Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fortified / tyrannical as +2 - your opinions

After the first two lockouts with the new affix system (fortified and tyrannical as +2 affixes), how do you feel about it?
    The main reason for this change was to remove the huge step-up from +9 to +10; instead this step-up is now already at +2.

So the entry threshold for M+ is much harder for casuals: going from heroic (using lfg) to mythic is not that easy (as you lose the lottery buff from lfg and everything has more health and is deadlier) and the next step to M+ with "only" fortified or tyrannical is also much harder than last expansion. Was it really necessary to put the pressure at the start? The step from +0 to +2 feels greater then going from +2 to +4.

tyrannical is boring, it should be a random affix and nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m ok with it.
    It’s a good step-up from a m0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Yes it was necessary.

The affixes get more powerful the higher the key go's as it's a multiplier, the jump in difficulty from a +9 to a +10 early last xpac was ridiculous and far worse then going from a 0 to a new +2.

If you are just going for +10 completion, the gap between +9 and +10 is miniscule. So if you managed to get a +10 key, you can do it. Ghuun affix is very easy to deal with.

It made the difficulty more linear. Previously one of the main issues was the massive difference between a 9 and 10 key. With seasonal affixes, that gap would have been even bigger as you would have Infested too.

This way the dungeons scale a bit better and there is no sudden difficulty increase.

I think it's fine. Some bosses are extremely more difficult on Tyrannical tho, and are very biased towards certain classes. King's Rest first boss for example.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The idea is good, but fortified is extremely annoying in some dungeons. Trash is already more scary then bosses in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think it's fine. Some bosses are extremely more difficult on Tyrannical tho, and are very biased towards certain classes. King's Rest first boss for example.
    King's rest first boss is probably the easiest one as long as you know how to kite / where to drop gold.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    After the first two lockouts with the new affix system (fortified and tyrannical as +2 affixes), how do you feel about it?
    The main reason for this change was to remove the huge step-up from +9 to +10; instead this step-up is now already at +2.

So the entry threshold for M+ is much harder for casuals: going from heroic (using lfg) to mythic is not that easy (as you lose the lottery buff from lfg and everything has more health and is deadlier) and the next step to M+ with "only" fortified or tyrannical is also much harder than last expansion. Was it really necessary to put the pressure at the start? The step from +0 to +2 feels greater then going from +2 to +4.
    my opinion on matter is its killing mythic + for casual crowd . since people wont bother with low keys if they cant +3 them . and atm causal cannot +3 low keys .

so mythic + got turned into supplement gear for mythic raiders.

Good and bad,

This won't have any impact on our (and I imagine most) guild groups or regular grouped people.

Pug wise it's going to be a cunt, ilvl requests are going to be higher and I'd imagine this will take that IO nonsense to the next level.

Edit:

Ignore the above, I misread the OP, thought we were getting both affixs at once at level 2 for this week xD
    Last edited by Rotted; 2018-09-18 at 11:49 AM.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Tyrannical was always the most boring affix anyway. Dungeon bosses were never interesting, so having them last twice as long is painful at best. Even more if they now have random one-shot mechanics.

They wanted to avoid a huge gap between +9 and +10 keys, but now we have a huge gap between M0 and M+2. Doesn't change anything, except the fact a lot of casual players will outright avoid doing keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Tyrannical was always the most boring affix anyway. Dungeon bosses were never interesting, so having them last twice as long is painful at best. Even more if they now have random one-shot mechanics.

They wanted to avoid a huge gap between +9 and +10 keys, but now we have a huge gap between M0 and M+2. Doesn't change anything, except the fact a lot of casual players will outright avoid doing keys.
    It's only like 28% more boss damage at +2.

it provides a smoother difficulty ramp up then it did when it was the last affix applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    King's rest first boss is probably the easiest one as long as you know how to kite / where to drop gold.
    I had a druid with knockback, monk circle, and my gorefiend grasp. Except for the first set, we didn't even kill any adds just kite around the room in a circle it was actually fun

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I had a druid with knockback, monk circle, and my gorefiend grasp. Except for the first set, we didn't even kill any adds just kite around the room in a circle it was actually fun
    yeh i did it with my ring of peace too, the only issue there is that you must kite slowly so the gold don't change direction /divide.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my opinion on matter is its killing mythic + for casual crowd . since people wont bother with low keys if they cant +3 them . and atm causal cannot +3 low keys .

so mythic + got turned into supplement gear for mythic raiders.
    What is the point of having to 3-chest low keys? It gives just as much gear if you 1-chest that key. Do you imply that the grind to +10 is slower now and hence people won't bother?

Either way, I don't see the difference between 3-chesting now and 3-chesting in Legion. Sure, it was really easy to 3-chest +15 (that dropped 940 base loot) when so many people were 965-975 equipped at the end of the Legion. But same will happen in BfA when we get more gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Didn't they significantly reduce the number of one-shot mechanics in M+? I feel that's true.

I find this change really illogical , the jump from M0 to M+2 is just huge especially for players that dont know the instances very well or alts. They should have kept the affixes like in Legion so that more people can advance in key and gear levels more smoothly.

My best key was a +8 and can probably do +10 aswell but didnt have much time to run M+ so my score is low but will progress slower with my friends.

I just think fortified/tyranical shouldve been at worse second afix not first.

tyrannical aka the week ppl actually learned boss mechanics

Great change, I think pugs would struggle with bursting more than they would actually notice extra boss damage in a +2.