Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I subbed for a year for Tyrael’s horse.
    I may sub for six for this.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    I haven't been unsubbed to this game in like 6 years now. Might as well get a sweet new mount out of it.
    I haven't been unsubbed from this game since 3 months after launch. My husband was the same, up until last year. Now he worships Overwatch .

I started paying for 6 months at a time years ago. Getting a mount out of it is AWESOME!

I know games that give you a new mount every YEAR for subbing that long... blizz finally giving one for a 6 month reward in year 16? THANK YOU And can we get these on the regular now? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Don't expect to find logic or rational minds on this forum.

Almost everyone here sees no wrong with this company or the game, and their best comeback to pointing out flaws is "if you don't like it, quit"
    Yes because getting a free mount for something we're already paying for - that's the worst type of company.

~~

Gotta wonder all the people on their high horses in here about how evil Blizz is being for 'holding a mount over your head' (ha..ha) - if they've truly avoided advertising their entire life. Cuz otherwise, well every dollar they've already spent was rewarding the same behavior. UHOH WE'RE ALL FEEDING THE EBIL MACHINE! How dare they ask us to pay for something we want!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    /chestbumb
    /brofist
    /cane shake

Funnily, my 6 months sub was paid this summer and now the promotion takes it into account, so I got the new flying ship (old one is from Blizzcon 2017).

But following the advice, asking myself: Do I want to sub for WoW?
    And answering: Yes, I do.

Bonus question to myself: do I care about any of the shooters OP mentioned?
    Answer: Not in the slightest.

I have a guild full of friends, we play almost every day together. I don't really see how unsubbing is going to improve my experience by disallowing me to do my hobby with my friends. When I want to play other games I do that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    because you never know if you will get burned out like most people and then you have wasted your money.
    "Most" people?

But you are right. I do not know. And neither do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I mean the game most certainly has issues atm not even denying that. But people here are going out of their way to tell people they shouldn't enjoy a game or buy things they want is just..... sad.

I mean if you need to come to an online forum and faux dictate how people should spend their money then I find that odd if I'm honest.
    Clarification: We're not trying to dictate how you spend your money. We're trying ro get people to realize the consequences and ramifications of their spending.

Blizzard is pulling something of a shady move here. They're trying to get people to focus on "Shiny! New! LIMITED TIME ONLY! Dont miss out!" while the approval and popularity of their unfinished product is in the midst of being rightfully crapped upon by the community.

And worse, it's an attemp to lock players in to 6 months of approval of any further screw ups they make.

You can still buy into it if you don't care about any of that. But for players that care about the quality of the game and holding Blizzard responsible for their sub-standard quality so far, this is kind of an important thing to think about before maling the purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    I haven't been unsubbed to this game in like 6 years now. Might as well get a sweet new mount out of it.
    ^

A large portion of the playerbase is loyal and never unsubs.

More than likely they won't gain that much from these people, in fact they lost $13 from me paying monthly, so they essentially paid me $13 to take the mount.

Theres a sub faction of players they reeled in and gaurantee'd they won't unsub now, but I imagine it's a small portion.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you may ask yourself... well..how did I get here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Initially I thought "Wow what a cool mount, I'm definitely doing this!", then I thought about it and my excitement faded a bit. I'm currently at a place where I think I'll probably do it, but I'm gonna wait a few more weeks. School is pretty stressful right now, but I'm enjoying raiding so I see myself at least being subbed for another month. I also quit at the beginning of both WoD and Legion, although I did a lot of Legion stuff in 7.3.5. So, there's a backlog of content that I would like to do that could tide me over even in BfA isn't satisfying me.

The only thing that could make me unsub right now is if my guild fell apart and I couldn't easily find a new one that meets my progression expectations or if school becomes too much to balance with WoW in the equation. Although, if I did take part in this promotion and either of these things came to be, I still think I'd get enough playtime to warrant the price in comparison to most other AAA games out there.

Money is tight-ish right now though, so we'll see but I'm leaning heavily towards doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Ask yourself these questions:

- Is a digital asset -- likely one of dozens in your inventory -- worth a 6 month $70USD/$100CAD+ commitment?
    - If you resub for 6 months, what message are you sending to the developer? are you happy with class balance? happy with itemization? happy with pvp? happy with time gating of activities?
    - If you resub for 6 months, will you get the same value out of that time than spending the money elsewhere? Any of Black Ops IIII, Battlefield V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Darksiders 3, or Forza Horizon 4 could be had for much less on launch day.

There are a good number of people who are enjoying Battle for Azeroth. The dungeons are well done, raiding has been a great success. Some people are enjoying their new characters with the unlocked Allied races. The art design, music, and overall production values are high.

If you think you can keep playing the game for 6 more months and enjoy it the whole time, then your money is well spent. Patch 8.1 will come late November or early january, there's new content to enjoy as well.

If you're already bored or burning out, you could save yourself money for 3....4....even 5 months and still come back for patch 8.1.

The question is: is a digital boat (that doesn't work in water) worth $40-60 of playtime if you could be enjoying another game?
    Now ask yourself: what business is it of yours what other people do with their money and time?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I paid for my 6 month couple of weeks ago and still got a mount. Didn't even know that i'll get it, since i plan to play and have fun for at least 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    And what's the ETA on those? About five or six months by any chance?
    It's going on the PTR this week. So, you are thinking 5 months of PTR? Says everything about your logic doesn't it?

i would resub if i had time

thats a sweet looking boat

10+ Year Old Account
    I pay for 6 months at a time anyway, but maybe I'll buy one on my second account to annoy people who make topics like this
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Everyone that buys the mount is rewarding Blizz for BFA. Hope you feel good about that. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Clarification: We're not trying to dictate how you spend your money. We're trying ro get people to realize the consequences and ramifications of their spending.

Blizzard is pulling something of a shady move here. They're trying to get people to focus on "Shiny! New! LIMITED TIME ONLY! Dont miss out!" while the approval and popularity of their unfinished product is in the midst of being rightfully crapped upon by the community.

And worse, it's an attemp to lock players in to 6 months of approval of any further screw ups they make.

You can still buy into it if you don't care about any of that. But for players that care about the quality of the game and holding Blizzard responsible for their sub-standard quality so far, this is kind of an important thing to think about before maling the purchase.
    exept your "quality" doesnt equal to our "quality"

we are perfecly happy with the way game is atm - for many of us its better state then it was in years.

so if those 6 months will ensure blizzard they are doing good job i would gladdly buy 24 months to keep it going because so far BfA is amazing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Now ask yourself: what business is it of yours what other people do with their money and time?
    hes angry because 70$ is more then he can spend thats why most of those whiners complain when promotions like this happem

Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    Its 100$? thats like an hours worth of work. So why not? If i play like 8 hours in that six months its still cheaper than going to 5 movies or taking my wife out for dinner
    Are you comparing playing WoW by yourself with taking your loved out for dinner or watching a movie with them? The fuck is happening in this world with people's priorities?

As for this thread, as usual someone makes a thoughtful and suggestive post as food for thought, and everyone gets fucking triggered and loses their shit because it pokes where it hurts.

Mods do nothing. Just another day on MMO C.

Deleted
    Oh wow. Do you think people don't consider the pros and cons of spending their money?

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    digital boat (that doesn't work in water)
    It's a flying mount, what is there to work in water?

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Are you comparing playing WoW by yourself with taking your loved out for dinner or watching a movie with them? The fuck is happening in this world with people's priorities?

As for this thread, as usual someone makes a thoughtful and suggestive post as food for thought, and everyone gets fucking triggered and loses their shit because it pokes where it hurts.

Mods do nothing. Just another day on MMO C.
    would you prefer to compare it to hiring a hooker or buying a ticket to the concert ? who are you to judge what people do with their free time.

wow is one of cheapest sources of entertainment out there .

15+ Year Old Account
    - Is a digital asset -- likely one of dozens in your inventory -- worth a 6 month $70USD/$100CAD+ commitment?
    If I planned to play for 6 months anyway, it doesn't cost me any extra - it's a perk for paying in one lump sum instead of spreading the cost.

- If you resub for 6 months, what message are you sending to the developer? are you happy with class balance? happy with itemization? happy with pvp? happy with time gating of activities?
    That I enjoy their software and find €12,99/month a fair price for their service.

- If you resub for 6 months, will you get the same value out of that time than spending the money elsewhere? Any of Black Ops IIII, Battlefield V, Red Dead Redemption 2, Darksiders 3, or Forza Horizon 4 could be had for much less on launch day.

€12,99/month for six months is one triple-A game. Which general has 20 hours of single player content - max - and then an endless grind of online PvP.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED