The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much of the high scoring games and great qb performances are because of rules that make a defenders job harder to do?

Mahones, dalton, Luck after a hiatus, Fitzpatrick. Look at their stats. I mean really?

Something is afoot here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    How much of the high scoring games and great qb performances are because of rules that make a defenders job harder to do?

Mahones, dalton, Luck after a hiatus, Fitzpatrick. Look at their stats. I mean really?

Something is afoot here.
    Yeah, its a trend to look out for. Gonna flush out option QBs for pocket passers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Something is afoot here.
    Then there's Sam Bradford.
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Browns traded Gordon to the Patriots. Literally wtf.
    Be one of the biggest fuck ups in the league for a few years, get rewarded by escaping the Browns for the Patriots. It's the american dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Antonio Brown was MIA from Steelers facility today.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Cardinals are going to "scale back the playbook" which, to me, sounds like they're prepping for a rookie QB. I think they still sacrifice Bradford to the Bears and then make the swap.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Antonio Brown was MIA from Steelers facility today.
    All WR are divas it seems, although AB has had incidents in the past too where he showed this. Ridiculous why one or 2 position groups (CB's too) are somehow allowed to just have outbursts like this.

And the Cardinals are going to "scale back the playbook" which, to me, sounds like they're prepping for a rookie QB.
    Agreed. Rosen will make rookie mistakes and be awful a few times this season, but he's the only QB they have with upside to maybe show something more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sam Bradford played some really depressing QB. It was enjoyable because the Rams benefited, but these over-coached risk-averse QBs who are afraid to go downfield at all are the worst things in this game.

For all the complaints about Josh Allen, I watched both him and Bradford on Sunday, at least Allen does something, a lot of it is bad, some is good, but Bradford doesn't do anything, and its terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw on NFL Network that the league is going to include the Matthews "roughing the passer" play in a video to demonstrate it is an example of a foul... I wish the NFL actually paid their referees enough that they didn't all quit and take jobs with Fox, because this is a fucking joke. When a normal tackle becomes the textbook example of a foul, what are we even watching any more?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    When a normal tackle becomes the textbook example of a foul, what are we even watching any more?
    Not sure, but all the bullshit surrounding football has definitely taken away from my enjoyment of it. The weird rules stuff and ensuing uneven officiating, the bullshit about the anthem and the still lingering resentment from Deflategate have all compounded to the point where I'm honestly usually not that motivated to watch games anymore beyond the Patriots ones. And even then, if there's a Patriots game on during raid hours on Sunday, I've already decided to watch games after the fact and be with my guild for progression. 2 or 3 years ago that would have been unthinkable and I wouldn't even have joined a guild that raids Sundays.

I'll probably become more invested again when the games start mattering more and teams are done with their early season experimenting, but currently I felt bad about leaving my guild for the last 40 min on Sunday to watch Jags-Pats and that's not ever happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    first 6 weeks of the season are preseason anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    first 6 weeks of the season are preseason anyway.
    Good team can go 2-2 or 3-3 and steam roll the last 10 games and be in perfect position to do well in the post season. We'll see what happens this year.

Rams and Jags are the only 2 teams I'm comfortable saying will be in the post season, even after only 2 games. Dolphins, Bucs, Broncos I don't trust even with their 2 wins. KC I want to see against a decent defense, cause I suspect they are good, but flawed, especially on defense. Want to know just how much their offense can bail them out. Bengals I'm not sure about, they came back on the road against a probably crappy Indy team which, honestly should be expected, but that Ravens win was certainly more legit. With the Steelers struggeling in more ways than 1, it might be Bengals time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Good team can go 2-2 or 3-3 and steam roll the last 10 games and be in perfect position to do well in the post season. We'll see what happens this year.

Rams and Jags are the only 2 teams I'm comfortable saying will be in the post season, even after only 2 games. Dolphins, Bucs, Broncos I don't trust even with their 2 wins. KC I want to see against a decent defense, cause I suspect they are good, but flawed, especially on defense. Want to know just how much their offense can bail them out. Bengals I'm not sure about, they came back on the road against a probably crappy Indy team which, honestly should be expected, but that Ravens win was certainly more legit. With the Steelers struggeling in more ways than 1, it might be Bengals time again.
    Theres always a few teams that look legit from the start. I'd like to include the Chiefs. As Mahomes matures, hes gonna be a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Theres always a few teams that look legit from the start. I'd like to include the Chiefs. As Mahomes matures, hes gonna be a beast.
    Also could note that Kareem Hunt is currently averaging 1.3 YPC less than last season on about the same number of carries per game. I doubt that drop-off will continue, especially as teams are forced to plan for Mahomes' arm. Hunt is a good rusher and even if teams begin to figure Mahomes out it will probably just lead to a more balanced offense rather than this 4-6 passing TD per game stuff.

Concerns about the Chiefs defense are legitimate though. Mahomes had 6 passing TDs and the Steelers still came within 5 points at the end. The Chiefs were at least partially saved by Ben's inability to hit Antonio Brown. There were several deep shots where Brown was open and Ben just couldn't put a pass online to him.

Chiefs have some more high profile AFC matchups coming up (Jaguars, Patriots, Bengals, and Chargers) plus a game against the Rams. I think a 12-4 season for them would be likely with losses to the Jaguars, Patriots, Rams, and maybe a random other game. Will need to see that Jaguars game before really knowing what Mahomes can do in this league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure, but all the bullshit surrounding football has definitely taken away from my enjoyment of it. The weird rules stuff and ensuing uneven officiating, the bullshit about the anthem and the still lingering resentment from Deflategate have all compounded to the point where I'm honestly usually not that motivated to watch games anymore beyond the Patriots ones. And even then, if there's a Patriots game on during raid hours on Sunday, I've already decided to watch games after the fact and be with my guild for progression. 2 or 3 years ago that would have been unthinkable and I wouldn't even have joined a guild that raids Sundays.

I'll probably become more invested again when the games start mattering more and teams are done with their early season experimenting, but currently I felt bad about leaving my guild for the last 40 min on Sunday to watch Jags-Pats and that's not ever happened.
    The severe amount of commercials is grating on me more and more. I'm definitely not gonna be missing football for raid, I thought the raid was pretty bleh.
    /s

I keep hearing people need to see Mahomes against a good defense. Without Bosa the chargers secondary was still vaunted going into the game. Beating the Steelers who again are said to bs a good defense but look to be on the downslide proved everything I need to know about him. We haven't won there almost as long as ive been alive. Up until Sunday I always figured Steelers as a L. He did what no chiefs ab had done.

Also getting both starting safeties back at some point only helps the back end. Also playing with a lead. A huge one is difficult. Passing oriented league and all. They need to figure out how to more pressure up front though.

So, a Buffalo radio guy (22, he's on the late show) with 2k followers on Twitter made a tweet about Ryan Fitzpatrick having more TDs than "HoFer" Troy Aikman in less starts, and Troy Aikman responded to him despite not being tagged in the tweet with "Who cares?" and now all of Dallas is out to get our guy. His tweet has been seen by 300k people, more than 150x his Twitter following.

It's kind of hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, a Buffalo radio guy (22, he's on the late show) with 2k followers on Twitter made a tweet about Ryan Fitzpatrick having more TDs than "HoFer" Troy Aikman in less starts, and Troy Aikman responded to him despite not being tagged in the tweet with "Who cares?" and now all of Dallas is out to get our guy. His tweet has been seen by 300k people, more than 150x his Twitter following.

It's kind of hilarious.
    Thats kind of brilliant if he just wanted more attention. Because he has to know what he;s saying, given Buffalo's history with Dallas xD

10+ Year Old Account
    At a recent press conference Jon Gruden lamented how difficult it is to find a good pass rusher.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    At a recent press conference Jon Gruden lamented how difficult it is to find a good pass rusher.
    He's got to be trolling at this point, it's impossible for someone in his position to be that dense otherwise. Gruden knows exactly what he's doing, it's just he never really explains any of it to anyone else.

It's like Willy Wonka running a football team, the whole scenario is bizarre and yet somehow the end product actually works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's like Willy Wonka running a football team, the whole scenario is bizarre and yet somehow the end product actually works.
    Except it hasn't worked yet.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it hasn't worked yet.
    It's also not the end product. I'm talking his oddball Raiders team of the early 00's.

You can see what he's trying to do in Oakland this year, it just isn't firing on all cylinders yet.