Poll: Did Blizzard knew, that BFA was going to be bad in advance?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    2) Forced PVP. WarMode - is big disappointment for me. I thought, that Blizzard had learned Dal Sewers lesson and would finally stop forcing PVEers into PVP via PVE objectives. I.e. that implementation of WarMode would mean removal of PVP flag, cuz it would no longer be needed - PVE players, who would want to PVP - would be able to simply turn WarMode on. But whole War Campaign in actually about it. "Don't want to be PVP-flagged - don't go to enemy territory" rule, you say? Yeah, then I shouldn't even do War Campaign and it's required by Pathfinder, if you remember.
    What are you talking about? You don't need Warmode on to do the War Campaign. You can go to the enemy territory completely PvP free. There is no "forced PvP".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Is it really so hard to believe that the people that make the game want it to succeed?
    Yes, when you see the final product and it's something like BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    You know, here Blizzard claim, that promotion was planned long time ago, so it's clear indication, that it's not tied to current loss of subs. But... What if Blizzard simply knew in advance, that xpack was going to be bad? You know, they actually had Alpha/Beta feedback and they actually experienced enough to know, whether game, they develop, is good or bad.

UPD

Why it's tinfoil, if it's obvious thing? If you'd dig this forum, you'd probably find some old threads, where we warned you, that datamined half-year sub meant, that xpack was obviously going to fail. Blizzard are experienced enough to realize, that they're making filler xpack. Especially, if it's their initial plan. You know, they have been developing this game for 14 years. Ask yourself, how can they make exactly the same mistakes again, again and again then?

UPD2

It's also right moment to implement such promotion now, cuz all players, who have bought BFA + 1 month of sub, have their sub lapsed by now.
    Every WoW expansion in the modern era, and i really mean EVERY, have a downstep in player activity after the first month or so of an expansion. It has rarely something directly to do with quality, but more to the point of people seeing what they wanted to see, hit max level and did some of the first raid, to a point where they felt they have seen what there is to see. It is an obvious point in time to put in a promotion like the thing we see with the dreadship.

So no, its not because they "foresaw" that the expansion would go bad, but just that from experience they know that at this point in time, its really best catch people before they put their sub on hold for the next patch.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

They, didn't know, because it, is, not, bad.

The question is pointless, because it's not bad.

Of course they did *dons tin foil hat* /sarcasm

Blizz be like "Legion was awesome. Let's make BfA bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    especially since all their darling streamers were praising them during beta.
    Listen I'm aware I don't watch every streamer but I spend far too much time watching streams, mostly of WoW. Outside of Towelliee, I saw nothing but bad talking and hate for BFA. The game was failing before it even launched because of "bad press" and then it launched to excitement and enjoyment by many. The game itself is amazing, the end game is severely lacking in large part due to shit rewards. It's still a joke that you can run a 15-20 minute Mythic+ and get 3/5 pieces of gear on repeat where as you spend 10-30 minutes on a raid boss and get 8/30. Once per boss, per week. Don't even get me started on Bonus Rolls. They could be 100% chance to get a piece of gear and not change the game at all.

Two of the biggest features of BFA, Warfronts and Expeditions, feel like they could've been amazing and were half-assed into complete shit. I am excited to see where both of these features could lead with improvements but I won't hold my breath as everybody knows Blizzard scraps things instead of improves on them.

Ofc they knew, it's the worst xpac since wod, im bored after a month. It's bli$$ard, what did you expect.

7+ Year Old Account
    .......jesus man. You guys think Blizzard is like a super development firm as well as the most intelligent marketing firm to ever exist...

Still having fun over here.

Deleted
    Sigh... opinion passed as fact yet again.

No, they thought it would be good, and i agree with them. They also thought that there would be kinks and they were ready to fix them in a few weeks, and they have been. With the changes, even islands were improved. So yeah... the only thing that is bad is community members like you who forgot how to have fun and only see things to hate in front of them trying to get other people to dislike the game aswell.
    If you dislike the game in all it's facets, why are you playing it? There's plenty of other mmo's out there and i greatly encourage people who are disappointed with WoW to go play something else. I think after some time away, you will be able to rationally analyse the game once more and maybe find the fun again.

Yes, they did. They even admitted they did not have enough time to make changes to certain classes and that they would come with 8.1.

7+ Year Old Account
    You know, here Blizzard claim, that promotion was planned long time ago, so it's clear indication, that it's not tied to current loss of subs. But... What if Blizzard simply knew in advance, that xpack was going to be bad? You know, they actually had Alpha/Beta feedback and they actually experienced enough to know, whether game, they develop, is good or bad.

UPD

Why it's tinfoil, if it's obvious thing? If you'd dig this forum, you'd probably find some old threads, where we warned you, that datamined half-year sub meant, that xpack was obviously going to fail. Blizzard are experienced enough to realize, that they're making filler xpack. Especially, if it's their initial plan. You know, they have been developing this game for 14 years. Ask yourself, how can they make exactly the same mistakes again, again and again then?

UPD2

It's also right moment to implement such promotion now, cuz all players, who have bought BFA + 1 month of sub, have their sub lapsed by now.
    We did datamine the pirate "180 day bonus" back in june, if you want i can link you to the wowhead article, so it was planned back then.
    Also no, trying to get people to buy 6 months instead of 1 month.
    this mount is not going to make people who decided "i am going to quit" to stay...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Sadly no.
    They can't quite wrap their heads around why we don't believe then when they tell us how we like things and if we just keep giving them money we will love their grand scheme. Also been mount..
    Except it was planned months ago, we datamined this back in june.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=285211/...bundle-texture
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

well i can tell you that blizzard has done a really good job over the last decade at ruining the game; running the franchise into the ground, warcraft into the ground. why bother paying for something useless such as warcraft now. the whole game is useless now. but you know what it even shows further and that i'm being nice about this. blizzards creative potential is utterly wasted. most of the employees are complacent. blizzards creative process that served them so well has been destroyed. sounds like the money is drying up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    They lied by continuously advertising features that never made it into the launch of BFA, even up until the day it launched. Why are you making excuses for a company that deliberately sold us a game they knew wasn't finished, and STILL isn't finished over a month after launch? People like you are the reason these companies continue to fuck over consumers time and time again, because you validate these shady business tactics by being blind loyalists.
    You mean how Wotlk never broguht the dance studio?
    How wotlk literally has "ariel pvp combat" on the box but it never made it.
    like how cataclysm promoted path of the titans?
    how vanilla advertised demon hunters?
    hmmm almost like other games have made it much, much worse.
    also what feature never made it into BFA that they advertised up to the day of launch?

- - - Updated - - -

Its pirate day.
    this pirate day event has been planned since june.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I mean its not like the blizzard reps cant lie, right? Perhaps they are lying saying it was all done in advance.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=285211/...bundle-texture
    except we literally datamined it in june.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    A loyalty reward is giving you something after you have been a customer for several years, NOT telling you "pay 6 months in advance and we will give any joe blow that just started playing the game a mount and pet"
    I did not have to buy any time, my 6 month sub is running out soon but i got it anyways.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I bet flat earthers would do similar things as you if we would launch them into space. They would claim that NASA drug them or they had virtual reality shit in their space suits.

You thought that this promotion was just to patch out bleeding subs after ton of fuckups last 2 weeks. Turns out it was datamined months ago. You were wrong, deal with it, don't make idiots of yourself.

Of course it's different thing that Blizzard always expect drop of subs after initial months and this time around they try to counter this a little in advance. After all, probably more people cares about cosmetic than actual power and progression.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Its surprising to me that people that supposedly enjoy the game so much are spending so much time defending the game on forums. Its like the game is just not interesting enough to spend that time playing it...
    People can play, and type aswell...
    what the fuck you going on about?
    also there is such a thing as typing on the toliet, on a train, on a subway, on a bus, during break at work, on a flight path, while running to a new quest, while out for a walk, while eating dinner, while walking the dog, w- i would hope you get the point, but im not sure you will.

They knew they were rushing it incomplete and unpolished. Its also probably why we didn't see any CMs around and barely any Dev insights during he Alpha and the Beta. An for the most part launch. It felt more like it did in WoD then it did in LEgion and we all know why that was..

Oh I see what blizz did here.

They paid the shills to say good things about the game, about 65.90 euros each. Then those shills used it on the Dreadwake.

Best business model ever!