View Poll Results: Do you feel the love?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

37 40.22%
  • No..

55 59.78%

Thread: BFA love thread

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    He did not mention warfronts and island expeditions either.
    I guess two of the most heavily advertised features were not entertaining enough to reach his list.
    I mentioned Islands when I talked about scenarios. Obviously you are not bothering to read my posts, just passively attack me for being me. L2Read
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I agree. Coming to an appreciation thread with petty insults shouldn't be allowed.
    he is referring you. And you just agreed with him.

Haha.
    Alright I think I am done here.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    I mentioned Islands when I talked about scenarios. Obviously you are not bothering to read my posts, just passively attack me for being me. L2Read
    First off I though you were done with me man.
    Secondly I did read what you said but you see writing has never been your strong suit because you don't fully express your ideas and yourself which leads into troubles we have previously discussed. Improve on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I love BFA and I have since the beta
    Careful, there are haters in here who are about to attack you.

I really love how it has opened up extra time for me to play other games.

In seriousness I think the foundations are okay but the things surrounding it are mediocre. 8.1 can fix all of it.

-Give Warfronts a pvp mode
    -Give Warfronts a difficult mythic mode
    -Add other ways to obtain Island expedition rewards
    -Make WQs more rewarding
    -Add more objectives to Warmode
    -Balance Warmode shards according to population
    -More personal but I would like a new aesthetic type to reach for, besides mounts, pets, toys, and transmog... I don't know what it could be but.. I mean hell why not implement some Hearthstone in WoW where you can actually collect cards and they have a cool effect.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Haha.
    I doubt it. You said on page 1 you were done with him and talked to him 10 times since then. You're pretty much a liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    I doubt it. You said on page 1 you were done with him and talked to him 10 times since then. You're pretty much a liar.
    Kettle meet pot.
    Don't you remember your own promise yesterday?
    I did not engage with you until you started engaging with me.

Haha.

First off I though you were done with me man.
    Secondly I did read what you said but you see writing has never been your strong suit because you don't fully express your ideas and yourself which leads into troubles we have previously discussed. Improve on that.
    I was referring to you though and so was he.

Kettle meet pot.
    Don't you remember your own promise yesterday?
    I did not engage with you until you started engaging with me.
    You're right. I should start adding trolls to ignore and not open their posts. Since I don't want to be a liar like you. We're actually done here.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I really love how it has opened up extra time for me to play other games.

In seriousness I think the foundations are okay but the things surrounding it are mediocre. 8.1 can fix all of it.

-Give Warfronts a pvp mode
    -Give Warfronts a difficult mythic mode
    -Add other ways to obtain Island expedition rewards
    -Make WQs more rewarding
    -Add more objectives to Warmode
    -Balance Warmode shards according to population
    -More personal but I would like a new aesthetic type to reach for, besides mounts, pets, toys, and transmog... I don't know what it could be but.. I mean hell why not implement some Hearthstone in WoW where you can actually collect cards and they have a cool effect.
    Thank you for the great input. That would certainly make BFA even more enjoyable.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    I feel it in the gameplay not the story, so it feels utterly disjointed, I have to say without the WoT lead in I would be considering this a very enjoyable moment but atm it feels so incredibly disjointed in the narrative. That being said the rollout was lovely, the zones are actually quite fun. And the armor and weapons actually look nice.

Complaints would be the classes seems really kind of dull atm. At least rogue I miss my toys! *sob* And like I said with the story so disjointed I really don't care about Jaina's wild ride I have so many more questions. Warfronts are nice I guess just not really something that thrills me kind of like scenarios, they are okay... not really the selling point they were advertised yet as for Warfronts, lol im alliance I still cant play mine so no idea but that in itself is a touch annoying.

I love BFA. It's such a good expansion that I can't even compare it to something like Legion (which I deem extremely sub-par).

Theme-wise BFA is just beautiful, such exploration and mythical creatures coupled with a mesmerizing soundtrack, I can't play with background noise anymore. I could go very in depth about just how beautiful I think the overall theme of BFA really is but I prefer to contemplate beauty in silence. So I will.

Classes feel very polished. I haven't experienced such a streamlined experience for more than a decade. I feel that my warrior is a beastly champion of the horde, that my rogue is a sneaky bastard that will kill you in the blink of an eye and that my paladin is a champion of justice that will blind you with her glorious light. Combat is just so fluid and immersive, introducing back the GCD into main CDS was the best thing they could have ever done to combat in WoW.

Finally even end-game content like raids and pvp feel rewarding. I feel like I'm always working towards a more glorious future for my character. There's always something to improve but I don't feel compelled not to sleep in order to do it. It's just amazing.

The azerite system is a clear improvement over artifacts and rng legendaries. I don't think there's anything to discuss here. Everyone seems to love this system and so do I.

And oh please, who doesn't love island expeditions? This is probably the most innovative piece of content blizzard introduced to the mmo scene. The AI jumping around and killing things is just so entertaining to watch from afar. The joy of eliminating them is beyond words.

Warfronts guys, it's warcraft III all over again but in our beloved WoW. I love it. I can't get enough. I don't think there's anything they could have done better regarding warfronts.

Overall I feel so accomplished while playing. Whatever I'm doing I'm enjoying it. It's a beautiful experience that is definitively worthy of my love, and yours.
    this has to be sarcasm. please tell me this is bait.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    this has to be sarcasm. please tell me this is bait.
    Why is it so hard for people to accept love? Is it so hard to believe I love BFA and I'm having the time of my life every single day I log in?

Let me put this very clearly.

I love World of Warcraft - Battle for Azeroth. It's the greatest of expansions and a great foundation for the next decade of WoW expansions. If they continue to be half as great as BFA they'll be great enough.

Classes feel very polished.

Finally even end-game content like raids and pvp feel rewarding.

The azerite system is a clear improvement over artifacts and rng legendaries.

And oh please, who doesn't love island expeditions? This is probably the most innovative piece of content blizzard introduced to the mmo scene. The AI jumping around and killing things is just so entertaining to watch from afar.

Warfronts guys, it's warcraft III all over again but in our beloved WoW. I love it. I can't get enough. I don't think there's anything they could have done better regarding warfronts.
    Honestly, are you serious? Or is this very well hidden sarcasm? I really don't know.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, are you serious? Or is this very well hidden sarcasm? I really don't know.
    This is a serious forum. A serious forum full of hate. Today I made it my mission to spread some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread itself is needed but the author is skeptical

Broken clock.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    I feel it in the gameplay not the story, so it feels utterly disjointed, I have to say without the WoT lead in I would be considering this a very enjoyable moment but atm it feels so incredibly disjointed in the narrative. That being said the rollout was lovely, the zones are actually quite fun. And the armor and weapons actually look nice.

Complaints would be the classes seems really kind of dull atm. At least rogue I miss my toys! *sob* And like I said with the story so disjointed I really don't care about Jaina's wild ride I have so many more questions. Warfronts are nice I guess just not really something that thrills me kind of like scenarios, they are okay... not really the selling point they were advertised yet as for Warfronts, lol im alliance I still cant play mine so no idea but that in itself is a touch annoying.
    Good post.

This is what makes you a valued member of the community and why I admire your quality posts all the time. Well stated. +1

This is a serious forum. A serious forum full of hate. Today I made it my mission to spread some love.
    Thanks for clarifying, now I know what this thread really is!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Circle jerk... ? No. This is an appreciation thread where we appreciate BFA for what it is. One of the best expansions WoW has ever released and a great success for the genre itself.
    Holinka gtfo from this forum

As many people said by now, including a bunch of different WoW youtubers and streamers:
    Most BfA systems and mechanics are simply inferior versions of Legions' systems. None of the big BfA features were successful in a big way, so it just feels like "another WoW expansion". More quests, more dungeons, more raids, but not much more than that. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just not great.

War campaign is simply inferior to class campaigns.
    Azerite armor is a more confusing less satisfying version of Artifacts.
    Island Expeditions (PvE) don't feel that different than doing World Quests. Overall pretty underwhelming.
    No real equivalent of Suramar/max level questing. The story gets stagnant pretty much as soon as you complete the leveling zones.

Crafting Professions (Blacksmith, etc) are even more gutted than usual. Archaeology is probably more rewarding than Blacksmithing at the moment.
    Allied Races are simply a variation on new races: You get more of them, but they are less unique.
    Warfronts, while a really good idea in concept, and fairly fun to do, are just oozing missed potential because they need to fit everyone and there are no difficulty options. PvP Warfronts could have become what Ashran failed to be.

Overall, you have little to no control or customization of your character progression at max level. You have a pre-defined "flow" of playing to continuously roll the slot machine and hope you win. But I guess this has been a problem since, at least, WoD, so probably not fair to include in BfA criticism I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still having fun, and I think overall in the current state it still is a good game. I particularly enjoyed the leveling and zones in BfA, quite a lot more than I did Legion's.
    With that said, BfA does have pretty big core flaws across its many systems, and they should be pointed out and addressed by Blizzard.

All in all, to me there's no denying that while BfA is still fun and a decent game, it is objectively an inferior expansion than usual - similar to what I thought of WoD.
    At the moment it doesn't feel like a MMORPG, but like a Themepark Action-adventure game with gear. You login, do some action-adventure gameplay you are able to do for the day or week, hope the slot machine will give you some gear, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2018-09-18 at 04:57 PM.