Thread: Wow is FUN!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking Wow is FUN!

With all this negativity around wow since Battle for Azeroth release i wondered if there are any people left that actually likes the game? Personally i’m having the time of my life playing wow right now and i dont think wow deserves all the hate it’s getting. If wow is at its lowest point its ever been, whats making you log in?

So why aren't you playing it right now?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toitoi View Post
    With all this negativity around wow since Battle for Azeroth release i wondered if there are any people left that actually likes the game? Personally i’m having the time of my life playing wow right now and i dont think wow deserves all the hate it’s getting. If wow is at its lowest point its ever been, whats making you log in?
    Ion is that you?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

BFA is a blast. Ignore the toxicity of the forums. It's mostly whiners wanting Blizz to do it the player's way, instead of their own.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So why aren't you playing it right now?
    Can’t play WoW and be on the forums at the same time? What kind of question is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    BFA is a blast. Ignore the toxicity of the forums. It's mostly whiners wanting Blizz to do it the player's way, instead of their own.
    This is such a dumb statement.

Lets break it down.

What do you mean "players" way.
    What do these players want do you think?

What is blizzard's way? What is their motivations and philosophy?

Why must these two things be at odds each other at all?

I’m at work, gotta get the money for gametime! ������

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Can’t play WoW and be on the forums at the same time? What kind of question is that?
    I was mostly joking but why create a new account just to tell random people "WoW is fun". Just seems silly to me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    What do you mean "players" way.
    What do these players want do you think?
    Player: Less Azerite system!
    Blizz: This is the system we chose for BFA

What is blizzard's way? What is their motivations and philosophy?
    Blizz: We've designed a highly interactive and structured way of getting gear and leveling.
    Player: Azerite gear sucks. We need to go back to the Token method.

Why must these two things be at odds each other at all?
    Because some players will ALWAYS hate what Blizz has done, at which point they should offer feedback and unsub til it is fixed. Other players, like myself, enjoy the game and play it the way it was designed. We're not whiners who tell Nintendo to change the game so Mario does what WE want him to do, instead of how the game design leads him.

Oh, and when you have to resort to insults in your response, it pretty much invalidates your argument and reveals what sort of person you are.

I'm actually enjoying it aswell, i left just before suramar raid.. I think the area's in BfA are great, loads of small villages making it more realistic compared to large open land with just a small quest hub and a flight path.

Some specs need some love into but this is it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I was mostly joking but why create a new account just to tell random people "WoW is fun". Just seems silly to me.
    Probably the same reason people create new accounts to say the game sucks for the 15th time. It’s definitely silly but what else is there to read on here tbh

I feel as if i should comment as a veteran player

BFA is not WOD yet...

So heres the thing. blizzard has a known of good/bad xpac at least recently. Cata and Wod generally are panned as bad. Peopled like MOP and Legion. I knew this and planned accordingly.

Having played the starting zones on both horde and alliance I found the leveling quite enjoyable. (yes there was some slow down towards the end. but if you didnt pay attention to forums you wouldnt have known it was because of scalig issues.) in fact the only reason i noticed something off was when i was 120 and found i couldnt take many mobs on at as ret while i could back when i was leveling. I thought it was because i was undergeared (which i am based on their algorithms) and had to adjust.

The music was nice, the tone of both islands were nice (though different) . and i liked the idea of getting the zone armor for all armor classes when i leveled the zones.

It was aparent though once you hit end game and get geared that there wouldnt be much to do till the raid. and even then less because you only collect once set of mog gear since tier sets dont exist no more. The same thing with world quests which while i liked initially. I realized they were all just the damn same, and there wasnt as much variety as their was for the ones in legion.

This is blizzards problem with their bad xpacs. They dont have content, or interesting content. because if they made 40 more kill this mob quests it would just be dull. WoD actually started ok good when it came out. sure there was some garrison bugs initially but most people enjoyed gorgrond and nagrand. I fund the skettis storyline very interesting.
    BUT
    there came nothing afterwards except the selfie patch and people just did missions all day. So its now the most hated xpac.

Cata was the same. WOLTK high. they said they were going to make dungeons harder again but then content droought for a whole year which is why they released the diablo bonus.

Point is ,this xpac isn't bad yet. but people are feeling that its going to be the same thing. less content.

Now what to do if your that person? well my advice is if you cant keep yourself entertained at the theme park (because lets be honest thats what its become. progression really doesnt matter no more. Nothing matters no more. its an "A"musement part. Your not supposed to care no more. So if your not amused past a couple of months; unsub. And i dont mean that in a sarcastic way. I mean. if your not getting enjoyment out of a product and you feel as if there is no content you should take your money elsewhere. Its the only way to let blizzard know that hey they cant do this.

As for me, veteran player, I know this already. I have a busier personal life now than i did when i first started in vanilla. So for me, this xpac allows me to level my alts. and go back and gather basically all the armor sets. Build up some reps. collect some pets I missed. I was expecting a ton of Lemons and so i set up my lemonde stand :-p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and when you have to resort to insults in your response, it pretty much invalidates your argument and reveals what sort of person you are.
    I said your statement is dumb. If you consider that an insult try to put more thoughts into your words.
    You really need to differentiate when people insult you directly rather than what you say.
    It makes you seem like a person more interested in generating outrage rather than debate.

Because some players will ALWAYS hate what Blizz has done, at which point they should offer feedback and unsub til it is fixed. Other players, like myself, enjoy the game and play it the way it was designed. We're not whiners who tell Nintendo to change the game so Mario does what WE want him to do, instead of how the game design leads him.
    Newsflash.
    You can't satisfied everyone but that does not invalidate their concerns or criticisms.
    I also find it amusing that you find it a point of pride that you do not question the product that's served to you.
    Why are you so hostile to these "whiners" you scorn so much? They don't impact you in anyway. So why do you take it upon yourself to be blizzard's spokeperson?

Player: Less Azerite system!
    Blizz: This is the system we chose for BFA
    This is interesting because you did not mention why players do not support the azerite system.
    What are these players' motivation in saying negative things about the azerite system... surely it could not be because they find them boring and unfun. Something even Ion agreed with?

Blizz: We've designed a highly interactive and structured way of getting gear and leveling.
    Player: Azerite gear sucks. We need to go back to the Token method.
    This is also very interesting because even Ion agrees the current azerite system is lacking, too passive and the azerite treadmill to re-unlock what you already had before was a serious issue. And yet you here you are pretending blizzard does not take issues and quite proud of a system that they themselves have raised concerns with.
    But again you opted to repeat what you said previously rather than address the question directly.

All in all this little exchange with you has been tedious, you do not argue in good faith, constantly use hyperbole, misinformation and rhetoric.
    I do not know your age but you sound very immature and naive.
    If you are below the age of 18 then please let me know and we will end this little discussion right here.

Thanks.

Wow is fun, sometimes.

---snipped the blah blah blah---
    Again... using the word stupid. Makes you sound like a kid. Yeah, there are flaws in the system and people have the right to provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not whining and bitching which exists in every other thread. As pointed out, this is another thread to try and provide something positive: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ping-you-going

If it is that important to you, I am 44, single, and make a ton of money and love WoW just the way it is. At this point, there is no real discussion to be had with you, so forgive me if I simply ignore your ass moving forward.

ON TOPIC: BFA is loads of fun, but you can't please everyone, especially the MMO-Champ posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again... using the word stupid. Makes you sound like a kid.
    Don't say stupid things and you won't be called out on it. I am not here to compliment your every word.

Yeah, there are flaws in the system and people have the right to provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not whining and bitching which exists in every other thread. As pointed out, this is another thread to try and provide something positive: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ping-you-going
    And you are in the position to judge what is good enough to meet your subjective interpretation of what is constructive criticism and whining?

If it is that important to you, I am 44, single, and make a ton of money and love WoW just the way it is. At this point, there is no real discussion to be had with you, so forgive me if I simply ignore your ass moving forward.
    You say that you are 44 and yet behave in such an immature way. Am I suppose to be impressed by your "tons of money"?

ON TOPIC: BFA is loads of fun, but you can't please everyone, especially the MMO-Champ posters.
    What is funny is the same sentiment is said about WoW forum users, Reddit users, Discord users and MMO-Champ posters.
    I wonder where player's opinions actually matter.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder where player's opinions actually matter.
    I guess only on the official forums cause they have to be subscribed to post there

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I guess only on the official forums cause they have to be subscribed to post there
    good answer