier 4 a mount and tier 5 a repeatable to infinity gold tier or something like that. Obviously the items can be improved upon but the basics would boil down to the following points.

*Guaranteed non rng rewards
    *Something OPTIONAL (not player power) to work towards so no one feels "forced"
    *Something that is endless without feeling punishing.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Of all the answers he/they could give, "Wait" is the worst one. They act like they know what we should find fun and disregard all the feedback we have given yet again. This is not a good sign for the leadership at the head of BfA. My takeaway from the whole AMA is a lot of "wait and see" which to me says "Give us more money and find out". I don't think that is a winning formula. I certainly don't plan on waiting if what we have now is all there is until the "find out" part comes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    what was artifact weapons then if not a rehashed path of the titans?
    fuck they're still better then this garbage minor perk shit az turned out to be.
    T...they were nothing like path of the titans.
    path of the titans had shit like increased herbalisim, increased bandage healing
    also artifact weapons had less choice then our current azerite does.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also artifact weapons had less choice then our current azerite does.
    Yeah! You can choose either the neutral power, or the spec specific power! TWO whole options! And the best part is for classes like Mages all the spec specific powers except one for each spec are fucking worthless garbage, so you don't have to waste time thinking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mchamster View Post
    Of all the answers he/they could give, "Wait" is the worst one. They act like they know what we should find fun and disregard all the feedback we have given yet again. This is not a good sign for the leadership at the head of BfA. My takeaway from the whole AMA is a lot of "wait and see" which to me says "Give us more money and find out". I don't think that is a winning formula. I certainly don't plan on waiting if what we have now is all there is until the "find out" part comes.
    Yeah I agree it is a bad answer but the wait for patch 8.1 info is this Tuesday.

As for leadership...I think past WoW lead devs would have hot fixed most of these issues instead of waiting for a major patch IMVHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    More "We need to do better" nonsense. Ugh.

Oh, wait, they didn't get my money. I'm just gonna sit here and laugh at his ham fisted attempts to placate his angry customers. There's still plenty of dumpster left to burn!
    They said the same thing at the end of WoD and Legion was absolutely better. IN general when they say they will do better its a sign that they actually will. Im 100% sure now that they are not going to abandon the expansion like WoD. If that were the case they could have said nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh if 8.1 has decent content like a filler raid or new dungeon among other things I'll stick around.

If it's another 6.1 then hell no.

They've proven they can deliver content at a decent pace with Legion. Just hope they can continue that at least. Karazhan was a pretty good Mythic dungeon and ToV for a filler raid was ok.

Nice to see 8.1 info coming this Tuesday though at least.
    I mean.. not really.. Broken shore was legit trash. That was the worst X.2 zone we ever had (besides mage tower instances). But I forgive them on that because Argus was basically half an expansion release if not more in art assets and content. Not to mention Suramar and the questline involved. Broken shore was basically the red-headed step child of legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah I agree it is a bad answer but the wait for patch 8.1 info is this Tuesday.

As for leadership...I think past WoW lead devs would have hot fixed most of these issues instead of waiting for a major patch IMVHO.
    I mean Tuesday is just the 'info' on 8.1. When will it drop? A month? Following Legion's 77 days formula, that puts 8.1 at 10/30. I won't wait that long. There isn't enough enjoyable content for me to waste time on until then. I doubt it will be ready by then anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should add Paragon levels to rep. Up to 50. 2500 rep per paragon level. Every 5 levels you get a major reward. Pet. At 20 and 40 you get mounts. At 50 you get a title. Paragon of the Nightborne etc. Every 1 level you get a box with ap, gold, prof mats, resources, and currency. There is now a Paragon vender for all factions. Spend currency on prof mats, boa rep tokens, 1 pet for every faction. 1-2 really epic store quality mounts. Currency is Boa so you can workd towards the mounts on alts.

I'm a big fan of WoW, but i was disappointed in this.

He seemed to miss the entire point that Azerite armor isn't popular at all, the neck is boring, nerfing the strong traits will not make the weak ones feel any more 'fun', and that the azerite neck/armor system is a GIGANTIC step backwards from Legion's artifact weapons.

Even worse than that... they're boring. Absolutely boring.

I'm a MT in a good guild and not gonna make one of those "I'm quitting waa waa" posts but i gotta admit, BFA has been a major downgrade from legion for me. Lack of creativity, lack of options, lack of fun. Seems like this isn't the same team that made Legion

Shadow priest and shamans HELLOOO?

IM-.........

yikes imagine white knighting for 20 pages and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Wait, really? Considering the alternative is "rep past exalted is literally pointless", I'm not sure what the hate for it is.
    Because a vast majority of the people that post on these forums and still play the game are neurotic and if there's a thing in the game that exists they cannot help themselves from doing it and for some reason it's Blizzard's fault they lack self-control.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Because a vast majority of the people that post on these forums and still play the game are neurotic and if there's a thing in the game that exists they cannot help themselves from doing it and for some reason it's Blizzard's fault they lack self-control.
    Where do you get off mocking people like that? Are you trying to just feel superior to others or something? Or is not one allowed to complain without your permission?

People articulated their problem just fine: To them it feels pointless to have followers idle in the first month of content.

You're probably new but in Legion when you got passed exalted you would start grinding towards, basically, a loot bag. Part of the frustration here is when they get neat things in the game, they (the devs) get an erection for removing them. There are many examples of this.

phew - after reading "that" Blizz can take BfA and put it where the sun doesnt shine. In all those years i never felt so much dissapointment - not even WoD was THIS bad. Ion is in total denial mode and given the answers i have no hope that it will change in a way i will like it.
    I understand that many might be satisfied or even thrilled by his answers... i am just baffled by these "non answers but lots of words" kinda thing.

Whatever 8.1 may change i honestly dont believe it will be enough to stop the monstrous amount of complaints.
    Last edited by Cab; 2018-09-15 at 03:37 AM.

We got "lawyered" by Ion, as usual.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like we're getting some lower simming azerite traits buffed, and replaced. Sounds good. And I'm guessing those datamined warfronts are reality, as he says there will be multiple active at the same time. Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    Well looks like we're getting some lower simming azerite traits buffed, and replaced. Sounds good. And I'm guessing those datamined warfronts are reality, as he says there will be multiple active at the same time. Interesting stuff.
    By the time Warfront 2 will be released - Warfront 1 is already obsolete which means we have to wait again or do obsolete stuff over and over and over and over again.
    They should have popped 3 of them to begin with and THEN add 1 with every patch, that would have made sense...but like they handle it now, its just ridiculous.

And even then we would hit the waiting time because those first 3 would be obsolete. There is just 1 solution for this problem. Reduce the downtime!

Once again he sidesteps the question of what are the devs going to do to implement options for visually impaired players with options for like bigger fonts for quest text, achievement text WITHOUT resorting to bloated addons for that 1 functionality.

And please no one say "UI Scaling" because that makes EVERYTHING larger and I don't want every single thing taking over my screen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    Yeah! You can choose either the neutral power, or the spec specific power! TWO whole options! And the best part is for classes like Mages all the spec specific powers except one for each spec are fucking worthless garbage, so you don't have to waste time thinking about it!
    Two options x 4
    better then no choices at all, which the artifacts had no choice at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilynne View Post
    Once again he sidesteps the question of what are the devs going to do to implement options for visually impaired players with options for like bigger fonts for quest text, achievement text WITHOUT resorting to bloated addons for that 1 functionality.

And please no one say "UI Scaling" because that makes EVERYTHING larger and I don't want every single thing taking over my screen.
    There is addons for that.
    or simply turn up the UI scale so all the fonts are larger to pair.

Or get glasses.
    how do you avoid small spells when youcant read text?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-09-15 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content