Siege of Zandalar and the race to world's first....

As we know the horde and the alliance will have a different gaming experience. Given that crocodile tears and claims affection bias already exist, how do you think the 2 different raid experience will affect the race for world's and realm 1st?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    As we know the horde and the alliance will have a different gaming experience. Given that crocodile tears and claims affection bias already exist, how do you think the 2 different raid experience will affect the race for world's and realm 1st?
    It's entirely possible that while we fight different bosses, they have the same mechanics. This would negate any "Horde/Alliance had the easier fights" complaints.

Just a guess of course, we really don't know. But it would make some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    It's entirely possible that while we fight different bosses, they have the same mechanics. This would negate any "Horde/Alliance had the easier fights" complaints.

I don't believe this is the case, because players will have the option to kill the other 3 bosses as well. If they're carbon copies, what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Toastyame View Post
    I don't believe this is the case, because players will have the option to kill the other 3 bosses as well. If they're carbon copies, what is the point?
    It's not really an "option" clearing the raid will mean clearing out all nine, including the other faction bosses.

As for the world first.... all contenders are Horde anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance and Horde have three separate bosses at the start, then three shared bosses. When those six are done, they they do the other faction's first bosses.

So essentially both factions will be doing the same 9/9, just in a different order.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Alliance and Horde have three separate bosses at the start, then three shared bosses. When those six are done, they they do the other faction's first bosses.

So essentially both factions will be doing the same 9/9, just in a different order.
    This. It will be really interesting to see what bosses guilds get stuck on, and if there's a major difference between factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    Wow...someone obviously not biased at all!

But selfish people do love it when things aren't equal...

I wonder if there's going to be a Mythic-only fight at the end that requires all 9 bosses to be defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

As dumb as this potentially sounds, there already are two separate "world firsts" officially

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...ction=ALLIANCE

"world first for the alliance" lol. BFA things

I suppose having different bosses does create two WFs anyway. Personally not emotionally invested in the race myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde is gonna win anyway so what difference does it make.
    World first will be who clears the entire raid on mythic first, ez.

Well the fact is Alliance hasn't had a top 5 competing guild since Midwinter. Now that Midwinter is gone the race to World First all falls on the Horde.

So does it really matter now that we're getting a possible different raid for each faction? An alliance Guild will eventually clear it and become the "World First Alliance" ... while 20+ horde Guilds have cleared there version already.

Deleted
    Seeing how there's only 2 guilds right now on the top 20 who are alliance and none of them has what it takes to compete with the top 5 I don't think it will matter in regards to the world first race. Even if a Horde boss is insanely overtuned I still doubt an Alliance guild would get world ifrst before them.

Deleted
    Horde can do the Alliance bosses and vice versa.
    So yeah that pretty much answer the question

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you ask this as if there's any real viable contenders for World First on the Alliance side
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Are we sure that's how it's going to go? I feel like it makes more sense that both factions do their specific fights first, then 2 of the 3 shared bosses, then they have the option to do the last boss, which is a shared boss, or they have the option to "witness" the other faction's timeline and do their 3 bosses before moving onto the last boss (presumably Rastakhan/Bwonsamdi). This gives both factions the same last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Seeing how there's only 2 guilds right now on the top 20 who are alliance and none of them has what it takes to compete with the top 5 I don't think it will matter in regards to the world first race. Even if a Horde boss is insanely overtuned I still doubt an Alliance guild would get world ifrst before them.
    Midwinter is not gone, they went horde though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Midwinter is not gone, they went horde though.
    I never mentioned Midwinter neither did I refer to any guild who isn't in the top 20.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post

The last bosses have been described to be different, unless Rastakhan tries to escape and that ends up being a fight on the open seas which I highly doubt is the case.