Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    because this will fix the problem...

blizzard don't want to fix the problem for me.
    what do you consider the problem to be?

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    what do you consider the problem to be?
    ugly dps aoe affliction compared to all classes

Deleted
    I was running m+ as affy 7s/8s but by the time your dots are up and running everything is dead your pretty useless until the boss. I've switched to destro for the last 5 or so and it's much better by the time you have unleashed your burst combo everything is pretty much dead before your damage drops off and it's also good for bosses with the supremacy infernal again the boss dies not long before your damage starts to fall off. Affy aoe is just woeful felt kuch more of a contributer in my group since switching. I don't really see very high keys fixing it unless people are under geared. The gear curve usually goes up with the key levels

ugly dps aoe affliction compared to all classes
    It's fine if Affliction isn't the best spec in the game at literally everything.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's fine if Affliction isn't the best spec in the game at literally everything.
    pvp affliction it's horrible (arena, worlp pvp, random etc), aoe damage is ugly, ST is high. Affliction is ok for you? For me no. And destro and demo also. Tha class have great problem in almost all except raiding boss as affliction, but is ok.

Other classes have pvp-dream, aoe absurd, ST high then affliction.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-09-17 at 04:37 PM.

Those are the only two possible spots for Afflic ? There can't be something in the middle where they're good at ST and "not terrible" at aoe ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should pray Affliction not getting stomped at 8.1 or 8.1.5 after dominating Uldir.

Why should be grateful it has weaknesses elsewhere, because maybe it will be its bargain chip in subsequent balancing future patches will bring.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont think people are looking for best (i mean, we would take it) but more *competitive*. And it doesnt have to be the best/competitive at everything, but if cant be competitive then having another spec be competitive at that thing would be lovely. Right now it feels like affli is the only choice and it clearly has strengths and weaknesses that other specs dont seem to have. Being locked into 1 choice doesnt feel bad when it has a shot at doing everything well. If you cant then swapping specs/gear is the next best thing but that feels lackluster atm.

Not denying their abilities at high lvl pve content. Just... thats the feels I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    I was running m+ as affy 7s/8s but by the time your dots are up and running everything is dead your pretty useless until the boss. I've switched to destro for the last 5 or so and it's much better by the time you have unleashed your burst combo everything is pretty much dead before your damage drops off and it's also good for bosses with the supremacy infernal again the boss dies not long before your damage starts to fall off. Affy aoe is just woeful felt kuch more of a contributer in my group since switching. I don't really see very high keys fixing it unless people are under geared. The gear curve usually goes up with the key levels
    For me the line was around +4/5 where below that Destro was better / above that Aff was better (of course it's gonna depend on your group comp).

I can report that it seemed like Destro burst ST and Aff sustained ST were pretty close to equal around that point, too - I ran a couple as Destro where a buddy was Afflic, and we were pretty similar on boss damage. He actually even managed to out do me on several aoe packs, I have to figure out if he's running any Sudden Onset traits. But yeah part of that was just the awkward timing of how Cata would line up ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People should pray Affliction not getting stomped at 8.1 or 8.1.5 after dominating Uldir.

Why should be grateful it has weaknesses elsewhere, because maybe it will be its bargain chip in subsequent balancing future patches will bring.
    sure.

I play affliction because is the only way right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

I've been waiting....since Nighthold with bated breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuniqt View Post
    I dont think people are looking for best (i mean, we would take it) but more *competitive*. And it doesnt have to be the best/competitive at everything, but if cant be competitive then having another spec be competitive at that thing would be lovely. Right now it feels like affli is the only choice and it clearly has strengths and weaknesses that other specs dont seem to have. Being locked into 1 choice doesnt feel bad when it has a shot at doing everything well. If you cant then swapping specs/gear is the next best thing but that feels lackluster atm.

Not denying their abilities at high lvl pve content. Just... thats the feels I get.
    yes, this.

I don't want the uber class, th best of the best, i need a competitive like others and not garbage class. I need to enjoy with my class.

In MOP was fun, playing destro, very good damage, CC and self healing. Now? Garbage.

Now i can't enjoy because in pvp is absurd, in m+ is a great problem to get a group, raiding affliction is fine.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-09-17 at 04:44 PM.

On a interesting note, granted the subject was shaman and shadow priests, Ion said this during his AMA:
    "Finally, on the class front, I'm not sure any class has even been something we'd say is "finished" - there's always room for refinement, tweaking talents to improve unpopular ones or fix rows that feel dead because there's just one dominant choice, fixing awkward mechanical interactions, adding new tools, and so forth. We do have plans in the works for the classes you mentioned, informed by both these communities' feedback and data from the first month of BfA. I do wish we could have gotten to addressing this feedback sooner, and I'm sorry for that - it sucks to feel like you're last in line, but hopefully the end result will be worth it."

I wouldn't be surprised it affliction is on this radar. Even though we're not as "broken" as the mentioned classes in the thread (SPriests, FDruid, Shaman), we have a few "dead rows" especially looking at deadbolt. Granted it's already been adjusted and nerfed, but I would expect either further nerfs, or the more likely buffs to others.

so basically warlocks have this extremely strong spec, but they want all 3 of their specs to be extremely strong

affliction is busted and op right now for raiding, to the point where method are using 4 on g'huun, limit are using 6, and exorsus are using 5. but yea, i guess you guys have it pretty bad. guess you should all reroll to mage, shaman, hunter, feral druid, prot warrior etc, because those specs are super competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    so basically warlocks have this extremely strong spec, but they want all 3 of their specs to be extremely strong

affliction is busted and op right now for raiding, to the point where method are using 4 on g'huun, limit are using 6, and exorsus are using 5. but yea, i guess you guys have it pretty bad. guess you should all reroll to mage, shaman, hunter, feral druid, prot warrior etc, because those specs are super competitive.
    It's funny that you mention Mage, Hunter, Warriors and Druid. As those same groups that are using multiple warlocks are also using multiple Arms Warriors, Arcane Mages, BM Hunters, Restoration Shamans and Balance Druids. By your own definition of "Warlocks have a strong spec, therefore don't need anything", then I guess all mages can roll arcane, all hunters BM, all druids Balance, all shamans restoration, and all warriors Arms, right? Of course not - having one viable spec does not mean that the rest of the specs can be left in the dust.

I'm not going to argue that Affliction isn't OP - it is and the Deathbolt/Haunt/Phantom Sing talent set needs to be nerfed (likely by means of number tuning and putting haunt and deathbolt on the same talent row so they can't be taken together). But it also means that Affliction's other talents and it's AOE need to be brought up or warlocks will end up with 3 specs that are completely trash. (and personally i think Affliction is already trash, despite the numbers - as the only current viable talent build is clunky and plays completely contrary to how a "dot spec" should play).

Likewise, Destruction and Demonology need to be made viable - just as much as Ele and Enh Shamans, Fire Mages, MM Hunters, Feral Druids, Prot Warriors, and the rest of the currently "left in the dust" specs. Arguing that a class has 1 viable spec and therefore everyone that plays that class should be that spec is just being part of the problem.

sorry but affliction is very good for raiding in single target, yeah.

BUT.... is very weak in AOE for m+, is very very weak in arena, in world pvp is a free kill, in BG when focussed by a melee is same story. We have no defense versus anything in game (pvp side).

Destro not viable in single target, demonology have great issue, pvp side is atrocius, we lack CC (destro and affliction) and defensive CD, damage is very low, healing is a joke.

WE don't want super class, we looking for a fun class. Right now warlock is not fun

I don't understand why take a single good spot for one spec (affliction single target) to write: the class is fine.
    The class is not fine, have great issue. Mobility, self healing, core abilities lacking and gutted more then other classes, damage low, ramp up very low.

and, i repeat, i don't want super class with all spec viable, ultra CC, uber damage, great mobility, hyper self healing. I need to my fun to have a class decent, not a free kill in pvp, not a single spec to go raiding.

For example, for me, give back howl of terror and shadowfury istant to have chance versus melee in the game. I don't want the moon, i want to have chance and funny moments in this game.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-09-17 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    Arguing that a class has 1 viable spec and therefore everyone that plays that class should be that spec is just being part of the problem.
    What problem exactly? That's how wow always worked. And about demonology needing to be viable, I'm not sure where this is coming from. That was never a problem for warlocks. That shit of a spec has been viable only a few tiers in the entire history of this game.

So busted: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

This makes Affliction the 6th strongest overall at 75th percentile and 8th at 90th percentile. Who knew that certain classes perform better than others during different conditions ?!

One spec being great amongst 3 doesn't mean that the remaining 2 should be bad. We don't want every spec to be broken powerful, we just want all 3 specs to be balanced.

Also, no one says that other specs aren't having issues but that doen't mean that Affliction should be nerfed because of it. These other specs should be brought up to par. And Hunters are in a very good spot overall, except MM. Mages need Arcane and Fire looked at but Frost is in a good spot, Shaman DPS specs are already on the radar for 8.1 and Resto is pretty good right now.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2018-09-17 at 07:08 PM.

sorry but affliction is very good for raiding in single target, yeah.

BUT.... is very weak in AOE for m+, is very very weak in arena, in world pvp is a free kill, in BG when focussed by a melee is same story. We have no defense versus anything in game (pvp side).

Destro not viable in single target, demonology have great issue, pvp side is atrocius, we lack CC (destro and affliction) and defensive CD, damage is very low, healing is a joke.

WE don't want super class, we looking for a fun class. Right now warlock is not fun

I don't understand why take a single good spot for one spec (affliction single target) to write: the class is fine.
    The class is not fine, have great issue. Mobility, self healing, core abilities lacking and gutted more then other classes, damage low, ramp up very low.

and, i repeat, i don't want super class with all spec viable, ultra CC, uber damage, great mobility, hyper self healing. I need to my fun to have a class decent, not a free kill in pvp, not a single spec to go raiding.

For example, for me, give back howl of terror and shadowfury istant to have chance versus melee in the game. I don't want the moon, i want to have chance and funny moments in this game.
    I understand the desire to have all 3 specs be capable of both amazing ST and AOE, but the reality is...you have 3 DPS specs. It isn't surprising that one has amazing ST but bad aoe, another mediocre ST but amazing aoe, something like that. Compare that to some specs that only have 1 DPS spec, example being Enhance Shaman. If you compare an Enh to a Havoc DH, it's pathetic how bad Enh is on all fronts.

So no one is saying the class is perfect, but fine? Yes, compared to many other specs, the class is fine, but I wouldn't call them balanced or how they should be at all. The reality of all pure DPS classes is that, sometimes your other specs suck ass, and sometimes you're forced into playing the one that is currently the best for that tier.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    What problem exactly? That's how wow always worked. And about demonology needing to be viable, I'm not sure where this is coming from. That was never a problem for warlocks. That shit of a spec has been viable only a few tiers in the entire history of this game.
    What you just described is exactly the problem. Every spec in the game should be "viable" at all times - and by viable, I don't mean "TOP KEK DPS", I mean w/in 5% of the other specs. The fact that Demo has only been viable in a few tiers is a huge problem with the game - and a part of the reason it stays this way is players posting about how "at least you have 1 viable spec", which just leads to nothing changing.

It's unacceptable that we currently have a good 6-8 dps specs that are behind by close to 15% of the top performing specs, and that's what every poster should be saying - instead of wasting time saying "you have a viable spec so GTFO".

So to reiterate, a post that says, "At least affliction is good - you should see all these other specs that are bad" is being part of this persistent problem in this game.