Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Those of you stilled subbed, what's keeping you going?

Hey everyone,

There's been a lot of discussion that lead to the reddit AMA, with a lot of mixed feelings pertaining to the responses. Without casting a shadow on the relevant concerns, what is it about the game that's keeping you from unsubscribing?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still having fun. I enjoy playing with my guild, I like running dungeons and Uldir.
    Also waiting for playable Zandalari
    So there's that.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Friends, Uldir, pvp, mounts (big collector here), gold making (so I can get more mounts LOL)

I am still having fun and don't allow the whiny, negative, complete fucking idiots on reddit to run my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

My 1 month sub is what keeping me subbed.

Because its the best the games EVER been. I have played since AQ gates in vanilla. Most fun I have ever had in game.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I am still having fun and don't allow the whiny, negative, complete fucking idiots on reddit to run my mind.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friends, leveling my stable of alts, and keeping up with current raid content mostly.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

As long as you don't play competitively and only care about doing shitter-tier content with your shitter "friends" it's a terrific game. When you hear that somebody is having the time of their lives and that BfA is the pinnacle of modern gaming, think of this guy...

Ever notice that all of the people "loving" this game are still working on getting up to be able to clear a heroic dungeon or getting even one of the factions up to friendly?
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2018-09-17 at 04:30 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay is solid and responsive;
    I like the many hours I have invested in this World;
    I don't have to grind anything to do my Heroic Raids;
    The visuals and sounds are top-notch;
    My guild is very cool;
    And I can finally be a Mag'har Orc Priest.

Overall, I'm having fun.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2018-09-17 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I'm still having fun. I enjoy playing with my guild, I like running dungeons and Uldir.
    Also waiting for playable Zandalari
    So there's that.
    This +1 /10char

The fact that I'm enjoying the game. Playing with a small group of friends, I've quit mythic raiding in Legion and I'm enjoying the game more since then.

There is tons to do, rep to grind, and Pathfinder to get ready for. Plus, I really want to be able to unlock Kul Tirans the MOMENT they are playable. I really want a fat paladin, or Druid
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by a chozo View Post
    the
    gcd

gameplay
    gcd

is
    gcd

solid
    gcd

and
    gcd

responsive
    gcd

;

Well, there's someone else to add to the ignore list.

The game is still gud...

It still being a fun game? For my gripes this is still a solid expansion and I'm banking on future patches helping it along. As with every expansion, they try new things, some work some don't. Some didn't, but that doesn't ruin the whole game.

I'm finally geared for Uldir raiding with my guild, and seeing the first LFR wing tells me that raid looks pretty sick.

I'm slowly working on honorbound rep for my mag'har shaman. It was that or dark iron, but Thodak in celibrid&d sealed the deal for me.

Between those I'm slowly picking off some of the secrets people have found. Lots of stuff I missed while leveling, even going the slow and steady route. Did you know there's a kid in Drustvar who will sell you a dead cat? I didn't, and now have a much more concerned opinion of that bunch of scamps. And a new title!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    gcd
    gcd
    Which class had their gameplay ruined by the GCD changes? Because clearly I don't play one. I heard someone say holy pally earlier, so I'm taking their word for that.

gcd

gcd

gcd

gcd

gcd

gcd
    At least it's not Demonic Empowerement.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    gcd
    Oh no, I can't use cooldowns mid rotation. The woes of humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Well played.

Same as the last many years, I like playing it. I've found a class I like (despite it being underpowered right now, shaman), I like doing M+ with my friends, like raiding (almost doesn't matter the raid, as long as it's current). I've found a sort of zen state in doing the required WQs for the emissary, and I don't do much more than those unless I feel like it. I don't like island expeditions, so I don't do them.

I do what I want and have fun doing, that's what's keeping me going.