Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Is the hand signal rumor real? How could it even benefit the player?
    Any player and their coach can come up with a system before match time ie. thumbs up means attack your opponent's backhand more, thumbs down means exploit lack of speed with a dropshot, fake yawn means prolong rallies as often as possible, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't fucking wait to read about here getting barred from Tennis. She deserves to GET THROWN THE FUCK OUT! For that extreme display of unprofessionalism. She cheated, couch admitted to it. Then broke the rules. Got held accountable. Then went bananas and broke the rules again. Got held accountable.

This is not sexism or racism. This is a child throwing a tantrum because she got held accountable for breaking the rules and couldn't be an ADULT and admit she made a mistake and learn from it.

Seriously does NO ONE CARE SHE BROKE THE RULES?
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

LOL Serena McEnroe

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Competition can be emotional, and I don't blame Serena Williams for passionate outbursts. She's human.

But the way the crowd booed Osaka and made her cry receiving her award, that was a really low mark for the sport.
    Meet Carlos Dunlap: Defensive End for the Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-...e-turning-play

Carlos watched opposing players get away with illegal hits/contact on his quarterback, Andy Dalton, for the majority of Sunday's football game. Then, when he made a game changing sack on Andrew Luck, the refs flagged him for "roughing the passer". 2 plays later, he got another sack that put the colts out of field goal range, which proved to be pivotal in the Bengals' comeback victory.

This is a textbook example of how to handle a questionable call against you during a professional competition where emotions are high: Channel your anger and frustration into something productive. This is how I and other athletes were taught to handle situations like that in HS. I imagine the expectations and standards only increase when you're in the pros.

Serena Williams didn't do that. Instead, she had a bitch-fit and allowed her emotions to dig herself in a bigger hole than she was already in, and instead of taking responsibility for it, she used the gender card to deflect from her shitty behavior.

Be like Carlos, Dacien. Be like Carlos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Anyway, this is what went down:

But I guess that doesn't fit into y'all racist narratives.
    Before her bitch-like behavior off the court and after her bitch-like behavior on the court.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually it is a gender thing because people's reaction to this, calling it a tantrum, is completely different to what men do, even far worse things.

Also some racism, cuz people are always super resentful when black people are successful.

Shit like this is why people call racism.
    ANd who is to say the same audiecnes give male players a pass?

I can think of several players across all sports that were male and mocked and ridiculed for their meltdowns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    I don't know man, I feel bad for Osaka, but I can see why the crowd booed. She won on a technicality it seems. Even if the coach was cheating (which he admitted), that wouldn't have been Serena's fault unless she knew he was going to make the motions beforehand. When she broke the racket, instead of a penalty she lost a point because of her coach making a gesture presumably without her knowing. Seems the problem is with the rules themselves.

Osaka handled it all very well though, and so did Serena in the end.

Osaka was kicking her ass well before the coaching call was made.

I admit I don't watch tennis that much, but why would a coach bother sending hand-signals to coach if the player wasn't expecting them?
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2018-09-12 at 02:44 AM.

Truth
    (image)
    Google "sports meltdowns" and see how many women you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Ha ha ha now meltdown is triggering, glad media is still calling it a temper tantrum and an absolute dummy spit, she deserves to be laughed at for being such a crybaby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth
    Well let us take a look at the Top 10 Sports Meltdowns from Watchmojo (because its one of the most popular sources), definitely classified as meltdowns. Your thesis should verify that every spot on that list is a female athlete... so lets count: there is none. Its a lie. She is telling lies. In fact it took me quite a while to find another reference to meltdowns and female sportsman, ironically also about Serena Williams. The claim is simply wrong.

And yes im beating a dead horse here, but people just keep popping up claiming that it was sexism or even racism. And yes, maybe Mouratoglou had the thinking process: "She is just a woman, she needs my coaching" therefore provoking the first warning, and maybe Wilson Company had the thought: "She is just a woman, we have to make her racket lightweight (therefore more fragile) so she can lift it" or "A racket in a black persons hand is a weapon, it should break more easily" it doesnt matter, there goes the second warning... and then ofc Ramos thought: "pah woman, they talk too much." another warning.

All those theories sound very convincing but the problem is: The argument that she, as the favorite in front of a home crowd about to write histoy after maternal struggles and whatever problems, was just under immense stress and lost her temper because she was losing, sounds a bit more reasonable to me than: Ramos hates female black tennis players and thats why he made a female black tennis player win the tournament by force, all the while Serena was angelic and didnt do nothing wrong. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well go talk to baseball umpires and thier strike zones.
    Apples to oranges. The strike zone is subjective, whereas a game like tennis has lines painted on the court to show what is out of bounds and devices that can tell whether a ball is in or out of bounds. Even in baseball, when an umpire has say a lower strike zone than others, it is fine as long as he/she calls that same strike zone for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Apples to oranges. The strike zone is subjective, whereas a game like tennis has lines painted on the court to show what is out of bounds and devices that can tell whether a ball is in or out of bounds. Even in baseball, when an umpire has say a lower strike zone than others, it is fine as long as he/she calls that same strike zone for both teams.
    Yea but they weren't arguing the lines on the tennis court also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The times just published an article containing exhaustive research about whether men or women are penalized more. Shocker: men are penalized way more in almost every category.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/14/s...gtype=Homepage
    I have 1 issue with that research: They only list the individual cases by amount. They don't check wether the same amount of offenses results in more or less punishment for 1 of the genders, and even then it would still need to be a case-by-case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

No, the point is not invalid. What kind of bs excuse is that? Men routinely have cussed judges without penalty. She got one for calling the judge a thief.
    Calling a referee a thief is much more serious than calling them a cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Trassk; 2018-09-16 at 01:12 AM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    You can when men tennis players do and say worse things without repercussions. That was kind of her entire point - double standards by judges.
    Which is completely untrue.

Here's a good breakdown of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Calling a referee a thief is much more serious than calling them a cunt.
    If it was a white woman calling a black referee a thief, that would be seen as racist. Basically everything is racist when it comes from straight white people, especially men, and the worst, most rude behaviour is ok if it comes from women/ethnic minorities, etc.

Serena acted like a spoiled little child, it was embarrassing to see.
    Last edited by mmoc2630977891; 2018-09-15 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    yeah what's with this female, completely out of hand.

"John McEnroe’s outbursts throughout the Wimbledon of 1981 made his reputation as the enfant terrible of the tennis world."

Completely different time and era. Are you dumb? It's not even a close comparison as the time frame is so far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    For example, I'm a teacher. I have low achieving kids who will 100% try to cheat on the quiz I'm giving on Monday. If and when I catch them, I'll probably give them a less severe punishment than if I caught one of my high achievers cheating. My expectations are lower.
    Yeah that's actually 100% against my morals.
    You're a teacher. Your job is to educate, and you're now educating a person that they can get away with fraud if they set low expectations.
    Not only that, but a teacher is supposed to be fair and consistent. And then there's ofcourse the school-rules.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you have a clue what the term meltdown means. She was 100% correct in everything she said.

You can when men tennis players do and say worse things without repercussions. That was kind of her entire point - double standards by judges.
    Except objective research has proven that the opposite is true, and that it's the women who get away with worse without repercussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I think everyone's entitled to a meltdown every once and a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think everyone's entitled to a meltdown every once and a while.
    not in public places. If a child was having this kind of a meltdown, we'd expect the parents to get control of their screaming brat.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    top number 1 australian news paper

-Proffesional Necromancer-

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    lol... why is she portrayed that way?