Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Will N'Zoth Cameo on Crucible of Storms?

With the announcement of what's to come in 8.1.0, and the already numerous indirect Old God references we've seen in BfA already, could this raid be the first time we get a direct interaction with N'Zoth?

I hope so based on this picture:

The eye is designed very similar to how N'Zoth's eye was designed in "Warbringers: Azshara":

And the eye designs on Azshara herself, across her head:

Now being that this raid will take place underneath Shrine of the Storms, I suppose its safe to say it will be underwater. How could we not have any interaction with N'Zoth being that close to his supposed prison location?

100% he will Cameo

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think those eyes are either decoration or they belong to the massive creature underneath the Shrine that has those tentacles that kill you.

I don't think this belongs in the Lore forum.

Can we talk about what exactly that creature is in front of N'zoth?

It has a naga body, but a snake/dragon head and it's not a Naga.

Meh, would it be a mark out moment? Old Gods aren't necessarily "cool", they're these faceless tentacle monsters who are just the root of all evil--personality-wise they're all the same and just regurgitate the same babble about corruption and our friends killing us and us dying alone. Not really a cameo to look forward to.

Whispers: YOU WILL DIE ALONE, AND YOUR FRIENDS WILL ALL LEAVE YOU, AND I WILL SHIT ON THESE WALLS, AND FART IN YOUR MOUTH, GRAWWWWR!"
    Me: Uh... ok, I'm just gonna get my loot and get out.

A revived Lady Vashj cameo would be better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I don't think this belongs in the Lore forum.
    PM a mod to move it

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. That, or the Darkmoon Faire is redecorating.

But I hope he does. Old Gods are cool - faceless tentacle monsters who spread their evil around - personality-wise, I liked that Blizzard managed to give 'em different personalities. Even when they all have a similar agenda - corrupt the land, bend the minds - it's always a interesting cameo to look foward to.

Way better than reviving old characters from nowhere.

Most likely. "Our enemies are here <final boss> finish them" or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    PM a mod to move it
    This seems like an appropriate subforum for this thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Probably. That, or the Darkmoon Faire is redecorating.

But I hope he does. Old Gods are cool - faceless tentacle monsters who spread their evil around - personality-wise, I liked that Blizzard managed to give 'em different personalities. Even when they all have a similar agenda - corrupt the land, bend the minds - it's always a interesting cameo to look foward to.

Way better than reviving old characters from nowhere.
    How are C'thun, Yogg-Saron and N'zoth different personality-wise? What do we know of their origins and pasts that distinguishes them beyond aesthetics? Their wants (are the same), needs, hopes, and dreams? They're identical in their motivations and there is nothing to their character that gives any of them depth, they're just tools of the Void to serve a singular purpose and they war against each other because it's in their nature. It's like filling a kennel with starving pitbulls and expecting one to be different from the next beyond color scheme.

Character returns can be exciting if done well (Illidan.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

Could just be a new design for a Male Naga. After all they look less elf-like and only have two arms in comparison to female Naga.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Could just be a new design for a Male Naga. After all they look less elf-like and only have two arms in comparison to female Naga.
    If anything, I would think that it is a particularly mutated Naga, explaining his being a boss. Remember that Naga mutated in plenty of shapes and forms

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    How are C'thun, Yogg-Saron and N'zoth different personality-wise? What do we know of their origins and pasts that distinguishes them beyond aesthetics? Their wants (are the same), needs, hopes, and dreams? They're identical in their motivations and there is nothing to their character that gives any of them depth, they're just tools of the Void to serve a singular purpose and they war against each other because it's in their nature. It's like filling a kennel with starving pitbulls and expecting one to be different from the next beyond color scheme.

Character returns can be exciting if done well (Illidan.)
    N'Zoth was the weakest, but he knew that in the long term losing against the others in combats would work out - the others, being bigger threats, were dealt with first. When he talks with you, it's like a normal person having a conversation. He didn't told Azshara that she would only find ruin, or that her heart would explode - no, he made her think that she would be magnificent. A Queen.

Meanwhile, C'thun only attacked when he felt the Qiraji were ready, and with large armies. Being cruel, brute and precise. Short of words, but a Old God of action. A bit shallow. Even the way you find him is like that: In this small corridor, you turn left there, you turn right here, and suddenly, you are in a room with him.

Yogg-Saron, the loudest, simply bent the will of whatever he reached, putting in motion whatever plan he could put his tentacles around. Emerald Nightmare? He sparked it. Saronite for the Lich King? He provided it! Influencing Loken, impersonating Sif, even (for some reason) creating that weird avatar: Sara. In the fight against him, we managed to see lots of different plans - especially the Dragon Soul plot.

Now, Y'shaarj, he was the mightiest. And even after his defeat, he managed to create chaos - not by crushing mind-bending, no. He just needed to make someone angry, or someone doubtful, and things sorted itself out. Being only a beating heart, he did his best to give Garrosh the tools - his blood - to create chaos.

And, even if Xal'atath isn't an Old God, she also demonstrated personality: resentful of her demise. Feeling cheated. But she waited, patiently, being passed from hand to hand, until a worthy one came: The High Priest of the Conclave. The final tool of her vengeance.

...But sure, if you think Illidan's return was a well-done story, it makes sense that you think that Old Gods lack potential and personality.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2018-09-19 at 05:26 PM.

Yogg-Saron, the loudest, simply bent the will of whatever he could, putting in motion whatever plan he could put his tentacles around. Emerald Nightmare? He sparked it.
    Didn't Blizz confirm years ago that N'zoth was the maker of the nightmare? Unless it was retconned in the 2nd or 3rd Chronicles
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Didn't Blizz confirm years ago that N'zoth was the maker of the nightmare? Unless it was retconned in the 2nd or 3rd Chronicles
    Yogg-Saron tapped into the roots of the World Tree, creating the way for the others. But N'Zoth worked the most into it. He's just like that - all about the corruptions.

Yogg oppened the door, N'Zoth threw some gasoline inside.

N'Zoth was the weakest, but he knew that, in the long term, losing against the others in combats would work out - the others, being bigger threats, were dealt with first. When he talks with you, it's like a normal person having a conversation. He didn't told Azshara that she would only find ruin, or that her heart would explode - no, he made her think that she would be magnificent. A Queen.

Meanwhile, C'thun only attacked when he felt the Qiraji were ready, and with large armies. Being cruel, brute and precise. Short of words, but a Old God of action. A bit shallow. Even the way you find him is like that: In this small corridor, you turn left there, you turn right here, and suddenly, you are in a room with him.

Yogg-Saron, the loudest, simply bent the will of whatever he reached, putting in motion whatever plan he could put his tentacles around. Emerald Nightmare? He sparked it. Saronite for the Lich King? He provided it! Influencing Loken, impersonating Sif, even (for some reason) creating that weird avatar: Sara. In the fight against him, we managed to see lots of different plans - especially the Dragon Soul plot.

Now, Y'shaarj, he was the mightiest. And even after his defeat, he managed to create chaos - not by crushing mind-bending, no. He just needed to make someone angry, or someone doubtful, and things sorted itself out. Being only a beating heart, he did his best to give Garrosh the tools - his blood - to create chaos.

And, even if Xal'atath isn't an Old God, she also demonstrated personality: resentful of her demise. Feeling cheated. But she waited, patiently, being passed from hand to hand, until a worthy one came: The High Priest of the Conclave. The final tool of her vengeance.

...But sure, if you think Illidan's return was a well-done story, it makes sense that you think that Old Gods lack potential and personality.
    Yshaarj was not the heart. The heart was simply a tool nothing more.

I'd like to hear his whispers there. Just as we had with Yogg in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    It was in the first that it was mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

N'Zoth was the weakest, but he knew that, in the long term, losing against the others in combats would work out - the others, being bigger threats, were dealt with first. When he talks with you, it's like a normal person having a conversation. He didn't told Azshara that she would only find ruin, or that her heart would explode - no, he made her think that she would be magnificent. A Queen.

Nzoth did not know he was the weakest considering he fought Yshaarj

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

Male naga in the Azshara model with multiple tentacle legs. Probably one of her elite.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Yshaarj was not the heart. The heart was simply a tool nothing more.
    Yeah, you'r right. Y'shaarj was not the heart.

Y'shaarj was fucking gone lol Aman'thul wrecked him.

The heart just held an echo of his being.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Nzoth did not know he was the weakest considering he fought Yshaarj
    The dog may be weaker than the bear, but if he has to, he will still fight.

Also, it wasn't N'zoth who classified himself as the "weakest". This is just Xal'atath's opinion on him.