Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i'd rather bosses enforced 0 socialization at work places.

you should be there to work, mindlessly, efficiently. only talking when the work demands it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an update for those who care:::

Said friend that was forced to be friends with someone stood her ground and continued her work as she always has without going out of her way to be friends with toxic employee...

Today (roughly 2 weeks later) she was just let go. Laid off under the California "AT WILL" employment. Which if you're not familiar, you can be fired for anything at any time.

I dont think she's the type to grab a lawyer and wreck havoc but, thats the end to this insane story. Im shocked right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post

Said friend that was forced to be friends with someone stood her ground and continued her work as she always has without going out of her way to be friends with toxic employee...

Today (roughly 2 weeks later) she was just let go. Laid off under the California "AT WILL" employment. Which if you're not familiar, you can be fired for anything at any time.

I dont think she's the type to grab a lawyer and wreck havoc but, thats the end to this insane story. Im shocked right now.
    Unless she can produce something that says 100% she was fired for not being friends, nothing can be done. The boss never made a direct suggestion that they would get fired because of it, only suggested that they should be friends again. Everyone whining about contacting HR and/or a lawyer, doesn't realize how "at will" laws work.

Fuck, even with something that might even suggest she got fired for not being friendly with the other individual, the place of employment can just fall back on saying it did indeed cause a drop off in efficiency or office moral because of the situation.
    Last edited by noladrew; 2018-09-20 at 05:08 AM. Reason: cuz fuck it

I have a saying I favor when dealing with employees drama- “ I can’t make anyone like you, but they must respect you. “ as soon as it delves into the realm of harassment or bullying, I have to step in. Past that I don’t care if employees don’t like each other.

Honestly, the OP never happened. It’s the OPs fanfic of Work.

And the boss was perfectly in the realm of good management until the second letter stating “I don’t care be friends anyways”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Unless she can produce something that says 100% she was fired for not being friends, nothing can be done. The boss never made a direct suggestion that they would get fired because of it, only suggested that they should be friends again. Everyone whining about contacting HR and/or a lawyer, doesn't realize how "at will" laws work.
    She has emails saying how disappointed he is in her and tells her to make it right. She tells him as long as work is getting done, there should be no problem. He replies with he doesn't care and she NEEDS to go be friends.

Then she is let go and nobody else is? Do I have to point this out to you how clear it was why she was laid off?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I have a saying I favor when dealing with employees drama- “ I can’t make anyone like you, but they must respect you. “ as soon as it delves into the realm of harassment or bullying, I have to step in. Past that I don’t care if employees don’t like each other.

Honestly, the OP never happened. It’s the OPs fanfic of Work.

And the boss was perfectly in the realm of good management until the second letter stating “I don’t care be friends anyways”
    Yes it did happen. Too many people must have disappointed you in life for you to think id write it up, then come back weeks later to update it. Thats time I dont have to make shit up. But you can live in your tiny bubble as long as you need to so you feel safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering employee B wasn't fired... I'm guessing they are friends with the boss... ether way the boss is an idiot for getting rid of a perfectly good employee over something that was none of his business.... but in the end if this is how he wants to run this company and employee A doesn't want to fight that's that.

Seems just dumb to fire someone over something like this... both from an ethical point of view and a business one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post

Definitely should sue. The employer doesn't stand a chance when he/she was stupid enough to offer evidence of wrongful termination prior to firing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

send a note back saying "does your wife know about your lunch time 'Friendship' meetings with your secretary at the local hotel? No, then butt out of my life or i'll butt into yours"