Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes i enjoy the game yes ill get far more out of it then any other game no a boat isn't worth it but why not.

Since I pay on a 6 month cycle anyway, and I know I'll be playing this game (Been subbed consistently since TBC), the mount is just icing on the cake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    It's actually a $77 commitment, which is cheaper than paying by the month. If you were planning to play anyway, why not get a mount and almost a month off for free?
    That's not the point. We're a month into a brand new xpac, reception has been overwhelming poor, and Blizzard is now briding players to stay subbed with a "limited time" mount. Falling for this shady tactic gives Blizzard no motive to better the game. Once they have your money, they don't give a shit.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    It's actually a $77 commitment, which is cheaper than paying by the month. If you were planning to play anyway, why not get a mount and almost a month off for free?
    Yes please!

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the game. I have a good job. 67 eur is nothing to me. So i buy and get cool unique mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Some of us like the game and want to be subbed. How about you yank your head out and respect other people's opinions about what they find fun?
    Yeah like I was judging people for liking the game
    I was just pondering, why would they give a reward for subbing another six months, because no company gives anything for free.
    I've been paying 6 month sub for years, no one ever gave me a mount reward, why are they giving one now? oh yeah to help hurricane people.
    Too bad there wasn't a hurricane like 5 years ago, could have gotten a mount.

I'm asking myself all these questions right now. well minus the games that are not actualy on bnet launcher since if I buy this subscription block, it would be with bnet balance that was acquired via in game gold.

the nitty gritty is.. i WAS going to resubscribe eventually, just closer to when pathfinder part 2 is released. mounts are basically $25 on their own, so lets say I resubscribe anyways 3 or 4 months down the road, its basically as if I paid that $25 anyways, but did not get subscription time out of it. that said, the question is also - would I have bought that mount had it not been attached to a promo? and the thing is, even if I don't end up playing - with the change to reputation achievements where they count for meta across account - I don't have to force myself to play on my shaman (who used to be my main and my favorite, but omg, she is so painful to play in this expac, its not even funny), which means I may actualy be a little more motivated to play and i could always just spend the tiny amount of time it took me before, on making up the gold I just spent on the promo and there are a lot of questions to ask yourself, if you are not one of the players who already has ongoing 6 months sub.

and I'm honestly still not sure if i'm going to do this. promo runs until october 21, so.. one month to decide.

P.S. I typically subscribe in 3 months blocks, even if I do end up playing for 6 months plus, as I feel like I'm still getting a bit of a discount, but at the same time, there is more room for me to change my mind.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-09-19 at 10:37 PM.

Well since I plan on playing no matter what I don't have to ask myself anything.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Don't see myself quitting anytime soon, because i don't have a life and don't even care if I enjoy the game or not. Just saves me money, fuck it.
    Most honest post in this thread. Someone get this person a free month.

Blizzard, don't fucking tell me a fucking magical flying SHIP can't move over a fucking water like other water gliding mounts can.

Because a fucking blimp from the last year can't.

No, really, I'm actually pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    It's a predatory deal, man. Take that term as you want it, but that's what it is. It's trying to wow people (no pun intended) into buying something big and flashy and get impulse buys. Scary capitalism terms, I know, but that's what they are.

A good deal if you really want the mount or are going to assuredly play for 6 months. A bit of a waste if not, but it's up to individuals to decide whether they want the deal for whatever reason or not.
    Okay, whatever floats your boat. I guess in the future companies shouldn't offer deals or promotions to their customers and just, I dunno, stand in a corner somewhere and hope someone comes buy their stuff out of pity. Heaven forbid adding a video game mount is added to an existing 6 month subscription deal, some people might find it predatory after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Okay, whatever floats your boat. I guess in the future companies shouldn't offer deals or promotions to their customers and just, I dunno, stand in a corner somewhere and hope someone comes buy their stuff out of pity. Heaven forbid adding a video game mount is added to an existing 6 month subscription deal, some people might find it predatory after all.
    The problem with that logic is that it only looks at the surface, and not the underlying reasons WHY they're offering this deal at this particular moment.

Blizzard knows they're in a bit of a bind. They shipped an unfinished, unpolished product that didn't meet the expectations of many of their customers. Enough uproar from the community has caused Blizzard to take action: On the one hand dropping AMAs and previews and hype for upcoming content. On the other hand an incentive to not just resub, but to commit to SIX MONTHS of sub.

What this tells me is that Blizzard wants to buy time to scramble and fix things without risking the mass exodus that the launch of BfA actually deserves. If you buy their 6 month deal, you're effectively trading what should have been a strong message to Blizzard to clean up their game and get back to making a high-quality, polished product......for a fucking mount skin.

If you were going to fanboi and stay subbed to the game no matter what trash Blizzard shovels your way, then wahtever. Your opinion literally doesn't matter because you already sold it long ago, and NOTHING is going to change your mind. But if you actually care about improving the quality of the game and letting Blizzard know they can't just fuck off like they've done with BfA, then you probably shouldn't buy their mount skin "deal".

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    the mount is basicly free (and saves you some extra money v.s. paying per month), unless you think of unsubbing. Basicly if you know your gonna be subbed the coming 6 months its a very good deal to get as you get the mount and pay less in the process than you would have paid.
    To be honest I bought the deluxe version of BFA
    and just been using my alts to buy wow tokens. It was a bit tricky for a while
    then when the prices dropped from 325k down to 169k I bought enough till june next year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Wait what, I'm paid until 2020 with legion gold, does that mean I can get mount for free?
    No, it has to be a 180 reccuring sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I already accidentally subbed for 6 months because I forgot to change it.

It's pretty obvious there's going to be a distinct lack of content for the next 6 months. They did this before with getting Diablo 3 "free" with a 12 month sub, and that had two disappointing games for the price of one.
    Where do you people get off being this clueless? We just got 2!!! raids revealed. How on earth will there be a lack of content?!

If this was in the last tier, i could pretend to believe your nonsense, but after a huge patch was just revealed, you are grasping at straws.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-09-19 at 11:05 PM.

I would be subbed on this period anyway, so I'm pretty happy in getting six months + a cool mount for the price of five. Thanks, Blizzard! <3

I mean I thought long and hard about it b---- PIRATE SHIP???!?! BUY!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Chill out, kiddo.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal and I'm not saying Blizzard is necessarily wrong to offer the deal, as it's a good deal if you will actually use what you buy from it. But it's a predatory promotion designed to get people who wouldn't have stayed subbed for six months to forcibly pay for six months (with a bulk discount) up front.

This offer wasn't aimed at people who were going to stay subbed without it. Blizzard isn't just being 'nice' by offering the deal, they want to make money- not give it away. It's for people who wouldn't stay subbed for sixth months without a special offer. It's basic marketing, and it's predatory capitalism. You have a whiny little axe to grind so you're going to come at me with sarcasm and a bitchy attitude with absolutely zero intent on even listening to my logic, because it'll just translate to white noise for you because you're already convinced you know best and that, god forbid, someone simply point out the nature of this offer. Good for you! As this is the case, however, I am no longer responding to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You're preaching to the choir here. Most people on this forum are addicts and fanboys.

They absolutely will jump on this offer and it won't teach Blizzard a thing about how poorly delivered BfA is.
    Or maybe... just maybe, the whinning is over-proportioned and a lot are actually enjoying the game? Shocking, right?! It's like your opinion is biased or something and not representative of everyone else. Crazy talk!

Anyone knows what happens if I buy 180 days as a gift? For myself, but not activated. It does say "180 days and Dreadwake Mount" on the page where you enter recipients address. Do I get it when activating? What if I activate after a year or into next expansion?