Deleted

Why I (and many others) hate Legion/BfA

This person said it in a way I could not (I don't have old screenshots) so, a picture is worth yadda yadda:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_dungeon_and/

And this:

It made every single dungeon run or raid run valuable and actually gave you a visible goal to work towards.
    Something missing in WoW for a long time.

Why do I still play it then? To raid 3 times a week with me guildies. I'm not even running M+ anymore, why should I? For that 1% chance of getting a worthwhile drop? No thank you. Besides that, doing daily emissaries until I get exalted with everything which is drawing really close.

TLDR: WoW has become a unrewarding boring asf game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I didn't hate Legion or Battle For Azeroth, but I do miss the Justice Point system.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It just forced you to run dungeons and make you burn out even faster. Legion was the first pac in which i didn't unsub befoe the final patch. If they can keep this niveau, i'll be happy.

You kidding me? Legion and BFA are the first time since TBC that dungeons are actually relevant endgame, instead of being something you breeze through or farm for points as piss-easy content. Not that I'm surprised that leddit simultaneously whines about grind and waxes nostalgic about how dungeons are no longer a grind of trivial content.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2018-09-18 at 11:20 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    This person said it in a way I could not (I don't have old screenshots) so, a picture is worth yadda yadda:

And this:

Why do I still play it then? To raid 3 times a week with me guildies. I'm not even running M+ anymore, why should I? For that 1% chance of getting a worthwhile drop? No thank you. Besides that, doing daily emissaries until I get exalted with everything which is drawing really close.

But right now, there's a dungeon event, where you will get something guaranteed from the last boss.

And you don't need to run a lot of heroic dungeons to get a 325 for every slot.

Then there's free loot from Arathi rares and warfronts etc.

I'd rather get loot as fast as we are getting it right now, than have to farm justice or conquer points again.

Both of these things just force you to run it over and over for different reasons.

Farming Justice/Valor points toward a goal or running higher and higher M+ dungeons toward a goal? The only real difference is that the JP/VP system gave guaranteed stat items when purchased which meant zero variety in gear and the odds of getting decent trinkets or things like that was basically nonexistent. It's still very low now but the chances actually exist to get nice pieces that have the proper stats for your spec/class.

One system encouraged mindless AoE grinding of the same heroics over and over while the other encourages strategy, teamwork, and a luck factor.

And this:

You used to run dungeons for JP/VP and eventually get an upgrade doing the same boring ass instance, now you farm M+ and eventually get an upgrade, while having different difficulties and obstacles making the instances way less boring, also rewards AP which is progression towards your character.

TLDR: you have no fucking idea

Quote Originally Posted by fallasleep View Post
    But right now, there's a dungeon event, where you will get something guaranteed from the last boss.

And you don't need to run a lot of heroic dungeons to get a 325 for every slot.

Then there's free loot from Arathi rares and warfronts etc.

I'd rather get loot as fast as we are getting it right now, than have to farm justice or conquer points again.
    You still end up hitting a ceiling where you are grinding mindlessly trying to get even one upgrade. A point system can still be beneficial IMO. People are acting like you can only have one or the other.

I went into the start of mythic+ and raiding at 350 and so far I've ran normal raid twice, cleared heroic, did a +10, farmed +5 one week and +7 this week as best I could and I've barely gotten any upgrades. In fact all my gear since mythic+ release has been belt upgrades, bracers or a trinket which I already have. Meanwhile theres a hunter in our guild already close to 370
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-09-18 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow.

some days you see and hate the dangling carrot in front of you, some days you don't see it and bitch about that too.

could you please make up your mind and quit already? once every week i won't see the drops i want. i shrug and carry on. why must everything yield a big reward?
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    You still end up hitting a ceiling where you are grinding mindlessly trying to get even one upgrade. A point system can still be beneficial IMO.

I went into the start of mythic+ and raiding at 350 and so far I've ran normal raid twice, cleared heroic, did a +10, farmed +5 one week and +7 this week as best I could and I've barely gotten any upgrades. In fact all my gear since mythic+ release has been belt upgrades, bracers or a trinket which I already have.
    I wouldn't mind a point system. But I think on my main I did like 10 heroic dungeons until I had 325 in every slot. I mean you also have world quests that provide tons of upgrades. Gear has never been easier to acquire, even if you have the worst luck.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until you ran out of shit to buy with Justice and Valor. At least Mythic you can keep pushing higher and get higher Ilvl gear that can also Titanforge.

Old Dungeons were far more meaningless once you got to a certain point in an expansion than they are now. What a fucking joke of a Reddit post.

Honestly, I despise the idea of M+ (I like the concept of mythic dungeons; for a long time now I've thought the future of MMOs is moving away from large raids other than relatively easy world bosses and moving to the "nightmare dungeon" concept of endgame small group content as a viable alternative to getting large groups of people together). It feels like trying to force the toxic e-sport attitude towards PVE which I feel is a huge mistake.

World Quests I feel are way more boring and tedious than dailies, since they are now part of the gearing/grind loop while dailies from what I recall (I did not play much of Legion as I took an almost 2 year break a month or so into WoD) were other than reputation for entry-level gear and pets/mounts not really something you *needed* to do (in fact I recall it being a bit joke-worthy in Mists because at the start, the reputation gear was worse than the gear you could get from dungeons and then LFR so you had barely any reason to bother beyond like Honored for most of them).

I have enjoyed the quests in BfA so far (did them on both Horde and Alliance) but the new garrison/class hall stuff is tedious and annoying junk in my opinion. The warfront was cool (if you're Horde kek) and I thought it was fun but again, everything just feels like a more tedious grind than before.

TLDR: WoW has become a unrewarding [...] game.
    i think this is exactly it. Someone good at an individual level isn't being acknowledged in any way. Before wod you had access to better/cooler gear/mounts, now if you get lucky with the rng you can get an item that is on par or above mythic level raids.
    Also playing for a long time is not being rewarded at all anymore thanks to the catchup mechanics and all the gating. You can't sit down for a day and just grind a rep to exalted like you could before. There is no reason to sit down for a day and grind ap to unlock a trait because once you get a higher itemlevel you lose the trait again.

And if you look at it it's the same with Overwatch so i think this is a problem at blizzard. a professional could team up with someone that never touched an fps and they would get treaded the same be it a win or loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    You still end up hitting a ceiling where you are grinding mindlessly trying to get even one upgrade. A point system can still be beneficial IMO. People are acting like you can only have one or the other.

I went into the start of mythic+ and raiding at 350 and so far I've ran normal raid twice, cleared heroic, did a +10, farmed +5 one week and +7 this week as best I could and I've barely gotten any upgrades. In fact all my gear since mythic+ release has been belt upgrades, bracers or a trinket which I already have. Meanwhile theres a hunter in our guild already close to 370
    I haven't had that happen. Like I said, I did like ten heroic dungeons on my main and then I had at least a 325 in each slot. Once I only needed 1 or 2 things, I stopped doing random dungeons and only did those dungeons that could drop the things I needed. Then world quests helped getting a piece I needed every now and then. I really don't see the problem.

I do miss badges. I used to do daily heroics on several characters back in Wrath because it was -- yep -- fun. And a lot of people were running them, so queues weren't bad even on a DPS alt. M+ aren't fun to me, endless timed AoE zergfests just aren't my bag, and more difficulty rests on the healers. I want to log in and relax, raid night is for being focused.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge