Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta for Azerite : The Gatening

Today is popcorn and butter day for me.

It is going to be very, very interesting.

Lets hope that he doesn't say patch 8.1 is delayed till after Blizz con.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Lets hope that he doesn't say patch 8.1 is delayed till after Blizz con
    It's going to be December/Jan for 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    It's going to be December/Jan for 8.1.
    Those are the rumors swirling from my sources but I am holding out that this is not true and based upon speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    You were calling me a joke?

Source https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._ama_with_ion/
    I like how you back up your posts with facts and links. Well done. +1

Deleted
    Ama done, key core issues not addressed. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Countless times players had shown how they had better grasp of their classes then the devs and they even had to admit that they were wrong and then changed the classes/speccs accordingly
    I think what a lot of white knights and Blizzard super-fanatics forget is that in some cases players have been playing their class for the better part of 15 years(if you count early vanilla alpha/beta). While players don't have access to the same kinds of data as Blizzard does with their internal systems, players DO have VERY good tools for measuring performance and balance.

Logs and sims are a thing. Temper that with over a decade of experience with the various classes in all kinds of situations and environments(PVP, raids, dungeons, etc) and players can have a VERY good idea of how things should be working, and when they're not.

The idea that only the devs know what's best, and only the devs can have valid opinions on anything related to the game is pure fanaticism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Beta for Azerite : The Gatening
    BFAFK if you count warmodes. ;D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The problem spans across all of Blizzard's products. The product line as whole has been underwhelming. Wow lost a lot of subs, Starcraft had a lot of problems, Diablo stunk.
    You mean how
    Wow reached a record sale for BFA
    how overwatch took FPS by storm and has become the most well known FPS, and to this day still has tons of players (Counter strike will always be the face of more hardcore, but overwatch took the world by storm, and other then some very recent releases, and... fortnite... has always been the most viewed FPS on twitch)
    How hearthstone has always been in the tip top of twitch, and has an insane amount of players, how heros of the storm hit a new side of Moba's even leading to their competitors changing a few things to help compete, it never outranked dota or lol
    How starcraft 2 was an overwhelmingly amazing success but oh yeah like 10 years later has teetered off, but still pulls great numbers
    and how diablo 3 has alwauys done very well, other then a few kinks
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    This will go the same way as WOD went, 2 raid tiers and an upcoming great expansion by team a

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think what a lot of white knights and Blizzard super-fanatics forget is that in some cases players have been playing their class for the better part of 15 years(if you count early vanilla alpha/beta). While players don't have access to the same kinds of data as Blizzard does with their internal systems, players DO have VERY good tools for measuring performance and balance.

Logs and sims are a thing. Temper that with over a decade of experience with the various classes in all kinds of situations and environments(PVP, raids, dungeons, etc) and players can have a VERY good idea of how things should be working, and when they're not.

The idea that only the devs know what's best, and only the devs can have valid opinions on anything related to the game is pure fanaticism.

- - - Updated - - -

BFAFK if you count warmodes. ;D
    Sadly that´s what many white Knight don´t get.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    One man cannot be in charge of a whole mmo, he might be the game director but that doesn't mean he's supposed to know every single number belonging to every single class.
    Careful there. You are talking common sense which is something these lunatics do not possess. These people have no grasp of what really happens they make it all up in their how everything happens so they have someone to blame in their small limited minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesia View Post
    Careful there. You are talking common sense which is something these lunatics do not possess. These people have no grasp of what really happens they make it all up in their how everything happens so they have someone to blame in their small limited minds.
    But he IS in charge of the whole of WoW. He might not personally know literally all the details, but every pixel by the art team and every number by the design team has to be signed off by him first.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Honestly the expansion is a hot mess, everything outside of the raid feels terrible imho. Islands suck, Warfronts suck, M+ is way easier than in Legion, Azerite Armor is boring, Azerite Power feels awful, and WQs are artificially longer to make you play longer. I don't even want to get into the shit show that classes are in right now.
    Pretty much this.

True, since 7.2 and afterwords it has been a rough ride. Good post by the way and you are a valuable member of the community, so well done. +1
    Is this a joke or are you autofellating your alt account?

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    But he IS in charge of the whole of WoW. He might not personally know literally all the details, but every pixel by the art team and every number by the design team has to be signed off by him first.
    That's not how it works in most cases at all. Game director is responsible for the marketing, supervises the whole thing, makes decisions regarding the game's direction, and gives out tasks to senior/lead designers/producers. Gamedirs don't micro-manage anything.

And said senior/lead designers/producers of each aspect of the game, e.g, encounter design, profession design, etc, are the ones who actually shape up features they're told to work on, they decide how they do it. Quite often producers have almost ultimate creative control over their domains, the only time gamedir gets involved is when producers need to get their major ideas/features approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, we did, it happens every expansion, nothing to see there, moving on.

Damn, so much lunacy from OP, starting from "gear doesn't make you better 'cuz scaling" to "BfA is shit, because of time gating". It's like he lost his ability to process reality
    I used to call MMO Champion the "Sanctum of depressed hardcore WoW nerds with My Little Pony avatars" back in the day due to this phenomenon, but I must say that the negativity seems unusually high this time around even for this forum. I have enough free time to subscribe again since WoD and I'm kind of torn on whether or not it's actually worth it...

Monks are nose diving in terms of particpation because of the heavy handed pruning in BFA. Same thing happened with Sub in Legion and they finally listened to players and caused the mid expansion Sub rework.

Players 99% know more about classes than the devs. Tigole and Alex both were prominent players back in the Everquest days and how they became the original devs for vanilla WoW.

Want to try that argument again?
    Tigole and Alex were the top 1% of the community. I don't know them well but I highly doubt they were whining on the forums 24/7.

It would be more accurate to say that ~5% (being generous here) of the people complaining might know more about the developers on some things, 10% make valid points and understand the game (not at developer level), maybe 15% actually try to look at the issues they are complaining about in some way, while the other 70% will whine about anything that mildly irritates them or actively look for bandwagons to hop on to complain about issues they aren't even a part of.

I'm not saying I like Ion or he's perfect, but acting like he's an idiot and the players know better is a total joke. BFA has issues -- I am taking a break from it for a reason -- but the game isn't remotely as bad as people are making it out to be. I will argue very strongly that I feel the developers have not been receptive of feedback for a long time now, but that doesn't mean all feedback is necessarily useful. This is a balance, but it's currently swayed far towards ignoring the playerbase -- denying that bugs repeatedly reported in beta making it to live "couldn't be helped" is complete bullshit, for instance, let alone tuning for certain content, but the core content (island expedition aside, and I haven't tried warfronts yet) is solid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Tigole and Alex were the top 1% of the community. I don't know them well but I highly doubt they were whining on the forums 24/7.
    Jeff was actually bitching and raging on EQ forums A LOT, and not only there, the same could be said about the in-game chat. That's how he became known to a broader audience.

Heck, even to this day he sometimes lets his true character slip and snaps at users. And then he's forced to make the "I'm deeply apologising for my unprofessional behaviour" post due to his position in the company.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-09-16 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    This will go the same way as WOD went, 2 raid tiers and an upcoming great expansion by team a
    /facepalm

this two team thing needs to die.

Legion had all of Diablo 3's staff working on it. In partiuclar John Wang who worked on the legendaries, some of which the effects/ideas are straight out of diablo 3

Now those Diablo staff have moved back to working on diablo projects.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Jeff was actually bitching and raging on EQ forums A LOT, and not only there, the same could be said about the in-game chat. That's how he became known to a broader audience.

Heck, even to this day he sometimes lets his true character slip and snaps at users. And then he's forced to make the "I'm deeply apologising for my unprofessional behaviour" post due to his position in the company.
    Huh. Never knew. I didn't follow him in Everquest -- given that I didn't play Everquest -- I was more referring to Alex though. I don't know much about Jeff.

Players 99% know more about classes than the devs.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's the best one i've heard all day. One for the ol book.