Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Dream on, the latest comments by Brack is that they still have a ton of work to do, I wouldn't expect more than an update that they're really busy working on it. Release? Don't hold your breath.
    Ugh, was really hoping to see it this year but always knew i was shooting for the stars.

My guess.

- Allied Race tease
    - Future Warfront tease
    - Aszhara/N'zoth storyline post Sanctum of the Storms
    - Some hints at the future of the Horde, Sylvanas and Jaina

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Nazjatar as an exact copy-paste of The Broken Shore.

More boring WQs, chests and rares.
    I predict you'll still be here, blessing us with insightful comments about a game you don't enjoy playing

7.2 def, if 7.1 goes on ptr this week, live prob the end of October/ early November, obv the raid will be delayed, no ones even killed mythic g'hunn. I expect continent, new allied race requirements, further improvement to warfront and azerite, new mythic dungeon and new season affix, teaser of azshara raid, new islands and warfront, next set of heritage armor, improvements to community system, and prob a couple of more casual solo content like the pet battle dungeon.

Probably Kul Tiran/Zandalari stuff because they won't have been released by then and then announce they will be in 8.1.5.

Nazjatar reveal with showing off the raid, some more heritage armor for old races, maybe Vulperas/Gnomes and then a "WE'RE GOING TO SHADOWLANDS"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Pretty much what the titles read. If 8.1 was pretty much revealed today, then what is at Blizzcon for us? The only thing I can imagine is talks about 8.1.5, 8.2, and some story telling stuff. If the Argus announcement back in the day was any example to go by.
    Some Blizzcons just don't have any exciting WoW news. You get a new expansion announcement next year.

Two words: Zandalari Paladins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Next two allied races.
    Pretty confident it's going to be Vulpera (H), as for the Alliance, not sure... Either Sethrak or, God help us.... Junker Gnomes.
    To be fair, Mad Max cyberpunk gnomes would be kinda cool. And it's about time Mekkatorque got some focus.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Next two allied races.
    Pretty confident it's going to be Vulpera (H), as for the Alliance, not sure... Either Sethrak or, God help us.... Junker Gnomes.
    Why are people so against Robo Gnomes? I always loved those guys since Wotlk.

Classic update, 8.2, lots of "the making of" panels. Probably one of them talking about worgen/goblin updates or allied races.

Deleted
    WoD timewalking dungeons.

I will be 100% correct though.

They just played their hand by showing that Invasions are coming back. But with a totally new name and new coat of paint!

I'll eat my hat if there is a single improvement to the system. Copy + paste is coming.
    It's exactly what Ion has been talking about since WOD, them building systems they can iterate on, to reduce dev time to avoid reinventing the wheel every expansion. You expect a whole new game every time, but that's unreasonable to expect in a two year time frame. Everything you're seeing is going to be in the game, moving forward:
    ~Some sort of artifact system with a grindable/gated "currency" (apexis, artifact power, azerite)
    ~Campaign story line
    ~Mission Table
    ~World Quests and World Bosses
    ~Invasions
    ~Scenarios
    ~Warfronts
    ~Dungeons and Raids, with LFR/LFG, normal, heroic and mythic
    ~Reputation grinds
    ~PvP

That's it. That's the expansion, in a nutshell. And the next one will be the same, with small changes and all new art and story - with the return of tier gear, as the azerite experiment is obviously failed. Makes total sense from a dev point of view. I doubt any new systems will be added to the game in the future, unless they rebuild pet battles or professions from the ground up. Or PvP, considering Blizzard's stake in eSports - I don't know where PvP is now, game-wise, I don't read that forum.

The issue, as I see it, is they didn't hang enough stuff onto that framework, like they did in Legion, and are lacking a max level zone with progression, like Surumar. The whiplash from the abundance of Legion to the empty shelves of BfA is what I see as the crux of the issue. I think azerite is flawed, yes, (on paper, I haven't actually had to use the stuff with a sub) and will be the #1 "We need to do better" issue from Ion when 9.0 drops, but it is what it is, and they're committed to it - he was pretty clear on that in the AMA, along with everything else. But if players had more "stuff to do", like Legion, I think the pain of it's flaws, would sting less from having more busywork to do - which is the bread and butter of an MMO. I would have thought they'd learned that lesson from WoD, but it's clear they don't have a good grasp on player's expectations - or worse, don't care.

I kind of think that they killed themselves getting Legion out (and put too much out, which raised expectations), and this is taking a breather for them. And it was released about 2 months too early. So I think the complaints are valid, but complaining about the "cut and paste" aspect is silly, considering Ion has said that's what they were doing, and going to do, since WoD, which is one of the many reasons why I stopped playing. And they're not going to deviate from it, it's pretty clear.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2018-09-18 at 10:46 PM.

This is the year of Diablo and w/e circlejerk new 'hero' they got for Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Horde has a ton more interaction with Sethrak.
    And? Both factions have positive interactions with them, just like the Nightborn, HM Tauren, Lightforged, and to a lesser extent Alleria/VEs. Thing is, the Vulpera are almost a slam dunk for Horde at this point and Sethrak are a natural foil to them, especially considering Alliance has almost exclusively hostile interactions with Vulpera. If Blizzard decides to add Sethrak (which obviously isn't a given) to the player race lineup, I suspect they'll come online the same time Vulpera does, and they're going to be Alliance, for all the reasons stated.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted

This is inherently the problem with BfA. It doesn't feel new. Bellular talks about it in depth in his new video.
    Bellular is becoming kind of a douche since he is starting (or finishing) some studies regarding "game development".

He pretty much only talks about how better he could design WoW since now he has "studies".

Kinda annoying to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Pretty much what the titles read. If 8.1 was pretty much revealed today, then what is at Blizzcon for us? The only thing I can imagine is talks about 8.1.5, 8.2, and some story telling stuff. If the Argus announcement back in the day was any example to go by.
    Pretty much the same stuff we got the Blizzcon after legion launch? 8.2 announcement + Trailer, 8.3 teaser
    Also they're probably gonna Focus on classic this time

- - - Updated - - -

I 100% agree with you.

This is inherently the problem with BfA. It doesn't feel new. Bellular talks about it in depth in his new video.

I feel like I've been doing this content for 2 years already. Sure the new zones and leveling is fantastic. But everything at end game is exactly the same but worse in most areas.

I had a thread that got nuked talking about how BfA is just straight up missing a Suramar zone. The War Campaign is also a much weaker version of the Class Hall campaigns.

I think us veterans of the game are all starting to realise that the game isn't made for us anymore. This copy + paste style of content delivery alongside the neutered Class Design is just really dissapointing.

It wouldn't so much feel like I was doing the same old contrived content that I was in Legion maybe if my Class Gameplay was made fresh and exciting.

Instead it's just a worse version of the Legion version, which wasn't very good to begin with.
    I just think that more and more people are getting tired of WoW as a whole, since it has been pretty much the same since TBC (which makes sense, since an Expansion is an Expansion and not a new game), but they kinda fail to realize that and think that some trivial gameplay changes are the reason why they don't enjoy it anymore. The only sorta exception being Legion that added Mythic+ as competitive content. New expansions will always feel less and less interesting to 'veterans', because it's always gonna be more of the same.

I mean please explain what was so different about the other expansions if you disagree. You'd get some new lore (the only unique Thing), you Level up, do your dailies, grind rep, do dungeons, Raids, arena, bgs... then new Patches add extra lore and more of the same Content.

btw. this has already been clearly said in your Suramar thread
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-09-18 at 11:29 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Probably tease 8.2 and maybe show off the new Goblin & Worgen models.

Chances are 8.1 releases the week before, of or after Blizzcon so by that point they can show us what to look forward to in the future since Blizzcon 2019 won't be for a long time and they have no reason to keep 8.2 a secret.

I'm not saying they'll tell us everything that happens in 8.2 because I'm sure they don't know everything but they'll announce the big stuff that they know for sure will be in it like maybe what's going on with Azshara or something. Maybe there will even be a surprise warbringers or another cinematic.

Diablo 4 announced by Chris Wilson

Deleted
    As opposed to the daily troll threads you create where you flip flop on what you think is good and bad?

You're the definition of annoying. I think I saw you spam threads yesterday telling people to buy Dragon Quest 11 if they don't like WoW..... Then a few threads later you said you hadn't even played it.
    Herm...i've played like 5 Dragon Quests and enjoyed them all.
    I love the franchise?~~I even said so on the same post you quoted.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-09-19 at 12:13 AM.

Seems pretty obvious D4 is going to be the main event at Blizzcon. WOW might be early preview of 8.2 or more likely 8.1.5.

Please updated worgen models