Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

What would be your definition of an alpha man?

We regulary hear about "alpha males" and "beta males" or "beta cucks" on the social medias and stuff. Now, without going to "alpha males are real" "alpha males are not real, it is a buzzword created by the alt-right NAZIIIIIIIS !"; let's suppose it is a reality, what would be YOUR definition of an alpha male?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    We regulary hear about "alpha males" and "beta males" or "beta cucks" on the social medias and stuff. Now, without going to "alpha males are real" "alpha males are not real, it is a buzzword created by the alt-right NAZIIIIIIIS !"; let's suppose it is a reality, what would be YOUR definition of an alpha male?
    I thought alpha males was a buzzword used by the lefties to put down any man who showed excess testosterone.

A man who is comfortable in his own skin, one who does not need manufactured labels to feel strong. SO, any one saying they are an "Alpha male" is not one.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-existent. Even the man who came up with the term Alpha Male (which applies to wolves) tried to have the book he wrote about it in taken off shelves.

It wasn't created by the alt-right -- it was created by Rudolph Schenkel in the 1940s. Who later found out his Alphas...we're simply parents.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    Alpha fucks. Beta bucks.

The major idea of alpha males not existing is that we appropriated much of the terminology on alpha and beta males from studies done on gray wolves in which we assumed that there was a strict pecking order of unrelated wolves with an alpha male and alpha female. However, as we researched into wolves in the wild (as we had mostly been studying captive wolves), we discovered that their pack heirarchy wasn't based off of the most dominant male and female individuals, but rather the mother and father, with beta wolves essentially being subordinate offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I thought alpha males was a buzzword used by the lefties to put down any man who showed excess testosterone.
    Incels tend to be more in line with Trumpsterism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Term used on both sides.

I tend to laugh when I hear people announcing they are the alpha, which to me means, that they aren't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A man that dominates the competition, often grunting to show who's boss while bedding numerous women. Beating of the chest is a thing.

The beta gets sloppy seconds, if lucky.

The omega is an incel.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-09-18 at 07:30 PM.

In a single world : bollocks, does not even exist amongst wolves, let alone humans.

If people wanted to imitate wolves sexuality, we would see edgelords peeing on the submissive other edgelord (Yes, males wolves showing dominance urinate on the loser. This is a wolf sexual behavior. Wolves don't put lupinedorahs on their heads and go to the local wolfbar to hit on young shewolf, then go cry on WolfTwitter that feminism ruined grey shewolf, since they rejected him despite his best pickup lines about raiding the garbage bin of a McDonald in Anchorage)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2018-09-18 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Term used on both sides.

I tend to laugh when I hear people announcing they are the alpha, which to me means, that they aren't.
    I agree with that 100%. There's a friend of mine who is always posting on social media how he doesn't give a fuck what people thinks all the time. I am sitting here thinking, I don't give a fuck what people think and I don't announce it because I really don't give a fuck. I think the same is true bout confident men, they don't need to announce it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Using the Fight Club analogy:

Brad Pitt's Tyler Durden: Alpha

Ed Norton's Narrator: Beta

5+ Year Old Account
    Varian Wrynn is a stereotype of the ideal alpha male.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockus Maximus View Post
    Varian Wrynn is a stereotype of the ideal alpha male.
    So presumably people who brag about packing heat are in fact ''betawusses'' since they don't use the Varian Wrynn problem solving approach AKA ''hit them in the face with a very big sword'' ?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    So presumably people who brag about packing heat are in fact ''betawusses'' since they don't use the Varian Wrynn problem solving approach AKA ''hit them in the face with a very big sword'' ?
    First of all I was referring more to his character rather than his choice of weapons. Secondly, there are certain perspectives which consider ranged weaponry less honorable (honor being an alpha male trait) than melee.

Even Varian's split personality episode is from classic lore about the development of the inner alpha male. Read "King, Warrior, Magician, Lover" by Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette if the subject is of interest to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Don't start with buzzwords and retarded comments please.

This thread is not about "do alpha males exist?" or "were do the terms alpha male come from?"; i don't know if the term alpha male as a basis in reality, i don't even care, i'm just curious about how people would individually define the fact of being an alpha male, so let's pretend alpha males are.

Don't start with buzzwords and retarded comments please.

This thread is not about "do alpha males exist?" or "were do the terms alpha male come from?"; i don't know if the term alpha male as a basis in reality, i don't even care, i'm just curious about how people would individually define the fact of being an alpha male, so let's pretend alpha males are.
    Having the discussion gives credence to such nonsense. There's no point defining it if it has no relevance to how anything actually works.

7+ Year Old Account
    The dominate male of a group. Also one that has so far avoided soy based products and has not used the fear grimace on social media.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with Nick Offerman (Ron Swanson)'s idea of a real man.

Just stand up for your principles and be loyal to your friends and family.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Having the discussion gives credence to such nonsense. There's no point defining it if it has no relevance to how anything actually works.
    By this principle, nothing is worth discussing.