Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Malfurion uses the wisps to kill Archimonde and create a wall made out of it during War of Thorns. The whisps are the spirit of deceased Night Elves which didn't turned into Banshees or Specters.

None in the WoW NPC ever was able to use the spirit of the dead as a proven destructive weapon to those who are living. Only Malfurion mastered such feat.
    He doesn't use or control wisps, wisps have their own thoughts and their own abilities to do what they want. He asks them to build the wall to stop the Horde advancement. He communes with them telling them that they need help against Archimonde, and they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

He does commune with elemental spirits and his orc ancestors
    which is the technical definition of necromancy, it's even what necromancer actually means.
    but since we all talk to the dead throughout our questing, even permanently unlocking the ability to always see them in outland, all our Player characters are necromancers in addition to their combat class and trade professions.
    Last edited by Malikath; 2018-09-15 at 04:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    which is the technical definition of necromancy, it's even what necromancer actually means.
    but since we all talk to the dead throughout our questing, even permanently unlocking the ability to always see them in outland, all our Player characters are necromancers in addition to their combat class and trade professions.
    So we do have a hero class of Necromancers in WoW already. Necromancy and necromantic energy requires life above all or someone/thing that used to live.

If they do indeed display and exercise free will or independence, there should be a few wisps continuing what they are doing on their own.Circling around a tree, roaming around an area , etc. Have you seen Darkshore town becoming a "ghost town" as the fresh corpse of Night Elves there suddenly disappeared but streams of wisps are rallying at Malfurion's way point?
    They are nature spirits, and there was a really nature-y reason for them to rally - of course they all came... to once again go back to the soldiers example, if a dangerous enemy shows up to kill the king, ALL of his soldiers nearby are going to try and help. Free will doesn't mean some of them will look up, shrug, and go back to playing cards.

Please take a step back and realize how desperately you are reaching here. You're saying that because nature spirits came to the aid of a DRUID to defeat a powerful foe, that druid has necromantic secrets.

Come on man... drop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean that's what I was implying. All of the Kalimdor banshees were from other sources.
    I know, I was assisting. The argument was pointless.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Are you getting tilted by now?
    Nah, i just find it funny that you just keep proving your ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, totally. You are correct. What you wrote on the first page in this thread is nice reading. It's just weird to see you come with all that after bashing the Night Elves and their relations to the nature before, to come with all that. Maybe I was just projecting things before
    There is a diffrence betwen not liking something and being completely ignorant about it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Your quote refers to wisps as having their own will numerous times, and also suggests that all night elves can entreat them for assistance, it isn't a unique power to malfurion. Whether or not he is the only one able use the horn of cenarius isn't really important.
    If they did have indeed their own will then why does the Darnassian wisp didn't act on their own to douse the flame and use themselves to save the living? How do you explain that?

Why didn't they go "repair" mode instead and go near damaged structures or the tree itself to prevent further damage?
    - - - Updated - - -

They are nature spirits, and there was a really nature-y reason for them to rally - of course they all came... to once again go back to the soldiers example, if a dangerous enemy shows up to kill the king, ALL of his soldiers nearby are going to try and help. Free will doesn't mean some of them will look up, shrug, and go back to playing cards.

Please take a step back and realize how desperately you are reaching here. You're saying that because nature spirits came to the aid of a DRUID to defeat a powerful foe, that druid has necromantic secrets.

Come on man... drop it.

- - - Updated - - -

Druid controls nature and part of Nature is predation. Part of it is the cycle of decay. Do you honestly believe it is in the area of nature/life magic to use "a deceased disembodied Nightelf in incorporeal form" to have influence over it for a specific personal reason and purpose. Druids doesn't deal with the dead with regards to nature magic and that is one of their core concept.

Your undead doesn't always mean zombies, ghouls, and wights.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is a diffrence betwen not liking something and being completely ignorant about it.
    That is very true.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He doesn't use or control wisps, wisps have their own thoughts and their own abilities to do what they want. He asks them to build the wall to stop the Horde advancement. He communes with them telling them that they need help against Archimonde, and they do.
    So Malfurion just dropped by the area and the wisp all agreed fuck who needs that druid douchebag let's all make a wall made out of ourselves so we can turn these horde Invaders to crisp. Was that how it went?

- - - Updated - - -

Come on man... drop it.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was pointless and you see fit that there is NO POINT of discussion it further, why not prevent yourself and your itchy fingers from typing and commenting hmm?

Aren't they your "nature spirits" that are just the same in Darnassus that when they see the area and "natural folage-the forest" is burning they retreat and fallback from defensive stance/wall of deadly wisp into tree-hugging save the trees activity?

Please do tell me that the newly created wisp in Auberdine are much more intelligent and willful than your wisp in Darnassus. That they are independent or they have will of their own if you don't want the "idle stance and I don't care attitude" excuse.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 07:25 PM.

So Malfurion just dropped by the area and the wisp all agreed fuck who needs that druid douchebag let's all make a wall made out of ourselves so we can turn these horde Invaders to crisp. Was that how it went?
    well, he is basically the pontiff of the pantheon of the wild gods of hyjal.

As a player, you call the wisps out of the dead bodies in Astranaar, not Malfurion. He asks for their help to keep the Horde out, the wisps are the ancestors of the current, living Night Elves, they want their family, friends, and future to continue to stay alive, so they help WILLINGLY and sacrifice themselves WILLINGLY to protect what they love.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    well, he is basically the pontiff of the pantheon of the wild gods of hyjal.
    So basically he has influence and authority over the wisp since it is one of their wild gods. A wisp is an undead, living as an incorporeal being but not considered alive by natural definition. There is a form of influence and thus control whether it is direction or not. They may opt to disregard Malfurion and as if they have any other choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    As a player, you call the wisps out of the dead bodies in Astranaar, not Malfurion. He asks for their help to keep the Horde out, the wisps are the ancestors of the current, living Night Elves, they want their family, friends, and future to continue to stay alive, so they help WILLINGLY and sacrifice themselves WILLINGLY to protect what they love.
    Granting the premise of your thought and validity of your statement, IF they are willing to protect their living loved ones why not sacrifice themselves to extinguish the flames engulfing Darnassus? Since if you assume they have will of their own and cognizant of their actions, they know there wouldn't be any trade off in sacrificing themselves to Kil the fire. There has to be a command or order made into them thus there is someone in a role of a superior for them to do things otherwise the wisp in Darnassus handled everything by themselves and the Burning of Teldrassil wouldn't even happen.

The key concept of necromancy like other school of magic is influence and control like Shamans in connection with the elemental realm,entities and power.

- - - Updated - - -

The only person who attributes any "control" is OP.
    con·trol
    kənˈtrōl/
    noun
    the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events.
    "the whole operation is under the control of a production manager"
    synonyms: jurisdiction, sway, power, authority, command, dominance, government, mastery, leadership, rule, sovereignty, supremacy, ascendancy;

I may not be an American English nor a British but even with English as my second language do get the meaning of a word in a snap.

There is the verb form of control as well..

VERB
    1with object Determine the behaviour or supervise the running of.

‘he was appointed to control the company's marketing strategy’
    More example sentencesSynonyms
    1.1 Maintain influence or authority over.
    ‘there were never enough masters to control the unruly mobs of boys’
    More example sentences
    1.2 Limit the level, intensity, or numbers of.
    ‘he had to control his temper’

Now tell every lexicographer and maker of dictionaries that they are delusional with how they perceive the word "control".
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

con·trol
    kənˈtrōl/
    noun
    the power to influence or direct people's behavior or the course of events.
    "the whole operation is under the control of a production manager"
    synonyms: jurisdiction, sway, power, authority, command, dominance, government, mastery, leadership, rule, sovereignty, supremacy, ascendancy;

I may not be an American English nor a British but even with English as my second language do get the meaning of a word in a snap.
    Do co-workers control each other ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do co-workers control each other ?
    So Malfurion and the wisp are co-workers now that we end up in this "company setting and heirarchy"?

Perhaps you need to ask a friend or your parents what encapsulates the meaning,scope and essence of control because I'm not sure how rich your vocabulary is and you're taking the qouted definition in a corporate setting.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Malfurion and the wisp are co-workers now that we end up in this "company setting and heirarchy"?

Perhaps you need to ask a friend or your parents what encapsulates the meaning,scope and essence of control because I'm not sure how rich your vocabulary is and you're taking the qouted definition in a corporate setting.
    No. Malfurion asks wisps to help. And they decide to do it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Malfurion asks wisps to help. And they decide to do it.
    He said "please" come "help" me. Was that it?
    Or was it,I need your aid so help me quickly.
    I may not be able to participate in the pre-patch event for the BfA launch, the War of Thorns,but that doesn't prevent me from grasping the whole picture of what's happening.

You don't even need to log-in and play the game itself since the net will just spoon feed you with relevant info if you tap into your researcher/detective/data miner side.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-15 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said "please" come "help" me. Was that it?
    Or was it,I need your aid so help me quickly.
    I may not be able to participate in the pre-patch event for the BfA launch, the War of Thorns,but that doesn't prevent me from grasping the whole picture of what's happening.

You don't even need to log-in and play the game itself since the net will just spoon feed you with relevant info if you tap into your researcher/detective/data miner side.
    Dude no offense, but you are the one who is trying to push groundbreaking theory that completely changes how night elves are.

And your arguments are...well...weak.

Nah, i just find it funny that you just keep proving your ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Hence you still reject the idea that resurrection exists for the sake of being contrarian, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

If they did have indeed their own will then why does the Darnassian wisp didn't act on their own to douse the flame and use themselves to save the living? How do you explain that?

Why didn't they go "repair" mode instead and go near damaged structures or the tree itself to prevent further damage?
    - - - Updated - - -

Druid controls nature and part of Nature is predation. Part of it is the cycle of decay. Do you honestly believe it is in the area of nature/life magic to use "a deceased disembodied Nightelf in incorporeal form" to have influence over it for a specific personal reason and purpose. Druids doesn't deal with the dead with regards to nature magic and that is one of their core concept.

Your undead doesn't always mean zombies, ghouls, and wights.
    Ok, now you're completely leaving the lore of Warcraft and heading into random mythology, your argument might hold like... a TINY bit of weight if we were talking Dungeons and Dragons or something, but this is WoW and the rules are clearly defined. Your most recent arguments are entirely your own fanfiction and personal views on the nature of darkness. This has no basis in WoW lore.

/Shrug, guess I'm done here.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Hence you still reject the idea that resurrection exists for the sake of being contrarian, right?
    Oh no i don't reject idea of resurrection. Just your "ressurection spell that fails 100% of time but somehow creates vengeful spirits that just so happen to attack your enemy" idea. Because to be fair, its one of the dumbest ways i seen anyone try to whitewash alliance. And i seen alot of dumb ways people tried to whitewash alliance.

Granting the premise of your thought and validity of your statement, IF they are willing to protect their living loved ones why not sacrifice themselves to extinguish the flames engulfing Darnassus? Since if you assume they have will of their own and cognizant of their actions, they know there wouldn't be any trade off in sacrificing themselves to Kil the fire. There has to be a command or order made into them thus there is someone in a role of a superior for them to do things otherwise the wisp in Darnassus handled everything by themselves and the Burning of Teldrassil wouldn't even happen.
    ...They're wisps, made of Ethereal Energy. They're not made of Water, please tell me you aren't this unversed in Lore while attempting to make a Lore point.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.