Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    Maybe they just made it go quicker cause they know Alliance had to wait so long now, without warfronts and without the rares reseting.
    Make you think why there is even contribution part in the first place. It should just be: Horde has World Boss/rares/quests - Alliance has Warfront, switch on reset day. Simple and clear.

Alliance has more players.

Quote Originally Posted by yeast View Post
    It'd be nice to get some communication about it. We're two weeks into warfronts and still don't really know how they work.
    i thought you just AFKed in them for free mythic gear.

I wish they would just go back to a WG/TB type thing every 2-3 hours. That was fun and had some nice loot opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Alliance has more players.
    actually if you followed all the QQ pertaining to War Mode then the Horde has 100x more players than the Alliance.

Deleted
    I think its realy sllow. Today it went from 43 to 50...

ITs normal first day to be fast exp.. I completed six quests but i wont do the rest.. Most of the active players did their shit the first day... N

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    i thought you just AFKed in them for free mythic gear.

I wish they would just go back to a WG/TB type thing every 2-3 hours. That was fun and had some nice loot opportunities.

- - - Updated - - -

actually if you followed all the QQ pertaining to War Mode then the Horde has 100x more players than the Alliance.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...rs-by-faction/

https://realmpop.com/us.html

But yeah I agree. Alliance just seem to turn Warmode off cause they're scurred.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-09-17 at 08:33 PM.

so then all those people on the forums crying about Horde outnumbering the Alliance in War Mode 10:1 were just lying? I figured as much.

so then all those people on the forums crying about Horde outnumbering the Alliance in War Mode 10:1 were just lying? I figured as much.
    I don't know what to say stats don't lie.

War Mode tries to balance itself anyway, unless it runs out of players, then you can end up in the one instance at the end of the list in which it is severly unbalanced. Annecdotal evidence makes for great stories though.

So anyone encountering such a situation may not have necessarily lied (although I'm sure there are those..), but that doesn't account for everyone else where its balanced at the same time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They did not change their systems though, warfronts have not changed between now, and between beta.
    Blizzard has described the system in similar terms to how they described the Sunwell Plateau and Broken Shore hand-ins, and have likened it to them in streams: [Alliance/Horde] players contribute profession items, gold, and War Resources to help their faction build up enough strength to attack.

Regarding Beta, from what I remember, the speculation was that the quests were repeatable daily, and this is not what was made live. In the description above, where does this indicate that these are once-per-rotation quests that are non-repeatable? The only places that have reported on this are places like wowhead and other player-run community sites.

What's being said and being done is all over the place.

also how warfronts works has shit all to do with how much stats a weapon has...
    The point is about Blizzard's failures in communication, not the weapon itself.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Or you know...
    the alliance is handing in more..?
    Yeah, they are probably turning in 4x as much as Horde, which each 120 can only turn once. That checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Regardless of whether or not the bar was based on player contributions when the Horde did it, it definitely isn't now. The bar is moving up twice as fast.
    Or Alliance is simply contributing more than Horde.

I am definitely monitoring the situation here.

Would be just like Blizz to screw Alliance players yet again by making the contributions tip over just before reset time tomorrow (ie. after like 40 hours of having contributions) when the horde took twice as long with a similar amount of players.

They can't reveal the algorithm because it's a 'scam'. There is no way they base the clock on the actual contributions. I don't think I'll even contribute next pass for Horde as the tradeoff isn't particularly 'worth it' for the AP. I suppose once we have more data points (Horde contributing, Ally Contributing , Horde Contributing , Ally Contributing) we might get a better idea. But Blizz can just tweak the numbers hidden behind the scenes every week without anyone knowing, we'll only be able to figure it out if Blizz tells us exactly how they are handling this (without flat out lying of course)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Blizzard has described the system in similar terms to how they described the Sunwell Plateau and Broken Shore hand-ins, and have likened it to them in streams: [Alliance/Horde] players contribute profession items, gold, and War Resources to help their faction build up enough strength to attack.

Regarding Beta, from what I remember, the speculation was that the quests were repeatable daily, and this is not what was made live. In the description above, where does this indicate that these are once-per-rotation quests that are non-repeatable? The only places that have reported on this are places like wowhead and other player-run community sites.

What's being said and being done is all over the place.

The point is about Blizzard's failures in communication, not the weapon itself.
    The quests were not repeatable on beta either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Yeah, they are probably turning in 4x as much as Horde, which each 120 can only turn once. That checks out.
    yes, because there is
    1. more 120's now, than then.
    2. more people with 120 alts than then.
    3. more people who have the resources, and resources cost less than then.
    4. more people know how it works since guides and videos have been made based on the horde one.
    5. it started on a sunday, a day there is little to do, compared to tuesday where there was so much other stuff people were busy doing.

so yes it does check out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post

Would be just like Blizz to screw Alliance players yet again by making the contributions tip over just before reset time tomorrow (ie. after like 40 hours of having contributions) when the horde took twice as long with a similar amount of players.
    it wont...
    also "similar amount of players" that is not true.
    The alliance is only at 54% it is not going to go up another 46% before tuesday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    They can't reveal the algorithm because it's a 'scam'. There is no way they base the clock on the actual contributions. I don't think I'll even contribute next pass for Horde as the tradeoff isn't particularly 'worth it' for the AP. I suppose once we have more data points (Horde contributing, Ally Contributing , Horde Contributing , Ally Contributing) we might get a better idea. But Blizz can just tweak the numbers hidden behind the scenes every week without anyone knowing, we'll only be able to figure it out if Blizz tells us exactly how they are handling this (without flat out lying of course)
    It is not a scam, and it is based on actual contributions, show me any evidence elsewise.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Except it is locked to 1 time per cycle per character. Unless there is 2x the amount of alliance donating, this wouldn't make sense.
    That is exactly what I'm saying. I'm not talking about players who already donated, donating more, but more players donating period who either didn't donate before or who only donated the minimum(just some gold and war resources).

I'm not denying bliz couldn't have adjusted the rate it goes up, it's just not the 'only' reason this could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post

How would that screw them? If anything, that would be beneficial to the Alliance, getting access to new rewards faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Except it is locked to 1 time per cycle per character. Unless there is 2x the amount of alliance donating, this wouldn't make sense.
    Or if the alliance has had more time to level mains and alts, and has double the resources to hand in, as i know for example during the horde one, then engineering turn in was selling for a good 10k each and you needed 3, so alot of people just stopped buyying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Didn't they say it was based on the number of people participating? Meaning more people only doing one or two contributions is going to make it go slower than a handful of people doing them all?

I am confused/skeptical about the contributions as well. I saw lots of people contributing as soon as they opened, more throughout that first day, but no one is there when I go by now. As a former sociology student, I would expect 80% of the players who planned to donate to do it on day one. How are there enough players to close the remaining 50% if they did not bother to do it on day one? I suspect donations may affect the %, but not drive it. The % may be like the war fronts themselves, guaranteed to go up on a regular schedule regardless of what players do. Maybe all players do is modify the schedule +/- 5%.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I am confused/skeptical about the contributions as well. I saw lots of people contributing as soon as they opened, more throughout that first day, but no one is there when I go by now. As a former sociology student, I would expect 80% of the players who planned to donate to do it on day one. How are there enough players to close the remaining 50% if they did not bother to do it on day one? I suspect donations may affect the %, but not drive it. The % may be like the war fronts themselves, guaranteed to go up on a regular schedule regardless of what players do. Maybe all players do is modify the schedule +/- 5%.
    Maybe it works like the buildings in Broken Shore at the end of Legion? The buildings built itself eventually automatically but the process could be made faster by the player's contributions.