Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Handing out unlimited 340 gear for LFG (=NO PRREMADE) content for one faction 2 weeks before the other right at the start of the expansion was a shitty design. That they decided to start with no requirement and then slap 320 on it right after LFR opened was a fuckup....but fuckups happen. Shitty designs however should NOT happen in a 14year old game.

Ion did not apologize for it, either. He even went out of his way to say "Yeah, WFs are extremely rewarding content, that's why they are on a rotation"....and that's why they should not have been up 2 weeks early for one faction. They could have started with 2 WFs and it would have been fine....they could have opened this WF for both factions at the same time BECAUSE they obviously ran out of time and did not get the second WF in for launch.....or they could hand 340 gear to Horde characters while they were still actually garing up and open it for the Alliance when everybody who cares about his gear is past 340.

It simply was a bad idea. And they executed it poorly on top of that. But hey, at least it's just something minor and not one of the very, very, VERY few actually new features compared to Legion! ....oh wait...

Nothing more to say.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-09-20 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I'd just be happy if the 370 was a weapon... those seem to be the most in demand items right now.
    i got a mace out of my event cache last week and I don't have an OH for it QQ

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    It's just casual content that happens to reward catch up gear. "But it's an expansion feature!" So were pet battles, don't remember seeing people demanding it to be an alternate form of progression. Jk, I do remember them and they were as stupid as this thread. Not all content is for everyone.

Also 370 isn't "low itemlevel", it is average item level for active players.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

i would bet that 370 is still high item level for the majority of people who play wow.

I'm confused - are we supposed to be nerdraging because Horde got warfronts first or are we supposed to be nerdraging because warfronts are pointless?

They were already obsolete for many horde players too (not me, i started a lil late this expansion)

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's no where close to being considered outdated because of its low itemlevel. The majority does not raid mythic.
    I have 0 mythic raid boss killed. I do not have AoTC. 370 is also heroic gear not mythic gear.

but yes 370 is low at this point.

If you're full 370 after two weeks of waiting for the Warfront, then the one item probably wouldn't have made much of a difference for you anyway.

Personally I also hope for a weapon though, but I really doubt I would get that lucky!

Speaking as someone who chose not to blow through all the content in the first few weeks, knowing this is what we have to work with for about the next 2 years, it suits me fine. I can get a 370 that may or may not be useful and try and farm a sword transmog that I want.

Very few players indeed will be fully kitted out in 370+ gear.

A good 90% of players are lower iLvl than I am - and I got an awesome 370 item from the quest. I'm happy - it even had good stats.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    I hope people are aware that probably most of the playerbase will still get upgrades from Warfronts. Not everyone is geared up, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    When the horde got them 370 was something really good, nowadays it is almost considered outdated because of its low itemlevel. It is really a weird concept when the main feature of an expansion is obsolete for many main characters before it even launched.

Mind you, I am not saying here kill that feature completely, but I think the main selling features of an expansion should not exclude anybody right from the start.

Possible solution imo: Mythic warfronts for premade 20 groups but balanced around mythic raiding level where losing is actually a very likely outcome. Reward is would be 385 instead of 370.

Opinions?
    This genuinely only matters if you're a mythic raider who is actually killing enough bosses in mythic to get loot.
    The % of these people is so small, I seriously hope blizzard doesn't try to balance anything around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Maybe you could do it for fun? Although that will last you all of one run.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Maybe you could do it for fun? Although that will last you all of one run.
    It is pretty bad single player content IMO, even island expeditions are better.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Handing out unlimited 340 gear for LFG (=NO PRREMADE) content for one faction 2 weeks before the other right at the start of the expansion was a shitty design.
    If someone can't do any content without LFG, then they probably don't need 340 gear.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    When the horde got them 370 was something really good, nowadays it is almost considered outdated because of its low itemlevel. It is really a weird concept when the main feature of an expansion is obsolete for many main characters before it even launched.

Mind you, I am not saying here kill that feature completely, but I think the main selling features of an expansion should not exclude anybody right from the start.

Possible solution imo: Mythic warfronts for premade 20 groups but balanced around mythic raiding level where losing is actually a very likely outcome. Reward is would be 385 instead of 370.

Opinions?
    Now, while I agree that they should expand into different versions of Warfronts later, offering varied challenges, in no way, shape, or form is a 370 piece "low" for the vast majority of WoW players.
    Mythic raiders, or even those who have cleared Heroic 3 weeks straight may find it a bit lacking (though it can still WF/TF), that accounts for an extremely low percent of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you dont need to raid mythic to make 370 obsolete

all you need is +10 keys and heroic raids
    none of which are hard.

that said

warfronts are quite obviously not for raiders (just like most wow features frankly)
    +2s and normal raids are too hard for 80% of the playerbase if not more

they arleady say alliance gonna atack first nex tier, so call it even.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you dont need to raid mythic to make 370 obsolete

all you need is +10 keys and heroic raids
    none of which are hard.

that said

warfronts are quite obviously not for raiders (just like most wow features frankly)
    Most of my guild is still struggling with +3s.
    You'd be surprised how differently the average player may be from the fans that go to dedicated forums and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's no where close to being considered outdated because of its low itemlevel. The majority does not raid mythic.
    I only do WQs and LfR (Well, the bit that’s open now), and the only items on my main that aren’t 340+ already are the boots and weapon, so besides the one-time 370 item and attempts at those two slots, yeah, Warfronts are totally outdated for me...

I’m not saying that the warfront gear needs a buff, but it could have opened up a bit more quickly, Blizzard’s handling of warfronts has all been kind of a mess really.